The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2010, 07:49 AM

Sheikh Saud bin Saqr of RAK has an Ancient Egyptian face.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Sheikh Saud bin Saqr al Qasimi's offspring? + his arrest for sexual assault

I don't see any reference to his wife (or earlier wives?) What is his wife's name? Does he have children? In an official "Golden Tribute" to his father, Saqr bin Mohammed al-Qassimi (Goldern Tribute , PDF) there is almost no mention nor photo of any women at all. It's a rather striking single-gender society, by that presentation. (Yeah, modesty, right.)

If he was married in June 2005, his wife likely didn't like him being arrested on charges of sexual assault against a hotel charwoman (cleaning lady). The police reports, released in October 2009, reveal that after initially claiming diplomatic immunity, then denying any contact with the woman, and changing his story several times, he eventually conceded: "Yes I touched her breasts"; "we were hugging and then I asked her if it was okay if I touched her breasts and she said yes"; "I never touched her vagina, is she saying I did that?"; "I only touched her butt on the outside of her pants. I never put my hands down her pants"; "she agreed to the things we were doing." When asked: "Why are you touching this woman's breasts if you're married?", he replied: "What do you want me to say? You know... you're talking about, who, why are you saying like that?"

The woman, a cleaning supervisor, reports differently. She claims he offered to read her palms, then started to rub her neck from behind, then grabbed her shoulder and stuck his hands under her shirt and bra. She told him to stop, but he pushed her down on the couch and pinned her down while he digitally raped her with his finger several times, telling her: "Your pet's wet." She struggled to extricate herself. Upon getting away (based on her cell-phone ringing and a pretext that she'd be missed) she immediately went to a co-worker and said that the man in Room 2601 had felt her breasts and digitally penetrated her. The co-worker confirmed later that she was shaken up and very upset. They notified the police immediately, and went to a hospital rape trauma unit. The police came, arrested Sheikh Saud, retrieved the baby-pin that had held the cleaning lady's pants together from Saud's room (as she reported), and a female officer interrogated him (). They handcuffed him and brought him to the station, where they photographed him.

Saud evidently spent the weekend in custody, and left the US immediately upon his release. After nine months, the case was dropped by prosecutors, who declined to prosecute, perhaps due to his status as a head of "state" (er, Emirate?).

Old 08-21-2010, 07:35 AM

Question

Dear LiamK,

Sheikh Saud is a disgusting person, as well as his father,

but I fail to believe this!

How could a Crown Prince and effective ruler of a sovereign state have been arrested? It would have been a major international scandal.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:09 AM
Administrator

News of the death of HH Sheikh Saqr, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah from 1948 to 2010, and succession of his son HH Crown Prince Saud,
can be found in the Death of Sheikh Saqr thread.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi was appointed the Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah on December 6, 2010.

Gulf in the media
Bahrain News Agency
Old 12-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed

New Crown Prince of RAK seeks to be bridge from past to future
15 December 2010

The young sheikh has the Qawasim profile but the soft, gentle eyes and long lashes of his mother, the businesswoman Sheikha Hana bint Juma al Majid.
But only a few years out of his teens, Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud Al Qasimi now carries the responsibility of his new role as the emirate's Crown Prince.

Sheikh Mohammed received the title last week after a 40-day mourning period for his grandfather, Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed, who ruled the emirate for 62 years.

He sees his role as a listener, a guardian of traditions and, at the same time, a man to help to take RAK into the future. "This is just a continuation of responsibilities that I have grown up with," said Sheikh Mohammed, 23, in the palace where he has greeted hundreds in the past week. "Anything that is good for the people of this emirate, I will try to do and at the same time take into consideration the different views and thoughts people share. I want to do what is in the long term interest, not the short term."

Sheikh Mohammed, the oldest of six children, has shadowed his father Sheikh Saud bin Saqr, the new Ruler of RAK, for the past year since his return from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he graduated in political science with a focus on international relations.

Full story + photo: Home Page - Gulf in the Media
Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 AM

the family tree of the royal family of rak

Sheikh Saqr's Sons

1-Sheikh Khalid bin Saqr Alqassimi ,, Former crown Prince : Son of sheikha nora bint sultan alqassimi
2-Sheikh Sultan bin Saqr Alqassimi,, Passed away 10/12/2009:: Son of sheikha nora bint sultan alqassimi
3-Sheikh Mohammed bin Saqr Alqassimi,,Son of sheikha asha bin sultan al khatri
4-Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Alqassimi: Ruler of RAK: Son of sheikha mahra bi ahmad al ghurair
5-Sheikh Omar bin Saqr Alqassimi: RAK Bank Chairman :Son of sheikha mahra bi ahmad al ghurair
6-Sheikh Talib bin Saqr Alqassimi: Head of Police,, Son of sheikha asha bin sultan al khatri
7-Sheikh Faisal bin Saqr Alqassimi : chairman of Julfar medicine factory, chairman of RAK FTZ
8-Sheikh Ahmad bin Saqr Alqassimi,, chairman of customs dpeartment
Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Commoner

Can anyone tell me the names and DOB of Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qassimi's children? Officially, he has 6 children- and only the picture and biography of the Crown Prince have been published.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LallaSuhana11 View Post
Can anyone tell me the names and DOB of Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qassimi's children? Officially, he has 6 children- and only the picture and biography of the Crown Prince have been published.
i don't know the DoB but their names are sheikh mohammed, Sheikha Amna, sheikh Ahmed, Sheikh Khalid, Sheikh Saqr and Sheikha Mahra.

The oldest son must be around 23 or 24. He's the crown prince of RAK so I guess you'll find informations about him online
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 AM

Question about:saqer al qasimy who was fighting with portugal army and wone a war?

Some questions about saqer al qasimy who was fighting a war with the portugal army and was wining the war.

I dont know what "saqer al qasimy" and dont know the war.
Maybe someboday can help me.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Another Question

Hi there

I am freshly new to this but i had visited Ras Al Khaimah several time but could not understand the structure of the rulling family

As brothers from several mothers and each is holding a position not like dubai where we only know one sheikh of it
Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Several members of the Al Maktoum Ruling Family (apart from the Ruler himself) hold official positions in Dubai, among them...

Crown Prince Hamdan (son of the Ruler): Deputy Ruler of Dubai
Sheikh Maktoum (a younger brother of the CP): Deputy Ruler of Dubai, First Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Sheikh Ahmed (another brother): Chairman of Dubai Events Management and Organisation
Sheikh Majid (a half-brother of the CP):Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority
Sheikha Manal (a half sister of the CP): President of Dubai Women Establishment (DWE)
Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid (a brother of the Ruler): Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance and Industry
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed (an uncle of the Ruler): President Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman Dubai Airports, Chairman and CEO Emirates Airlines
Old 03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Several members of the Al Maktoum Ruling Family (apart from the Ruler himself) hold official positions in Dubai, among them...

I did not notice your post until now. Allow me a small correction: CP Sheikh Hamdan isn't a Deputy Ruler of Dubai.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Here is what Wikipedia is saying about S.Hamdan´s roles & titles:
On 1 February 2008, Sheikh Hamdan was named as the Hereditary Prince of Dubai. As the new Hereditary Prince, he has recently appointed new key personal and financial advisors such as a global economist and a hedge fund tycoon from HN Capital LLP.He was appointed as the Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council in September 2006.He also is the head of the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for Young Entrepreneurs, and resides on the Dubai Sports Council and the Dubai Autism Centre.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Here is what Wikipedia is saying about S.Hamdan´s roles & titles:
On 1 February 2008, Sheikh Hamdan was named as the Hereditary Prince of Dubai. As the new Hereditary Prince, he has recently appointed new key personal and financial advisors such as a global economist and a hedge fund tycoon from HN Capital LLP.He was appointed as the Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council in September 2006.He also is the head of the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for Young Entrepreneurs, and resides on the Dubai Sports Council and the Dubai Autism Centre.
Right, I do not contradict these Wiki statements. I only disagree with a old statement of Warren on Sheikh Hamdan from the last year, because Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed isn´t and had never been a Deputy Ruler of Dubai.

BTW: Furthermore it is also the wrong thread for this point of view.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Yes,that should be changed to the names & titles thread, but I just wanted to add his correct titles!
. Helen Keller
Old 03-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Yes,that should be changed to the names & titles thread, but I just wanted to add his correct titles!
I´m sorry, my statement was not meant so rude as it sounded. It was just a small note. Forgive!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM

can anyone send me His Highness Sheikh Omar bin Saqar Al Qassimi's email id
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

@ rinaas747: We do not answer these kind of questions here. The privacy of others are important for us. Therefore, no contact informations are mediated.

Please note the forum rules, which you can find here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ork&page=rules
Otherwise: Welcome on TRF.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:29 AM

Hi

Thank you sir.