Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, it actually clears it up for me.

Since the scene is so grainy (and if I have missed a clearer copy please let me know), Mike is greeting an old friend. I have been known to hug old boyfriends, with a kiss on the cheek. Or am I missing something from the video?

Now if he didn't tell Zara that this girl was someone he had dated in the past...that might be an issue. More of...why didn't you tell who it was and what she meant to you. But I reckon that Zara doesn't care at all.

To me, it depends on the eye-witness accounts of those who claim to have seen things that weren't caught on camera. If they're telling the truth, there was more happened than what was caught on camera.

Really, it actually clears it up for me.

IMO the main issue is not the actual crime (its not an actual crime) its the coverup.

First of all it goes without saying that Mike should have not allowed himself to be caught in a potentially embarrassing situation. As I said before, he needs to understand that he is now a public figure. He was a public figure before --- but married to the Queen's granddaughter. Don't put yourself in situations that can be misconstrued.

Instead of coming up with half a story -- probably because he thought it was no one's business and it would die down. Just come out and say, Mike was greeting an old friend. He kissed her on her cheek. Nothing more nothing less. By appearing to come out with information piece by piece (or having the information dragged out from them) they actually kept the story alive (although to be honest the Daily Mail isn't letting this one go although most of their readership is like MOVE ON).

As for allegations that more was going on --- well I have to see that to believe it. Especially if the source is the DM or any other British tabloid.

That's the thing. By letting the info come out in drops, they've lost control of the story to the DM. Mike should have "owned" the story when it first came out rather than explaining it away as further details. I've got a very bad feeling about this.

Instead of coming up with half a story -- probably because he thought it was no one's business and it would die down. Just come out and say, Mike was greeting an old friend. He kissed her on her cheek. Nothing more nothing less.

You don't have to live somewhere to know the country or what the people are like.
Actually, I think you do. Otherwise all you know is what you see on TV as "news" or read the really good tourist stuff or really bad tabloid stuff.

Either way you do not know the country or what the people are like. How could you? You've never been there and met them!

Actually, I think you do. Otherwise all you know is what you see on TV as "news" or read the really good tourist stuff or really bad tabloid stuff.

Either way you do not know the country or what the people are like. How could you? You've never been there and met them!

All matter of opinion, I said you didn't have to live somewhere to know the country or the people. A person can visit the same country numerous times perhaps on an annual summer holiday thereby getting to know the country and what the people are like. They're not living there though.

This whole situation--true or not--is just super humiliating for Zara. :(

I think she would have known he was a party boy but to have it in the media must be hard for her. I can see her mum giving him a stern talking to and one of those looks she does so well

At least this is for a good cause namely, "Rugby For Heroes" which is a new charity run by rugby players to raise money for ex-servicemen. Although questionable, I am certain the calendar they are producing will be very popular.

Last edited:
He could have raised money without stripping almost naked and showing himself off like that, IMO.

I guess you are right Lumutqueen. However, it was not just him, there were other rugby players involved in the project as well. It probably is a questionable way of raising funds but I do know that the French rugby team did this a few years back and New Zealand also had a calendar with their top male sportsmen. The fact that Mike is married now does make the whole thing a bit awkward though.

Last edited:
Yes there are other rugby players, however they aren't married to a relative of the royal family. I know Zara doesn't have an HRH an all but she does have elegance and decorum, something Mike is lacking.

I must agree with you here. Possibly this type of exposure is not for married men, more especially Mike. However the calendar is still for a good cause.

Last edited:
I'm getting to like Mr. Tindall less and less.:ermm:

Yes there are other rugby players, however they aren't married to a relative of the royal family. I know Zara doesn't have an HRH an all but she does have elegance and decorum, something Mike is lacking.

He is not a Prince and he is not married to a Princess. He is a professional rugby player married to a professional equestrian. I think people get worked up about some pretty minor stuff. Its not like he was in a Dieux de Stade calendar.

True. However, he's also married to the Queen's grand-daughter and has the Princess Royal for a mother-in-law. Would people think it was okay if Autumn Phillips posed all oiled up in her underwear? I don't think so.

First, I think he likes to show off himself as the professional sportsperson he is, second, rugby is a team sport and Mike is a only member of this team, thus might not have had any say if the photoshoot was kind of a commitment of the governing sports body.

I dont mind it at all, its for a good cause and Mike is who he is.

The main question does Zara mind? I don't think she does really, I think it is admirable that the rugby players are raising money for charity. He is not royal and I think he has proven he is his own man and will do what he likes with his life and will not walk one pace behind Zara, who has always had the freedom to do what she likes as well.

I suppose we have no way of knowing whether or not it was approved by Mr. Tindall for publishing in the new calendar. I have less of a problem with the picture being used three years ago, when he was Zara's boyfriend.

That picture has been around for quite some time now, perhaps even two years. It wasn't taken very recently. ETA: It's nearly three years old.

Until I saw the photo I always wonder what Zara saw in Mike. A old photo used for a good cause-No big deal. Zara is far down in royal succession,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom