Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yyyeeecchhhttt

The photo was taken in 2008 for the 2009 Calendar.

The aim of the calendar is to raise money for charity - so a worthwhile cause. If a charity benefits good for Mike. I must admit that he is well defined as you would expect from a professional sportsman.

:previous: Agreed. He not only acted badly as a newlywed, but he mislead his management about what really happened.

He (or his agent) probably didn't read the contract, which normally carries a "morals" clause from which there is no recourse for the "employee."

Given the way he played in NZ he was probably for the chop anyway - at 33 he would be close to the end of his international rugby career and this really only means that they won't be not picking him next season, which was probably going to be the case.

All that they have done is not renewed his elite player contract - and from my experience with a number of these sports - it is perfectly possible to still be selected, if good enough, even if not on contract.

Good old DM making a story out of nothing - she regularly takes her dogs for a walk - does he always go with her? I doubt it. And they missed making the point of why he would be going anywhere - Gloucester, his club side, had to play Toulouse so no doubt he was leaving to go to work - i.e. play a game of rugby, which Gloucester lost - no doubt someone at the DM will blame Mike for that loss as well. In fact, according to the Telegraph Mike played a really good game Toulouse 21 Gloucester 17: match report - Telegraph Mike Tindall’s travails – and anger – are not going to disappear overnight but the England centre will be feeling a whole lot better this morning after one of the best performances of his club career nearly inspired a famous Gloucester win over mighty Toulouse.

I've found that tabloids are the experts and selecting pictures to suit the spin they want to put on a "news" item--although you'd think it wouldn't be a slow enough news day to feature Zara walking her dog.;) All the media do it, but tabloids do it best.

Good old DM making a story out of nothing - she regularly takes her dogs for a walk - does he always go with her? I doubt it.

As far as I'm concerned, the Daily Mail missed the real story -- why was Zara wearing her Uggs when walking the dogs? I won't even wear my fake ones unless I'm certain to stay on pavement! I don't want to ruin them by stepping in anything messy. :ROFLMAO:

It seems to me that Mike and Zara are just a target for the paparazzi at the moment because of the recent headlines. As soon as something more newsworthy happens, they'll be left in peace to do their normal everyday tasks.

As far as I'm concerned, the Daily Mail missed the real story -- why was Zara wearing her Uggs when walking the dogs? I won't even wear my fake ones unless I'm certain to stay on pavement! I don't want to ruin them by stepping in anything messy. :ROFLMAO:

It seems to me that Mike and Zara are just a target for the paparazzi at the moment because of the recent headlines. As soon as something more newsworthy happens, they'll be left in peace to do their normal everyday tasks.

Why am I not surprised that Mike has been reinstated and part of the fine lifted? <--- Now that's a rhetorical question. LOL

Uggs are not meant to be worn outdoors. They are houseshoes. However, she should be able to wear them whenever she wants.

Last edited:
Did any other team members receive fines or suspensions for drinking and partying? If not then Mike was singled out for special punishment because of who his wife is related to. No reason for him to be treated differently than his team mates in this regard especially since the team was apparently not given a curfew or a ban on drinking/partying.

Ridiculous, even I believed he deserved the punishment he was given. I'll be the first one to say someone has whispered in someone elses ear.

That would only be true if it equally applied to all the players who got drunk that night and who did inappropriate things.

Why am I not surprised that Mike has been reinstated and part of the fine lifted? <--- Now that's a rhetorical question. LOL
Not rhetorical at all. Not only must justice be done, it must be seen to be done. Unfortunately that was not the case with the punishment meted out by the RFU. With no curfew, drinks ban, morals clauses, etc. Fines were a little hypocritical in that they reflected the embarrassment of those who didn't do their jobs training, organising and policing the team at the World Cup.

The disproportionately high fine on Mike was levied with a demonstrably uneven and unfair hand. In this case I think that being married to the Queen's granddaughter worked against him as he took the brunt of the retributuion. The RFU became laughing stocks by their own petty behaviour in trying to show they were so fair that no one was exempt.

Personally I think they should have saved that sort of punishment for those that harassed the chambermaid in Queenstown. Their actions brought the entire British Rugby Team into very public disrepute. They, with the backing of the RFU, are still trying to slander the victim and make us believe they were all choirboys. Yeah right!

Uggs are not meant to be worn outdoors. They are houseshoes. However, she should be able to wear them whenever she wants.
Sorry, down in Australia or New Zealand where they came from, Uggs are definitely not house slippers! Sorry as I am to say it, they appear on the farm, on the street and, (lord have mercy) in the office . . . . . Ugh indeed!! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

They are definitely a lovely couple and well suited. I do hope we get to see a bit more of them when Mike arrives back from the World Cup rugby in New Zealand.

I think Zara is very attractive, but the truth is that I now feel sorry for her.

The man she married is a loser, and now she knows it. :sad:

Does he have a future in broadcasting? Don't know how it works in the UK, much less rugby, but he would be a draw, I imagine.

:previous: Maybe if he got his nose fixed. In all seriousness, it would be a distraction with a visual broadcast. Maybe radio? I've never heard his voice.

Mike Tindall failed to make the cut for England's team for this season's Six Nations:

Six Nations: Owen Farrell in new-look England squad

What is the Six Nations competition?

Six Nations is an annual competition played between the six major Rugby playing nations in the Northern Hemisphere - England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy.

Mike not making this team, at this time, isn't a surprise. Like many of the world's leading rugby nations 33 is getting old and there is four years to the next World Cup so many players of around his age are being passed over now for younger players so they have the experience of big games in readiness for 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom