The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

What a great good-mood-, sunshine-look

Here are some more pics:

** hellomagazine: Zara Phillips shows off her first maternity outfit **

** pp gallery: Zara Phillips, enceinte : Son style et ses formes attirent déjà l'attention ! **

Old 08-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Pregnant Zara Phillips carries on riding:
Pregnant Zara Phillips carries on riding - Telegraph

Pictures:
Zara Phillips in The Dressage Guinea Pig Test at Gatcombe Horse Trials, Gatcombe Park, Gloucestershire, Britain - 03 Aug 2013-
zara-phillips-in-the-dressage-guinea-pig-test-at-gatcombe-horse-trials-gatcombe-1069170 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Umm, I really dont think riding horeses whilst pregnant is a very smart idea. Am I wrong here? I know she is athletic and loves riding but she should wait until after the baby. Just my opinion of course.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I know if it were me, I'd certainly stop at a certain point even if I were an experienced rider. But Zara naturally has to make that judgment call for herself and has quit competitive riding because of the pregnancy.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I know if it were me, I'd certainly stop at a certain point even if I were an experienced rider. But Zara naturally has to make that judgment call for herself and has quit competitive riding because of the pregnancy.
She didn't quit because she was pregnant. Quote from her spokesman

The 32-year-old equestrian has made no secret of her plans to keep riding, both during and after the pregnancy. Last month, she cancelled her competitive riding commitments for the rest of the year, after qualifying for events next year. “All of Zara’s horses have qualified for the events she wishes to enter them for next year,” a spokesman says. “She does not actually need to compete any more.”

Riding is her profession.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I know riding is her profession. So if not for the pregnancy, why did she cancel the rest of her competitive engagements for the remainder of the year? It seems to me that's what the statement is implying.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Umm, I really dont think riding horeses whilst pregnant is a very smart idea. Am I wrong here? I know she is athletic and loves riding but she should wait until after the baby. Just my opinion of course.
Why? She would be following medical advice that would be tailored to her and her level of horsemanship and not a blanket statement put out by a medical association (or the Daily Mail) to cover all possible levels of rider.

She is not riding competitively just exercising and schooling her horses. There is probably as much risk of someone of her standard falling down stairs as falling off a horse. Good on her for treating the pregnancy as a normal life event and not a sickness.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The statement makes it perfectly clear that she cancelled her competetive events because all of her horses have already been qualified for next years events. Hence she has no need to continue to compete ( again having already quaified all her horses), but will continue to ride if she wants to.
Her mother continued to ride until 6 weeks before Zara was born.
Mary Fox Pitt continued to compete in 3 day events until nearly the 6 month mark of her pregnancy.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I certainly understand what the statement says and the circumstances could very well have coincided with her decision to discontinue competitive riding for the rest of the year and qualifying for next due to her condition. Perhaps it was actually planned for that. That's how I read it. Citing examples of other riders' decisions to continue competing while pregnant just illustrates that these are judgment calls for their individual situations. Everyone is different.

Galloping off to other topics now.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I certainly understand what the statement says and the circumstances could very well have coincided with her decision to discontinue competitive riding for the rest of the year and qualifying for next due to her condition. Perhaps it was actually planned for that. That's how I read it. Citing examples of other riders' decisions to continue competing while pregnant just illustrates that these are judgment calls for their individual situations. Everyone is different.

Those Windsor gals sure do love their horsies and Zara is no exception. I wouldn't be surprised if she makes her horse a godparent.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Zara at the Smiths Lawn Horse Trials in Windsor on August 5 and 6, 2013

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Sure you should be lifting that when you're expecting, Zara? Queen's granddaughter gives a helping hand at horse trials **
Old 08-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:

What we don't know, of course, is whether she would have continued to ride competitively if she had a horse not qualified for next year.

We have her statement that she intended on continuing to compete - at a time when she still had one or two horses not qualified.

A couple of weeks later, with all horses qualified for next year, she announced that she would stop riding competitively.

Some people seem to assume that she stopped because of her pregnancy.

I prefer to believe her statements - she intended on competing but when all her horses were qualified she quit for the rest of this season. That her quitting happened shortly after the press run stories saying she should do so was pure coincidence.

She is still riding and training her horses - just not riding competitively, even riding at the competitions in dressage for the 'guinea pig' event for the judges before the competition proper begins.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Majesty

It's your turn soon! Pregnant Zara Phillips glows with happiness wearing draped white T-shirt to visit refurbished maternity ward-
Pregnant Zara Phillips visits maternity ward in Stroud, Gloucestershire | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

The idea of her as mother-to-be attending the event is really great!

Here are some more pics:

** gettyimages gallery **

** stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk: Zara Phillips visits Stroud Maternity Unit to mark 60th anniversary **

** thisisgloucestershire.co.uk: Zara Phillips helps celebrate 60th birthday of Stroud Maternity Unit **

** express.co.uk: Blossoming in white: Zara Phillips shows off her growing baby bump **

Today, September 28, Zara attended the Moreton Morell Horse Trials in Warwick:

** gettyimages: GBR: Zara Phillips Supports Her Protege Aimee Aspinall At The Moreton Morell Horse Trials **
Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Zara attended the Dauntsey Horse Trials, Great Somerford, Wiltshire, on Saturday, October 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 10-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Courtier

Zara looking great in navy for Prince George's christening.

Prince George's day, Royal family at St James' Palace for christening of Kate and William's baby | Mail Online
Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 35m
Pregnant Zara Phillips looked radiant in a black long dress as she signed autographs for fans at the Olympic Ball in London tonight
Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

^^photos from that event
British Olympic Ball 30.10 - A realeza
Old 10-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Here are some more pics of Zara at the Olympic Ball:

** hellomagazine: Pregnant Zara Phillips supports her sport on glam night out **

** pp: Zara Phillips, enceinte : De plus en plus plantureuse, son style s'adapte bien **

** express.co.uk: Zara Phillips covers up her baby bump in black as she attends the British Olympic Ball **
Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

She looks like she borrowed one of her mother's old maternity gowns from 1977 or 1981.

Tags
zara phillips