Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six Nations is an annual competition played between the six major Rugby playing nations in the Northern Hemisphere - England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy.

Mike not making this team, at this time, isn't a surprise. Like many of the world's leading rugby nations 33 is getting old and there is four years to the next World Cup so many players of around his age are being passed over now for younger players so they have the experience of big games in readiness for 2015.

Thank you Iluvbertie. It does make sense to start giving younger players some experience. He plays for a club team (I'm not sure what you call them!) right? At what age do players generally stop playing all together?

What I'm wondering is, how much longer can he realistically play rugby, and does anyone have any ideas for what he could do in the future?

Thank you Iluvbertie. It does make sense to start giving younger players some experience. He plays for a club team (I'm not sure what you call them!) right? At what age do players generally stop playing all together?

What I'm wondering is, how much longer can he realistically play rugby, and does anyone have any ideas for what he could do in the future?

He still plays for Gloucester. His contract with that club expires at the end of this season so it could be that he is in his last season of Rugby anyway.

Age usually about 35 would see out most players even at club level. It is a very physical game. 80 minutes of almost constant running and tackling with maybe a short breather of a minute or two after a score. It isn't like American football where there are in effect two different teams - one offense and one defence (not to mention the special teams) but everyone plays offence and defence and they can go from one to the other and back again within the space of 30 seconds.

Like all sportsmen the major avenues open to him within his sport are coaching and commentating.

Last edited:
He still plays for Gloucester. His contract with that club expires at the end of this season so it could be that he is in his last season of Rugby anyway.

Age usually about 35 would see out most players even at club level. It is a very physical game. 80 minutes of almost constant running and tackling with maybe a short breather of a minute or two after a score. It isn't like American football where there are in effect two different teams - one offense and one defence (not to mention the special teams) but everyone plays offence and defence and they can go from one to the other and back again within the space of 30 seconds.

Like all sportsmen the major avenues open to him within his sport are coaching and commentating.

And they don't wear any protective equipment like American football! That has to put even more stress on their bodies!

Well whatever is in store for Mr. Tindall, I wish him well.

I love their t-shirts!

Well, don't they just look dressed to the nines! Very nice. Thank you, Iceflower.

Zara looks simply stunning; Mike is not too shabby. I'm trying to figure out what is on Mike's tie - dogs? I was hoping horses - can anyone see better to confirm.

Zara's horror as jockey ex-boyfriend is left seriously injured in fall at Cheltenham Festival
The look of concern on the face of the two Royals is clear for all to see.The Duchess of Cornwall and Zara Phillips were enjoying the second day's racing at the Cheltenham Festival when they witnessed a horrific fall.
Any nasty fall involving a jockey and horse is bad enough, but for Zara it was that little bit more painful. That's because the jockey who fell during the Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase this afternoon was Richard Johnson - her former boyfriend of four years.
Zara and Camilla do look very concerned.

Well the horse is OK and the jockey apparently expects to be back in the saddle tomorrow so it seems things looked worse than the actually were.

I actually like the hat, though the feathers are really tall! And that's good news about the jockey and horse; I'm glad they're both alright.

Last edited:
Zara Looks Nice , GOD But indeed horrific fall , Oh I Hope The jockey and horse are Good , Ohhh The Horse Seems in Bad situation , Thank you For Posting

A royal hat trick! Zara wears third splendid headpiece of the week as she glams up for Cheltenham in hot pink pillbox

Zara performed a headgear hat trick this afternoon as she attended her third consecutive day of the Cheltenham Festival wearing a vibrant pink pillbox. Looking cheerful as she arrived at the Gloucestershire race course to join in the annual St Patrick's Day Thursday, Zara matched the retro felt hat with a crushed velvet clutch in a complementary shade. The bright pink accessories added a splash of colour to her otherwise all-black outfit of trench coat, knee-length boots and opaque tights.

I really do like her look, hat included: it's not something I would usually consider wearing myself, but it's really very Zara.

Typical race-day outfit - stupid and over the top. I never understand why women see the need to make fools of themselves when they go to the races or to church but they do and royal women most of all.

Artemisia said:
[

I really do like her look, hat included: it's not something I would usually consider wearing myself, but it's really very Zara.

Totally agree, these fascinators just suit Zara so well!

I'm not fascinated by fascinators, but several of the ones I've seen on the threads have a particular appeal and you have to have a certain attitude/bearing to wear some of the wackier styles!

A worthy cause and interesting new role for Michael.
Thanks for the update, marine2109!

I do have to agree, sadly, that Zara married down, even though they do appear happy (when he is sober).

Last edited:
Why all the focus on Zara? In fact, it was Princess Anne, Zara's mother, who very notably 'married down' when she married Mark Phillips back in the early 1970's. Then again with her second marriage, Anne has led the way.

Or maybe something else is meant by 'marrying down'?

To my mind, someone like Crown Princess Victoria married well, as did her father when he married Silvia. A good man (or woman) is worth everything no matter beginnings.

The article focused on research of women born from 1976 to 1981, I believe. Anne is, of course, no longer considered contemporary.

And, I do agree with you. However, I have to admit that I was extremely cautious when I was choosing a mate. I don't know how it would have worked out, long-term, as I was widowed after 6 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom