Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart failure happens occasionaly, even in my end of the sport, show jumping, which has a much shorter track to jump. a while ago the reigning olympic champion Hickstead dropped dead in the ring after completing the course. However, far more are killed in crashes in the cross country portion of eventing.

High Kingdom - the horse she is currently riding wasn't breed by the Philip's though. She bought him from those who did breed him.
ISH / Bay / 2001 / G / by MASTER IMP and HIGH DOLLY by CHAIRLIFT - GLEADHILL STUD LTD TREVOR HEMMINGS

High Kingdom - the horse she is currently riding wasn't breed by the Philip's though. She bought him from those who did breed him.

She had to then train him and that takes a lot of time and effort.

Money isn't enough in this sport - you have to have dedication and talent and Zara has both - not surprising when it is remembered that her father is an Olympic Gold and Bronze medallist in the sport while her mother also competed at the Olympics.

She doesn't own High Kingdom. From The Telegraph

"She has ridden the 11 year-old, provided by Grand National-winning owner Trevor Hemmings, throughout his career.”

World Equistrian Games 2014:
Silver medal in the Eventing team competition for team GB with Zara Phillips!

Zara finished 11th individually, with particurly great rides in cross-country and jumping.

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 49m
Zara Phillips qualified Great Britain for the 2016 Olympics in Rio at the World Equestrian Games in Normandy today.

The way that reads it is as if Zara did it on her own which isn't the case at all. The team qualified, and Zara was simply one of the four members of that team.

Reading the articles about the British eventing team, Zara had a clean run today with High Kingdom while all the other British riders knocked down rails during their show jumping. So without the great run by Zara, they maybe don't get a silver.

Plus it's twitter, where the character limits is a factor and the twitter user that Dman quoted is from royal central whose followers are more interested in how Zara did than GB eventing itself.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

World Equistrian Games 2014:
Silver medal in the Eventing team competition for team GB with Zara Phillips!

Zara finished 11th individually, with particurly great rides in cross-country and jumping.

Re: the snark out there about her not yet being back at pre-baby form, I want to say WELL DONE ZARA. Imagine what shape she and Royal Kingdom will (EDIT: I mean can/might) be for the Olympics (fingers crossed). :britflag::notworthy:

Last edited:
It is still wrong - Zara didn't ensure that they qualified. It was a team effort and to suggest otherwise is to downgrade the other team members. So far they don't seem to have an issue with Zara getting all the credit but that may not last in which case there could become an issue in the team itself.

As she was the fourth ranked Brit prior to the showjumping it could also be argued that her earlier performances pulled down the British team from a closer finish behind Germany (who had all four ranked higher than the second best Brit anyway before the show jumping).

Zara ended up second best of the Brits in case anyone gets confused about me earlier comment about her ranking 4th. She was 4th BEFORE the showjumping and ended up 2nd.

Re: the snark out there about her not yet being back at pre-baby form, I want to say WELL DONE ZARA. Imagine what shape she and Royal Kingdom will be for the Olympics (fingers crossed). :britflag::notworthy:

Assuming that she personally gets selected and that is a long way off with a number of things possible in the meantime.

I remember in 2012 when Funnell was ranked ahead of Zara with at least two horses but both of them went lame before the final selection opening up a spot on the team that Zara ended up taking.

Assuming that she personally gets selected and that is a long way off with a number of things possible in the meantime.

I remember in 2012 when Funnell was ranked ahead of Zara with at least two horses but both of them went lame before the final selection opening up a spot on the team that Zara ended up taking.

I agree and I made an Edit. I wanted my point to be that 11th is HUGE for her at this point and going forward.

And while you are right that it is not the Zara show, the fact that she brings attention (and sponsorships) to the team is not lost on all of them, I would think. With an attention getter royal, you draw more focus and $ for the team. It means they can help fund more team riders, have better care for the horses, access to training for all, etc. etc.

Re: the snark out there about her not yet being back at pre-baby form, I want to say WELL DONE ZARA. Imagine what shape she and Royal Kingdom will (EDIT: I am can/might) be for the Olympics (fingers crossed). :britflag::notworthy:

The best revenge is performing brilliantly and boy did she do that by the sound of things!! Congratulations Zara and Team GB!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

If you read the BBC online or a sensible paper online then the team event is there for all to see.

Why are som of you persisting in reading rags like the DM? It is cr** and we know that. This is general or royal reporters not written by sports reporters.

Dont stress yourselves out.

ISH / Bay / 2001 / G / by MASTER IMP and HIGH DOLLY by CHAIRLIFT - GLEADHILL STUD LTD TREVOR HEMMINGS

Fairly indifferently bred. As we say jumps better than his bloodline lets him, not to take anything away from the accomplishment. If he were by Numero Uno or Quidam de Revel or the afor mentioned Hickstead out of a thoroughbred mare, I would be less surprised by the level of achievement.

Last edited:
Five minutes ago I saw how Zara and her team had received the medal on Eurosport channel.

I know absolutely nothing about this sport, the only thing I really care about is that *is this painful for the horses?* I love horses, used to ride when a child, and wish I had a horse now, they are 2nd on my list of favorite animals dogs being 1st. I just hope that all these horses are very well cared for and when I read one died, well, it made me wonder who takes care of these beautiful animals. My aunt used to ride and show her horses, she had over a dozen show horses, they are truly one of the most beautiful creatures made. Zara is to be respected for what she does, as she works, hard and trains hard, her dedication is amazing.

These animals are very well cared for and at least three times during this competition the horses would have been checked by a vet - once before the competition, again before the Cross Country and again before the Show Jumping.

Unfortunately even the fittest of athletes, and that includes horses, can die from a heart attack during in, or shortly after, strenuous exercise.

BBC News - Mike Tindall agrees settlement with Sunday Express
The former England rugby player Mike Tindall has agreed a settlement with Express Newspapers over a story about his marriage to Zara Phillips.

Tindall sued after the Sunday Express falsely reported rumours last February about his marriage to the Queen's granddaughter, his spokesman said.

Hearings were to begin next month but the newspaper group has "apologised unreservedly" and will make a payment.

The spokesman for Tindall said he would donate the money to charity.

:previous:
Glad to see that someone stood up to the media for their slander of a person regardless of whom that person might be, the media has no boundaries when they want a story or headlines, it's all about the money to them anymore. MT seems like a nice guy and very much his own person, not some who follows the crowd and he has mind of his own..........good for him.

Mike Tindall: An Apology | Royal | News | Daily Express
IN an article published on 10 February 2013 entitled “Zara and Mike in marriage blip” we reported rumours that Mike Tindall’s marriage was in trouble and that his wife had left the marital home

We accept that this was untrue and recognise that this reporting was intrusive.

We apologise to Mike Tindall for any distress the article may have caused him.

:clap::clap:Now that is one for the good guys, glad they had to eat their words so t6o speak.........good going Mr. T, you stood up to the media and won.

These sorts of cases are won regularly by celebrities.

Baby Mia has gotten so big already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom