Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the happy couple well, may they enjoy their special day.
I hope to be able to see it on tv - does anyone know if it will be shown here in Aust?

I hope that the media (everywhere) stops the Kate V Zara headlines!!!
... they always seem to get along well, & I believe are friends ... it would be nice if that relationship can be allowed to deepen without all the negativity in the press.
What a wonderful generation of Royals ---hope to see them one day raising families together one day !!!:flowers::flowers:
xoxos

:flowers:Hello all Brits,
Can anyone tell me which TV Channel will be showing Zara's wedding please?
I would love to watch the entire ceremony if possible -not just the highlights on the news.
* I hosted a Royal Wedding Party for Wills & Kate and was thinking of doing the same here - even if we have to watch it on computers instead of large screens!!!:flowers:

It is not likely that it will be televised.

:previous: Thank you for letting me know.

I will just have to watch the ' highlights ' on the news & buy a few Mags.

xoxos:flowers:

Later today - Saturday 6th - Mike should be playing for England against Wales at Twickenham.

Mike is Captain for the England squad, playing in NZ against Argentina this morning. The commentator said that 'married life is suiting him well as he's back to form'.

All hearsay garbage which I am sure reporters could not wait to flash in the newspapers. Unfotutnately when you are married to royalty, one is immediately in the public eye. If there was actual hardcore evidence like photographs of Mike misbehaving then it would be a different story. A lot of times women do deliberately "throw" themselves at celebrities in order to see what type of reaction will transpire.

Last edited:
All hearsay garbage which I sure reporters could not wait to flash in the newspapers. Unfotutnately when you are married to royalty, one is immediately in the public eye. If there was actual hardcore evidence like photographs of Mike misbehaving then it would be a different story. A lot of times women do deliberately "throw" themselves at celebrities in order to see what type of reaction will transpire.

As he is the captain of England it doesn't matter to whom he is married - he would have had the same headlines anyway.

Whether he did anything - who cares (besides Zara). I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these sorts of things over the next 5 or so weeks - in order to upset one of the more fancied teams.

I wonder what all the fuss is about. He is a rugby player, what else can I say. Zara knew exactly whom she married, and she is no shrinking violet, either.

He's a rugby player?
What kind of excuse is that?
I don't see his occupation as an excuse for bad behavior.

He's married now, and he should remember that.

He's a rugby player?
What kind of excuse is that?
I don't see his occupation as an excuse for bad behavior.

He's married now, and he should remember that.

He is a typical english sportsstar like footballers, cricketers etc who all have had their share of excess that only by accident became public. Hard sports, tough guys, party animals, women, booze etc, there is a long tradition, what happens in the team stays in the team, its a lifestyle Zara will be very familiar with.

Here's a longer video - it shows them holding hands and leaving the bar together.

Video of New Zealand pub encounter a royal pain for Mike Tindall | Herald Sun

I understand what you're getting at Duke of Marmalade. A lot of sports wives have a whatever happens on the road, stays on the road attitude. As long as it remains unseen they can live with it. Although, some of the wives do decide to leave once the cheating becomes public - Cheryl Cole and Eva Longoria come to mind.

I will say this though, even if Zara is okay with this type of lifestyle, I think it's stupid of Mike to do it. He's not just some football player, he's also now a member of the royal family. Hanging out and having a good time is fine. Hugging and holding hands with some woman is not. His actions reflect on more than just him now.

ETA: It looks like that site took down the longer video and put up a shorter clip.

Last edited:
Here's the deal...at least as I see it.

Mike and Zara appear to know who they have married in regards to dedication to their relationship as well as their sport. They appear genuinely happy.

Although Mike has dated Zara for a good bit and was used to the press attention because of his sports as well as his relationship with Zara ----- its a different game now that he has married her. He is an extended member of the British Royal Family and as such people are going to try to catch him doing something that is not right and he is going to have to deal with a lot MORE attention. That being said, if this is just a friend or whatever ......don't give them anything to work with.

Continue your somewhat normal routine but be careful of your actions...they can always be misconstrued even when you have the best intentions and the press is watching you. So don't give them anything to work with. Hopefully he has learned something from this.

Zara's having a bad time of it between that "RILF" Tatler cover and her hubby getting caught by the press like that.

He is a typical english sportsstar like footballers, cricketers etc who all have had their share of excess that only by accident became public. Hard sports, tough guys, party animals, women, booze etc, there is a long tradition, what happens in the team stays in the team, its a lifestyle Zara will be very familiar with.
So lets get this correct, It's OK for a newly married man or any married man to kiss other women.

That is still the current common thought in France about sportsstars. The only problem is a former captain of our national rugby team has been given a 14 years jail sentence (he is on probation) for having murdered his wife while being drunk. He used to be severely drunk and violent when he was drunk. His former club protected him a lot, and his behaviour was often characterized as the typical rugbyman excess. And he shot his wife, his children's mother, dead.
So, no, this is a not a lifestyle to be excused and sportsmen with problems should be helped and not excused by their employers.

Oh dear, after seeing the longer video it is worse than I thought. I hope that the gutter press doesn't keep on with this and ruin their marriage before it has really even started.
No new bride (or even old married woman) would like to see this.

ruin their marriage before it has really even started.

Ruin there marriage? After what these two have been through, this story is nothing. It's being blown out of proportion because Mike's the Captain of the England squad and happens to be married to the granddaughter of the Queen.

There's really no excuse for this; rugby or no rugby, there is no reason for him to be so close to a woman that something like this can even be misinterpreted. No business at all; he can party in his hotel room and he can party in the hotel bars, not at all where there are a dozen or so women who want to 'play' games and wiht a man they know who is married.

Doesn't look good and isn't respectful towards Zara or their marriage. They're still newlyweds. I gave him the benefit of the doubt until I saw the video.

So lets get this correct, It's OK for a newly married man or any married man to kiss other women.

Depends on a lot of things.

I have a number of married male friends. I kiss them. They and I know there is nothing in the relationship other than being friends.

Are we doing something wrong - no.

Mike is a public figure in his position as acting captain of England (the real captain has been injured for some time but is returning this weekend against Georgia and Mike isn't playing).

Having seen the video I don't think there is much wrong at all. Having been to many rugby do's over the years it is the sort of thing that happens every night after a game (and often the wives of the other players play up to their non-husbands as well). A bit of fun, a bit of a laugh and if the reports are true that she is an old friend then no harm at all.

So long as they didn't go further than what is seen I see no problem.

Disappointing rather than ruinous is how I see it. Typical night after a game/old friends aside, he is recently married to the grandaughter of the Queen & an England Rugby player, & this means he is in the public eye even in relatively private situations. Incidentally a true old friend wouldn't behave in this way either.

I didnt say that. What I said is basically that you better make your bed because you will have to lay in it when getting married to somebody with the background of Mike Tindall. And Zara will have done it.
The only annoyance is when these things get public, as in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom