Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Visit to Oman and the UAE: January 15-20, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
the crown princely couple will visit oman and the UAE from 15-20 January 2009

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this their first visit to Oman and UAE? I don't recall seeing any previous photos of them in either country. Was the reason for this visit stated on the website (I'm very sorry; I can't understand Dutch)?

Is this their first visit to Oman and UAE? I don't recall seeing any previous photos of them in either country. Was the reason for this visit stated on the website (I'm very sorry; I can't understand Dutch)?

I don't believe they ever visited before.

Do you know the reason for this visit (i.e. strengthening ties, economics, etc)?

Official Visit to Oman and the United Arab Emirates january 15th - 20th

:dutchstandard:
This thursday,january 15th,TRH will start their Offcial Visit to Oman and the Unites Arab Emirates.

TRH will be accompanied by the state secretary of economic affairs drs.F.Heemskerk.

Itinerary

Thursday the 15th:

Arrival in Oman in the evening:Welcome ceremony

Friday the 16th

Sohar:
Visit to the International port of Sohar,a 50% - 50% joint venture of the Government of Oman and the City of Rotterdam,

Visit to,and opening by the Prince of Orange,of the International Maritime College of Oman,the Shipping-and Transport College
of Rotterdam is involved here.

Saturday the 17th

Muscat,Oman

Visit to Petroleum Development Oman,(Shell participates here for 34%.

Visit to AMIDEAST,a job readiness program for women,supported by the dutch embassy in Oman.

Roundtable talks with government ministers on bilateral economic relationships and sustaineble development and education.

Reception with the Dutch community in Oman and Omani entrepeneurs.

Dinner with HM The Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said.

Sunday the 18th

Abu Dhabi,United Arab Emirates

Arrival,welcome ceremony

Prince of Orange and state secretary Heemskerk will attend the seminar `Creating a sustaineble water chain in a dense coastal zone`,organised by the Dutch - Gulf Water Partnership and Environment Agency.

Princess Máxima will have talks with succesfull women of the UAE corporate world

Workshop of the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council and the Netherlands Architecture Institute

Prince of Orange and state secretary Heemskerk will meet HRH Sheik Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan,ruler of Abu Dhabi and
HRH Crown Prince Sheik Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan

Princess Máxima will meet Sheika Fatima and Sheika Salama,mother and spouse of the Crown Prince.

Informel visit to the desert of Abu Dhabi and an aquiantence with the local culture offered by Crown Prince Sheik Mohammed

Roundtable talks with CEO´s of The Netherlands and the UAE

Reception with CEO´s,representatives of the corporate world as well as the government.

Monday the 19th

Abu Dhabi and Dubai

Visit at the Sheik Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan mosque

Opening speech by HRH The Prince of Orange of the World Future Energy Summit

Opening of Holland Pavillion,wher the dutch show they are strong in sustaineble energy,sustaineble building and sustaineble living

Prince of Orange and state secretary Heemskerk will meet HRH Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid bin Maktoum, vice-president and PM of the UAE,Minister of Defence and Ruler of Dubai

Princess Máxima meets Princess Haya,spouse of Sheik Mohammed and daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan

Meeting with the dutch community in the UAE and the corporate world present at the WFES

Tuesday january 20th

Visit to Dubai Port World

Lunch meeting with investors from the Netherlands and the UAE.

Farewell ceremony.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
I think we won´t see tiaras. The meeting between Maxima and Sheika Fatima will be private, perhaps we will see pics of her with Princess Haya.

right Salma Sheikha Fatima always receive her guest privately no photos,maybe(at least i hope) some with PHaya:)

how exciting, i just saw the pictures in PPE. i'm glad to see them in this visit - i was looking forward to it. hopefully we will see maxima with fatima and salma. i'm pretty sure there will be pictures of maxima with haya in dubai. it's also quite likely that the ladies met during their visit during the winter holidays, don't you think?

I have read somewhere that HHRRHH were visiting Dutch friends who are living in Dubai at the moment, though they could have met princess Haya (or other royals) during their stay. Princess Haya used to be quite frequently in The Netherlands and often met Queen Beatrix at horsing events.

-
It seems they used the KBX to get to Oman.

Very nice photos! The prince and princess look wonderful (wish I looked as good after a long flight).

From royalblog:

Oman welcomes Alexander and Máxima

H.H. Sayyid Haitham bin Tariq al Said, Minister of Heritage & Culture of the Sultanate of Oman, welcomed Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands at Muscat International Airport on Thursday evening, Jan. 15th. The royal couple are on a three day visit to Oman - a first for the Dutch.

Read the entire article here.

I think we won´t see tiaras. The meeting between Maxima and Sheika Fatima will be private, perhaps we will see pics of her with Princess Haya.

right Salma Sheikha Fatima always receive her guest privately no photos,maybe(at least i hope) some with PHaya:)

We will not get a picture of P.Maxima with the Sheikha's thats for sure but if we are lucky enough we might geta picture of Maxima with her delegation or with Sheikha Fatima's delegation at the meeting. We have seen that before ie, When Laura Bush visited Sheikha Fatima, a picture of Laura Bush at the event was released.

I have read somewhere that HHRRHH were visiting Dutch friends who are living in Dubai at the moment, though they could have met princess Haya (or other royals) during their stay. Princess Haya used to be quite frequently in The Netherlands and often met Queen Beatrix at horsing events.

yes, i recall hearing about the long and close relationship between the jordanian and dutch royals when the king and queen of jordan visited the netherlands not long ago.

We will not get a picture of P.Maxima with the Sheikha's thats for sure but if we are lucky enough we might geta picture of Maxima with her delegation or with Sheikha Fatima's delegation at the meeting. We have seen that before ie, When Laura Bush visited Sheikha Fatima, a picture of Laura Bush at the event was released.

that's right, laura was pictured with a group of ladies dressed in black. i don't know who they are. perhaps part of fatima's delegation/secretariat?

I suppose Maxima will be wearing pant suits the rest of the visit since I do not think it is the custom to wear skirts that show anything of the legs in the UAE.

I suppose Maxima will be wearing pant suits the rest of the visit since I do not think it is the custom to wear skirts that show anything of the legs in the UAE.
not necessary,I remember seen pics of Rania with skirt during her visit to Dubai,CPVictoria too wore skirt during visit to UAE but not sur here.

I love Maxima in white she looks great,thanks everyone for the pictures hope to see more:flowers:

In the UAE, you are free to wear what you like, short skirts, mini skirts, short dresses. There have been previoues visits by royal ladies such as Queen Rania, Lalla Salma to the UAE who have been in short skirts.

Maxima at the port looked good in white and this is quite a great picture of W-A and this of the Crown Prince Couple

and more picture at the port all via ANP

Pic 1 -- Maxima 1 -- Maxima 2 -- Titanic :lol: -- Pic 5 -- Pic 6

aww, i love that camel and how it's leaning on its owner! how adorable. did it try to eat maxima's bouquet? :)

very nice outfit for maxima. i feel that when she dresses as she likes she looks so natural and beautiful. it's quite evident maxima likes suits from her younger years while working in the finance industry and they suit her fantastically. lovely accesories as well.

nice pic of maxima

I am glad to see new photos of the royal couple! I hope they enjoy the visit. Princess Maxima looks very elegant on this first day.

Maxima is such a beautiful woman. She is so natural. She looks very happy. She is a great role model for many women. What a wonderful couple.

i loved seeing maxima in this recycled jacket! it's lovely.

i'm sure TTRRHH are having a lovely time in oman. omani and arab people in general are so hospitable and welcoming.

Back
Top Bottom