Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, generally speaking, people accept Zara and Mike's sponsorship deals and I do not recall much, if any, controversy with any magazine deals since Peter and Autumn's wedding. I'm surprised Mike was so frank and open about it, but he obviously didn't dodge the questions!
Yeas and years ago, Princess Anne did an interview with Hello!, so her family's association with that particular magazine goes back a long way.

I do think it's a bit tacky though.
You don't see such deals with other professional sports people in Hello!

It's mostly due to the Royal connection, imo.

Interesting. When Bear brought his show over here, I expected a big fail. I was pleasantly surprised to find more interpersonal content than "Ewwwww, I have to eat bugs" moments. I was also impressed that the show focused on the growth of the guest rather than the outdoor prowess of Bear. The "challenges" in the show were highly engineered, of course, but the show was watchable.

Mike seems the kind of guy who enjoys these challenging endeavours and good for his family that he can get paid for it.

Maybe not in Hello but certainly here in Australia it isn't uncommon for sportspeople to have spreads in the women's magazines, whether the sportsperson is male or female.

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall and Family Current Events: January 2011-

Don't know what Hello! you're reading but there's usually a sportsperson a week in the magazine and most get there wedding covered.

Rebecca Adlington springs to mind straight away. Jenson Button's wedding in Hawaii was in the magazine weeks ago, Novak Djokovic was featured for his wedding and again for the birth of his child. Victoria Pendleton, footballer Theo Walcott, Mo Farah was in there for the birth of his twins.

Last edited:
Don't know what Hello! you're reading but there's usually a sportsperson a week in the magazine and most get there wedding covered.

You probably know more about it than I do.

(Nevertheless, I don't believe either Zara or Mike would get nearly as much attention if not for the Royal connection. Mike is basically finished in his sport, and Zara's sport doesn't really have the widest appeal...or so it seems to me).

I've always had the impression Zara would get Aston Farm and Peter would eventually move in to Gatcombe.

You probably know more about it than I do.

(Nevertheless, I don't believe either Zara or Mike would get nearly as much attention if not for the Royal connection. Mike is basically finished in his sport, and Zara's sport doesn't really have the widest appeal...or so it seems to me).

I disagree with you. Tindall may be "finished" in his sport but a retired athlete can make plenty of money by becoming a commentator or a coach and by doing product adverts. Also, re: Zara . . . horse shows are very popular. I'm sitting here in Cincinnati, OH and just over the river in Kentucky there are show jumping, etc. events all the time and, on television, there are horse show events all round the world, leading up to the grand championships in Las Vegas in March. Millions of dollars can be won in these shows. So it's not such a minor sport as you imagine. I would say it's on par with tennis in popularity and money to be won.

Tennis players make a lot of money from their tournaments and endorsements. I have seen plenty of commercials with tennis players none with show jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Horse shows popularity are not on par with Tennis. Tennis players can become household name, not the same with the Equine sports unless one is talking about Horse like Seabiscuit in this country.

Mike Tindall drinks pint of urine on Bear Grylls show - Telegraph
Mike Tindall drinks a pint of urine for his latest foray into reality television, a survival show hosted by Bear Grylls.

The former England rugby captain and husband to the Queen’s granddaughter, Zara, was one of eight celebrities taking part in ITV’s Bear Grylls: Mission Survive.

The group were dropped in the Costa Rican rainforest and made to fend for themselves, building their own shelters and foraging for food.

In addition to abseiling down waterfalls, trudging through swamps and eating live scorpions, the celebrities followed Grylls’ example and drank their own urine.

The scenes will be show in the first episode on February 20. As Tindall is shown glugging from his bottle, the voice-over intones: “Her Majesty might want a word with Mike about his lifestyle choices.”

This is Tindall’s second reality show appearance this year – he also competed in Channel 4’s The Jump.

Well, if I were Zara, I certainly wouldnt want to kiss him after that. ICK!

Oh dear what a way to make a living

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Zara Phillips and husband Mike Tindall enjoy kebab after he lost to Joey Essex on The Jump | Daily Mail Online
Zara Phillips and her husband Mike Tindall were spotted enjoying some comfort food after he fell on the finish line on The Jump.

The Queen's granddaughter had joined Mike Tindall in Innsbruck, Austria, for the Channel 4 show, and the couple were seen visiting a kebab shop for a late-night snack after the final.

The former Rugby International came joint second place on the show with athlete Louise Hazel as they lost out to former TOWIE star Joey Essex.

Excited Zara Phillips enjoys first day of Cheltenham Festival | Royal | News | Daily Express
HER love of horses is no secret - and today Zara Phillips appeared to be getting a tad excited as she watched the first day of races at the Cheltenham Festival.

Making the most of the sunshine, the 33-year-old was seen waving her arm in a series of animated poses as she enjoyed the festivities in a private box with a glass of red wine.

The mother-of-one dressed in appropriate glamour for the occasion and arrived wearing a dark navy Rosie Olivia Boldo hat teamed with a Paul Costello navy funnel neck wool coat, a Paul Costelloe snakeskin clutch bag and shell Ray Ban sunglasses.

She was later seen sporting a black and white patterned dress as she laughed and joked with friends from the comfort of her box.

Mia is a seriously beautiful child!

Mia is adorable and she has grown up a lot. It didn't look like she was pleased to be out in the rain, but I can imagine that it's not fun for a toddler (or for anyone, really!)

I also love picture three. I think sometimes Mia looks like the Windsors around the eyes, though in other pictures she doesn't look like them so much.

Has Zara ever competed in the U.S.? I know Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY. has eventing as well as probably other places in the states.

British Royals @britishroyals · 37m 37 minutes ago
Tidbits from Zara Tindall: They have 3 dogs - Storm, Sway & Pepper - all named after adventure characters. She loves X-Men (@thesundaytimes)

British Royals @britishroyals · 34m 34 minutes ago
Mia Tindall goes to nursery school one morning per week. Zara's PA Jane helps look after her (@thesundaytimes, thanks @TheRoyalRecord)

A Life in the Day: Zara Phillips, the Queen’s eldest granddaughter-
A Life in the Day: Zara Phillips, the Queen’s eldest granddaughter | The Sunday Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom