The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mike Tindall is about to take part in the reality TV series The Jump on channel 4. Lady Victoria Hervey is also taking part as well as several members of boy bands, other reality shows and one of Sir Paul McCartney's ex wives.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't get over how much the three Granddaughters of Princess Anne all look alike at this age. Those Windsor genes are strong ones. 😊. Mia certainly looked like she was enjoying herself on her day out w/Mum. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 01-27-2015, 02:50 AM
Royal Highness

Mia looks very lovely and pretty but I do not think she resembles her cousins.

I think Savannah & Isla are a mixture of their mother and father.

Sometimes they look like Autumn and sometimes like Peter.

I think Savannah and Isla have lighter complexions and rosier cheeks and face.

Mia has a darker complexion. Her hair and eyebrows appear darker and thicker.

Pictures 9 & 10 are real cute.

Zara Phillips takes cute daughter Mia Tindall out to equestrian event - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Majesty

Mia is definitely turning into a lovely little girl! I agree with Queen Camilla, can't see any resemblance with her couysins!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Mike Tindall: Zara and I don't care what the royals think about our magazine deals - Telegraph
Quote:
When Zara and Mike Tindall sold the first photographs of their newborn daughter to a glossy magazine for a six-figure sum they invoked significant controversy.

Many questioned whether it was appropriate for a senior member of the Royal Family to be selling such personal information, and the decision certainly risked irritating the Queen.

But Tindall, 36, has revealed that the couple care little about what the Royal Family thinks of their sponsorship deals and television commitments.

Although their opinion is always taken into account when they make business decisions, the former England rugby captain said that essentially, they do what they want, regardless.

“They’re separate from us; we run our own life,” he told Radio Times.

Asked whether they considered how such things might reflect on the royals, he added: “That would always come up, yes, of course, but ultimately it’s what we want to do first.”

Tindall said the Royal Family did not give them any money and that he and his wife, a professional equestrian, “look after themselves”
Old 01-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

I think, generally speaking, people accept Zara and Mike's sponsorship deals and I do not recall much, if any, controversy with any magazine deals since Peter and Autumn's wedding. I'm surprised Mike was so frank and open about it, but he obviously didn't dodge the questions!
Yeas and years ago, Princess Anne did an interview with Hello!, so her family's association with that particular magazine goes back a long way.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

I completely agree with mike's comments, he and Zara are both professional sportspeople and so are sponsored in the same way as their 'colleagues' are. However I'm surprised he's talking so openly about it as it may just raise a media backlash and they might start getting stick for the deals they have. They do seem to have escaped any media criticism of it so far! People in glass houses throwing stones and all that!!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I think what got Peter and Autumn in trouble was pictures that included the other royals especially Harry, Chelsy and Kate without asking beforehand.

The pictures that Mike and Zara did for Hello with baby Mia were fine. However, I could see the royals upset if they sold pictures from Mia's birthday party with the Queen and Prince George there without Royal approval as an example.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-02-2015, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mike Tindall is thrashed by Louie Spence in The Jump | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Majesty

Mike Tindall signs up to Bear Grylls' new celebrity survival show - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think, generally speaking, people accept Zara and Mike's sponsorship deals and I do not recall much, if any, controversy with any magazine deals since Peter and Autumn's wedding. I'm surprised Mike was so frank and open about it, but he obviously didn't dodge the questions!
Yeas and years ago, Princess Anne did an interview with Hello!, so her family's association with that particular magazine goes back a long way.

I do think it's a bit tacky though.
You don't see such deals with other professional sports people in Hello!

It's mostly due to the Royal connection, imo.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting. When Bear brought his show over here, I expected a big fail. I was pleasantly surprised to find more interpersonal content than "Ewwwww, I have to eat bugs" moments. I was also impressed that the show focused on the growth of the guest rather than the outdoor prowess of Bear. The "challenges" in the show were highly engineered, of course, but the show was watchable.

Mike seems the kind of guy who enjoys these challenging endeavours and good for his family that he can get paid for it.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Maybe not in Hello but certainly here in Australia it isn't uncommon for sportspeople to have spreads in the women's magazines, whether the sportsperson is male or female.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall and Family Current Events: January 2011-

Quote:

Don't know what Hello! you're reading but there's usually a sportsperson a week in the magazine and most get there wedding covered.

Rebecca Adlington springs to mind straight away. Jenson Button's wedding in Hawaii was in the magazine weeks ago, Novak Djokovic was featured for his wedding and again for the birth of his child. Victoria Pendleton, footballer Theo Walcott, Mo Farah was in there for the birth of his twins.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Don't know what Hello! you're reading but there's usually a sportsperson a week in the magazine and most get there wedding covered.

You probably know more about it than I do.

(Nevertheless, I don't believe either Zara or Mike would get nearly as much attention if not for the Royal connection. Mike is basically finished in his sport, and Zara's sport doesn't really have the widest appeal...or so it seems to me).
Old 02-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...-joke-The-Jump
Oh dear

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Serene Highness

https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...26388803080194

Looks like Zara and Mike are taking over Aston Farm
Old 02-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...26388803080194

Looks like Zara and Mike are taking over Aston Farm
Does anyone know where her Dad resides these days. I know it was Florida, and he's just lost his post with the Belgian eventing team so where is he these day?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Royal Highness

I've always had the impression Zara would get Aston Farm and Peter would eventually move in to Gatcombe.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You probably know more about it than I do.

(Nevertheless, I don't believe either Zara or Mike would get nearly as much attention if not for the Royal connection. Mike is basically finished in his sport, and Zara's sport doesn't really have the widest appeal...or so it seems to me).
I disagree with you. Tindall may be "finished" in his sport but a retired athlete can make plenty of money by becoming a commentator or a coach and by doing product adverts. Also, re: Zara . . . horse shows are very popular. I'm sitting here in Cincinnati, OH and just over the river in Kentucky there are show jumping, etc. events all the time and, on television, there are horse show events all round the world, leading up to the grand championships in Las Vegas in March. Millions of dollars can be won in these shows. So it's not such a minor sport as you imagine. I would say it's on par with tennis in popularity and money to be won.