National Day December 2: 2011 - 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
National Day 2011 will be celebrated with a big Parade as for 40 years of the Union with the rulers, crown princes and Sheikhs attending.

Last edited:
Will the Duke of York attend? Are any other foreign guests invited?

Will the Duke of York attend? Are any other foreign guests invited?

Not that it has been mentioned but I do think that some royals from neighboring countries will be attending.

is ther any special celebration for this year?
I mean 40 years is big and special deserve special celebrations no?:)

Most streets in Dubai are decorated with flags and you can buy a lot of patriotic souvenirs everywhere (everything with the colours of UAE or scarves with pictures of Sheikh Mohammed and S.Hamdan) Unfortunately I couldn´t stay for the national day but here´s a homepage with some events: UAENationalDay.ae
I am hoping for a big firework and seeing lots of pictures of the celebrations:)

By the way,it´s also Sheikha Al Jalila´s birthday (She was born on 2 December 2007):flowers:

Last edited:
is ther any special celebration for this year?
I mean 40 years is big and special deserve special celebrations no?:)

Yes, a Parade with expected over 30,000 people attending and the rulers.
There have been festivals and celebrations for the past 40 days throughout the UAE. Streets, houses etc have all been decorated with flags and lights. Almost every house has a flag (by choice).
The parade today will be live on all UAE channels starting at 5:00pm (UAE time).

Mohammed bin Rashid explores the UAE's 40 years of achievements
WAM (very interesting) ** Video

Sheikh Hamdan Dubai Cp attends a celebration with his brothers and Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon
WAM picture

Last edited:
Gulf news has a lot of stories and pictures-Here a group of kids formed a Human UAE Map with approximately 5,000 students: gulfnews : Time to celebrate

I hope Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikh Hamdan will release more pictures & videos from the National Day celebrations or feel inspired to write a new poem for the occasion.

Last edited:
i saw part of today celebration it was impressive.
thanks for the links.

Loved the videos, thanks for posting them!

Jordan's King congratulates UAE president on National Day

Amman, Dec. 1 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday sent a cable to President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sheikh Khalifah bin Zayed Al Nahyan congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's national day.

The King wished the UAE president continued good health and happiness and his people further progress and prosperity.

I really like the pictures of emirati sheikhs they look so happy in them 40 national day and I like sheikh mohammed bin zayed when he was dancing I really like them they are so good people :flowers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjH-qjWemZg&feature=youtube_gdata_playerTwo official videos for UAE National Day:
UAE 40th National Day Official Ceremony - YouTube
Spirit of the Union - UAE 40th National Day - YouTube
A youtube channel with lots of videos celebrating 40yrs of UAE: TheUAEPROUD40's Channel - YouTube

Here a fan-made video with pictures of the UAE from the foundation till now: clebrating 40 years of uae national day - YouTube

So much creativity and ideas for decorative patriotic souvenirs:
UAE National Day 2011 Decorations & Gifts - YouTube

Sheikha Fatima: 2nd December will ever remain a glorious day in human history
Mother of Emirates HH Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak has said that 2nd December 1971 will ever remain a glorious day in history as well an invaluable treasure of memory that we bequeath to our children and grandchildren for cherishing throughout the coming ages.

H. H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the Women's General Union, and of the Family Development Foundation, attended today the 40th national day anniversary, held at Zayed Sports City.
The event was also attended by the wives of Their Highnesses, Members of Supreme Council and Rulers of Emirates, and other Sheikhas.
Sheikha Fatima thanked the organisers of the event for participation of Emirati girls in the military and police parades. - Source

Sheikha Fatima attends Royal Oman Symphony Orchestra concert
As part of the celebrations of the UAE's 40th national day anniversary, H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the General Women's Union and the Supreme President of the Family Development Council attended this evening a concert by the Royal Oman Symphony Orchestra.

Love the video of the fountain, very cool.

Back
Top Bottom