Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zara is a beautiful girl with a lovely smile and features, an athlete and an impeccable way of facing controversy. One grandchild at least has learnt the royal way from her grandmother.

I can't understand the fascination with Mike's nose. It is simply a sign of how successful he has been in his chosen sport. Having broken his nose on numerous occasions and probably will break it again before he retires from the sport. The forwards usually end up with bad ears as well.

I can't understand the fascination with Mike's nose. It is simply a sign of how successful he has been in his chosen sport. Having broken his nose on numerous occasions and probably will break it again before he retires from the sport. The forwards usually end up with bad ears as well.

Well, even among rugby players, this nose is very unique. And I do hope that he doesnt have to have his ears remodelled! Some guys, often the fly-halfs like Jonny Wilkinson, manage to look pretty normal after their career.

:previous:

Mike's nose? Methinks that the Duke of Marmalade is in league with the Princess Royal, as the Duke's comments seem to mirror those of Anne!!:)

^^ Incredible. I've never noticed how beautiful Zara's eyes are .:shock:

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall leaving a restaurant in Dunedin, New Zealand, September 25, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

They are definitely a lovely couple and well suited. I do hope we get to see a bit more of them when Mike arrives back from the World Cup rugby in New Zealand.

Last edited:
:previous:

Mike's nose? Methinks that the Duke of Marmalade is in league with the Princess Royal, as the Duke's comments seem to mirror those of Anne!!:)

I for one, have never put much faith in that concept that the Princess Royal wanted Mike to get his nose fixed prior to the wedding (pics or no pics): 1) Anne is a former top notch athlete who I would imagine appreciates and respects Mike's athletic ability. As patron of the Scotland Rugby Association (I believe that is correct not doing any research but I think I have read that before) she has an idea of what the sport is about and since Mike is in his prime, why have him go thru the hassle of a nose job with the potential that it can be damaged again and 2) and most importantly as far as I am concerned: Anne is not a shallow person. She has never cared what people think about her fashion style so I can't imagine that she is/was worried about the wedding pictures. Most likely, she probably thinks Mike's nose shows character.

At least thats what I think.

Thanks to all for the pictures...is always nice to see them together. Though I do agree with DoM sentiment about Mike being able to breathe...I am sure since his nose has been broken a couple of times....bones, cartilages, etc could have been moved, damaged, etc.

Last edited:
I'm sure the 2nd video will be released, the bar owner is just waiting for someone to meet his price. I mean, why go promoting the fact that you have this tape if you don't want to sell it? Apparently, it's worse than the first one.

I don't see how they will make it if that comes out and it lives up to that promise. It's just sad that he isn't acting like a grown-up who married into an extremely power family that *really* does not need this drama...it's the 90s all over again.

Zara married an English rugby player ...what did she expect???

I'm confused - Are English rugby players known for fooling around with other women whilst married? Last time I checked it was the footballers who were having their cake and eating it too.

The strange thing is that I don't remember much of this activity before he was married, although there was a rather wild stag party.

I don't see how they will make it if that comes out and it lives up to that promise. It's just sad that he isn't acting like a grown-up who married into an extremely power family that *really* does not need this drama...it's the 90s all over again.

I'm confused - Are English rugby players known for fooling around with other women whilst married? Last time I checked it was the footballers who were having their cake and eating it too.

Whilst football players certainly have a reputation for 'having their cake' etc as you so cleverly and delicately put it, Zonk, Rubgy players have a reputation for getting extremely drunk - and I do mean EXTREMELY drunk - and then behaving very badly as a result. Sometimes this is known as 'high spirits' or 'just being one of the lads', but there are often tales of some quite 'beyond acceptable' behaviour at even the top-end rugby clubs.

There have been some horrendous tales of 'initiation ceremonies' over the years - young lads dying of alcoholic poisoning etc when encouraged to try to down whole bottles of spirits etc - obviously that sort of extreme behaviour is the exception rather than the rule - but I know also of some clubs and pubs even going so far as to ban rugby players, apparently on the grounds that they are likely to 'cause' or 'get into trouble'. This ranges from rowdy drunkeness, to fights, to 'women trouble', the latter also usually felt to be inappropriate because it can lead to fights.

Hard to know what is really happening with Mike Tindall. I don't condone his behaviour for one moment, but he won't be the first professional rugby player this year to have done this sort of thing. I repeat, I do not find this acceptable, but it does happen. What I do find a bit hard to stomach is that Mike Tindall must surely realise that being married to the grandaughter of probably the most famous Monarch in the world does mean that you are going to lose a lot of your 'anonymity', and he must surely realise that this means a high profile and the sad fact that people and press will easily spot you if you are 'up to no good'.

Perhaps we have someone here who is familar with the antics of British rugby players generally who can comment on what I have said above?

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:
Whilst football players certainly have a reputation for 'having their cake' etc as you so cleverly and delicately put it, Zonk, Rubgy players have a reputation for getting extremely drunk - and I do mean EXTREMELY drunk - and then behaving very badly as a result. Sometimes this is known as 'high spirits' or 'just being one of the lads', but there are often tales of some quite 'beyond acceptable' behaviour at even the top-end rugby clubs.

There have been some horrendous tales of 'initiation ceremonies' over the years - young lads dying of alcoholic poisoning etc when encouraged to try to down whole bottles of spirits etc - obviously that sort of extreme behaviour is the exception rather than the rule - but I know also of some clubs and pubs even going so far as to ban rugby players, apparently on the grounds that they are likely to 'cause' or 'get into trouble'. This ranges from rowdy drunkeness, to fights, to 'women trouble', the latter also usually felt to be inappropriate because it can lead to fights.

Hard to know what is really happening with Mike Tindall. I don't condone his behaviour for one moment, but he won't be the first professional rugby player this year to have done this sort of thing. I repeat, I do not find this acceptable, but it does happen. What I do find a bit hard to stomach is that Mike Tindall must surely realise that being married to the grandaughter of probably the most famous Monarch in the world does mean that you are going to lose a lot of your 'anonymity', and he must surely realise that this means a high profile and the sad fact that people and press will easily spot you if you are 'up to no good'.

Perhaps we have someone here who is familar with the antics of British rugby players generally who can comment on what I have said above?

Thanks

Alex

A point, i'm Lumutqueen? :flowers: Not Zonk. Although, I would love to have the knowledge.

I know rugby players, I know they drink. A lot. But so far, i've not seen one in the situation Mike is/was currently in. And certainly not the situations the footballers have been in recently. John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole etc, have eaten a lot more cake than they should have.

Rugby Players have a reputation, if you don't deal with them face to face of being thugs and 'rough'uns' so pubs and clubs are wary of them to begin with, but after a few drinks anyone is capable of causing trouble - rugby players just scare more due to their size possibly.

Your comment about not knowing what Mike is doing, this may interest you.

The root of the problem is that modern professional rugby players cannot quite decide how they want to be perceived. Do they want to be showbiz celebrities, living the high life, marrying into the royal family and enjoying all the financial trappings, at a significant cost to their anonymity? Or do they want to carry on in time-honoured fashion: working hard and playing harder, confident in the knowledge that whatever goes on on tour stays on tour and that 90% of the country still think Lawrence Dallaglio is captain of England? Doing both, in this era of smartphones and dim athletes, is increasingly unrealistic. We are not talking here, to be clear, about the odd quiet drink but serious late-night revelry. You do not have to be recently married into royalty to become public property when you are captaining England at a World Cup in New Zealand.

The long and short of it: England rugby and dwarf-throwing do not mix | Robert Kitson | Sport | The Guardian

The strange thing is that I don't remember much of this activity before he was married, although there was a rather wild stag party.

I think the press kept their distance until this relationship was declared "official" by the engagement and wedding. Mike is a minor celeb in his own right, so it was a relationship that was always going to cause some headlines unlike Autumn and Peter. And I'm sure Zara knew about certain transgressions during the boyfriend/girlfriend phase, but not all since the press wasn't keeping an eye.

His last big blowout should've been the stag party. After that, he should've got his act together and realized that all eyes would be on him. That's what makes his behavior so bizarre. There's nothing more the media likes then sex scandals involving the royals.

The question is: can Mike stop drinking when he starts? Or does he feel compelled to keep it up until he's in such a state that he loses control of his behaviour? If there'll be more of this, I'll suspect the latter.

His last big blowout should've been the stag party. After that, he should've got his act together and realized that all eyes would be on him. That's what makes his behavior so bizarre. There's nothing more the media likes then sex scandals involving the royals.

Last edited:

And they also love sex scandals involving sports stars - particularly those holding the position of captain of the national team - now couple the two and Mike had no hope.

I tend to believe this incident was just an innocent flirting caught on camera- due to a combination of too much alcohol and very bad judgment.

Talk about a jolt of reality about the world Mr. Tindell now lives in. He now has to behave as if no matter where he is or what he does- assume cameras are lurking in the background. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

I am disappointed that this kind of press comes out after such a beautiful happy wedding. I hope he has learned his lesson and that he and Zara can get past this and carry on with a very happy marriage.

Men sometimes need a lightning bolt- I guess Mike got one. I think the press will eventually give him a pass on this one- but never again. Consider himself warned.

RoyalWatcher76 said:
I tend to believe this incident was just an innocent flirting caught on camera- due to a combination of too much alcohol and very bad judgment.

Talk about a jolt of reality about the world Mr. Tindell now lives in. He now has to behave as if no matter where he is or what he does- assume cameras are lurking in the background. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

I am disappointed that this kind of press comes out after such a beautiful happy wedding. I hope he has learned his lesson and that he and Zara can get past this and carry on with a very happy marriage.

Men sometimes need a lightning bolt- I guess Mike got one. I think the press will eventually give him a pass on this one- but never again. Consider himself warned.

Very excellent mature post!

I can't believe that he and his team were out drinking when they were in the middle of world cup. I don't follow rugby. I follow Aussie rules ( and my team just won the grandfinal by the way )and there is no way any AFL team would drink during the season. It must be different for rugby and not good for marriages and families

Most tough guy sports teams do it. Cricketers (Sharne Warne does ring a bell?) or Footballers, Aussie footballers are as much into drink and drugs as others, maybe not as a team but as individuals.

Well if drinking and cheating is tough good for you and as you don't live here what do you know and you are very very wrong. Goodness there is so many nasty people on this forum I don't need to waste time with people like you

Very excellent mature post!
The post/poster might be mature, but Mike Tindall's behaviour ressembles someone who is fresh to the public eye. Can he seriously have thought his behaviour, however innocently intentioned would have gone unreported at home , particularly during the World Cup? This latest report (albeit the scandal loving Mail) just shows the way these things will rumble on. As a trained athelete, he knows all about self discipline, but at a time when he needed it most it would appear this deserted him. I actually feel sorry for the couple because the media will scrutinise their behaviour over the next few years remorselessly.

as you don't live here what do you know and you are very very wrong.

You don't have to live somewhere to know the country or what the people are like.

Well if drinking and cheating is tough good for you and as you don't live here what do you know and you are very very wrong. Goodness there is so many nasty people on this forum I don't need to waste time with people like you

Then why do you respond to my post - but thanks for your kind words anyway :flowers: I am sure you have lived in all countries whose royals you have been commenting on so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom