Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CourtierUK: Christening of Mia Tindall, born in January, appears to have taken place in Gloucestershire today.

@JordonLee: It appears the christening of Zara and Mike Tindall's daughter Mia took place in Gloucestershire today. Queen and Prince William there.

People were wondering why Kate wasn't there but where was Peter and Autumn? Even if not godparents, I would think they would have been there. Maybe just didn't get filmed by the passerby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think it's lovely that the Queen makes time for the christenings of all her great-grandchildren. She hasn't missed any as far as I know.

Is it "normal" to wait so long to christen a baby? Mia is almost a year old.

People were wondering why Kate wasn't there but where was Peter and Autumn? Even if not godparents, I would think they would have been there. Maybe just didn't get filmed by the passerby.

The daily mail says that the video was filmed by a local news reporter who just happened to be passing by with his family. I suspect we only saw the Queen , Dof E and William arrive as they arrived last as the Queen always does and so were probably the only family left to arrive by the time people had worked out what was going on etc.

Last edited:

I am a little surprised they waited so long too. I even wondered if they had decided not to baptize the child. Then I realized that Mike and Zara might have put off the event to be able to coordinate the schedules of god-parents and everyone else they wanted to attend.

It's nothing to go wild over. The family has a history of delay with christening, if not this long. They are relaxed about Christenings, IMHO. With all their commitments, I think it's hard to carve out personal days for everyone. They have become a really diverse bunch, you know?
I'm just glad they got together!

I presume Prince William is a god parent.

:previous: Not that I know of, just the video that a passer by took on their mobile phone. There weren't that many photos of Savannah or Isla's christenings IIRC, so I can imagine that Mia's will be the same. :flowers:

I presume Prince William is a god parent.

Of course I don't know, but I do agree that it's quite likely. Zara is George's godmother, so it does make sense and it's quite a nice idea that William gets to become Mia's godfather, if that is indeed the case.

I was surprised that the christening was mentioned on the BBC News last night, as I thought it would be too of a low profile event to mention. But I guess Zara is more well known than Peter and Autumn, as she is a professional sportswoman as well as HM's granddaughter. It was nice that HM attended, she also went to Savannah and or Isla's christenings IIRC. I too think it's strange that she was christened so late (she is about eleven months now). Willem Jan van Vollenhoven in the Netherlands was christened late too, but that's because his uncle Prince Bernhard was ill. Perhaps they preferred to christen Mia late, or it could have something to do with sport. My mother was christened when she was eighteen months, and by that stage she was already walking and talking; though I was christened much earlier at five months. I was just on solid food by that stage.

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall and Family Current events: January 2011-

Not only is Zara is more famous than Peter, but Mike Tindall is famous in his own right.

It is probably a safe assumption that William was one of the godparents since there really weren't other extended family members that we saw.

i wonder how zara and mike chose cherington to do mia's christening. i guess it's close to gatcombe, but wonder if they have any connections with the village or simply like it...

I wish they would at least make an official statement about it. If William is Mia's Godparent, then I think it should be officially stated that he is. It appears that it wasn't a big family gathering like George's Christening.

I wish they would at least make an official statement about it. If William is Mia's Godparent, then I think it should be officially stated that he is. It appears that it wasn't a big family gathering like George's Christening.

Was George's christening a big family gathering? Other than the grandparents, great-grandparents and parents' siblings there were no other family members present (Zara was there as a godparent). We don't know who was present at Mia's christening but from the reporting it sounds as if there was very little difference.

Was George's christening a big family gathering? Other than the grandparents, great-grandparents and parents' siblings there were no other family members present (Zara was there as a godparent). We don't know who was present at Mia's christening but from the reporting it sounds as if there was very little difference.

To me, that was a nice big family gathering for George's Christening.

That's true... I think for George it was exprected a bigger gathering (due to his position). If W&K had a "modest" baptism for the a king-to-be I understand Mia's one...

By royal standards George's was very modest for a future king.

William and Harry had everyone there at their baptisms but George had no extended family at all.

Mia's, if this is what it was, was the same as the other great-grandchildren - the parents, siblings of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and godparents.

George's was the strange one as he is the future King and there was virtually no coverage at all - when you compare the coverage of William and even Charles it was very low key.

Were the Kents and Gloucesters and Princess Margaret's family at William's christening? If not, you have the same people at William's, George's and Mia's christening- great grandparents, grandparents, siblings of parents and godparents. Except with William - Charles and Diana have more siblings and 3 of them are married at the time compared to the smaller siblings numbers in the next generation.

IIRC the extended royal family wasn't at William's christening. Only Princess Alexandra of Kent was there as godmother. So while George's christening seemed low-key, it really wasn't much different than William's. The only immediate differences I can think of are the location as well as the fact that William had one foreign royal godparent (who obviously is a friend of the family, but still very suiting for a future king and I had hoped they would have done the same with George).

Remember HM, Princess Anne and William's schedule aren't the only ones Zara and Mike had to work around. I am assuming they had respective friends and teammates from the two Worlds of Equestrian and Rugby as Godparents. That's three groups of people w/busy schedules to have to try find a date that works for all.

When we got to mid Summer and no Christening Announcement, I thought either it was done privately or they were having trouble finding a date to work for all. Would love a picture, but also won't be surprised not to see one either.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I was wondering where they were, since we didn't see them at Sandrigham!

I've always wondered if the Queen's granddaughter is allowed to make a lucrative living, why not the Middletons.

Zara Phillips launches yacht race and set to attend racehorse sales | Daily Mail Online
They were notable absences from the royal gathering at Sandringham on Christmas Day.

In fact, Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall were on the other side of the world – for the pair had business to attend to.

The couple, along with their 11-month-old daughter Mia Grace, flew to Australia in mid-December to fulfil a series of lucrative commitments.

Zara’s grandparents – the Queen and Prince Philip – and her mother, Princess Anne, spent Christmas Day at church before their traditional lunch at Sandringham House.

Meanwhile, Zara was launching a yacht race in her role as a global ambassador for Rolex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom