The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Part of the reason she stopped competing was that she wasn't as good as a lot of the rest of the British competitors at the time - she was very good but there were others that were better at the time. There are people who strongly believe that had Mark been in the team in 1976 instead of Anne (he was the reserve and in those days only four were able to compete at all) the British team would have won a medal - that Anne was the weak link in the team and really should have been the reserve.

What factored into her decision to deny her children titles was the fact that her mother would have had to actually do something, unlike for her brothers whose children were automatically titled from birth as they are boys and Anne is only a girl. She knew, from the example of Margaret's children, that they would move further and further from the throne so give them a chance to be untitled and been normal commoners rather than commoners with titles, such as Princess, Lord, Lady etc. Mark was also happy being a commoner and didn't want to be a peer and thus have a seat in the House of Lords and a potential role in politics.
I think Anne and her husbands (and no doubt with counsel from Mum) did an excellent job navigating the murky waters surrounding those in line, But not closely in line to the throne. Freedom is a gift when the rest of the family does not have it. Despite teenage acting out, Zara has grown up to be a wonderful person. She is on my list of the 4 royals I'd most like over to to share a meal. Oh, we would laugh!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Zara Phillips: I
Quote:
THE QUEEN’s eldest granddaughter Zara Phillips insists she is in no rush to join the Duchess of Cambridge in having a baby.
The 31-year-old said she and her husband, England rugby union player Mike Tindall, had no immediate plans for a family and were focused on their sports.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Zara has posed for some lovely portraits at the Magic Millions Sales Complex on January 9, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

RICHARD KAY: Zara Phillips moves back in with her mother | Mail Online

Quote:
She and her rugby star husband Mike Tindall have sold their white stucco marital home in Cheltenham and are planning to live at Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park estate near Minchinhampton, about 20 miles away.
The couple's £1.2 million house has been quietly on the market for some time and has now been purchased, I learn, by Shaun Wills, finance director of clothing company Superdry.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

My, my, Zara looks stunning in these snaps down under.
Not everyone's facing the big chill then, Zara! Queen's eldest granddaughter suns herself at Australian race track | Mail Online
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She looks happy but that outfit is god awful, especially that fascinator. She has a stunning figure and she just put a sack on it.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more pics of the Magic Millions at Gold Coast Racecourse on January 12, 2013 (click to enlarge):

** gettyimages/zimbio: Magic Millions Raceday **

** gettyimages/zimbio: Celebrities Attend Magic Millions Raceday **
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal equestrian Zara Phillips talks racing and family:
Royal equestrian Zara Phillips talks racing and family

I really like how open Zara is in her interviews and that she tries to explain that her family is just like all other families. I think the media and others don't fully understand that.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Today, January 22, Zara attended a reception for the British Equestrian Teams from the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics at Clarence House hosted by the Duchess of Cornwall:

** Pic ** More pics can be found here!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal in repose! Dressed down Zara Phillips steps out in Oz wearing a pair of very unregal ripped jeans:
Dressed down Zara Phillips steps out in Oz wearing a pair of very unregal ripped jeans | Mail Online

Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

THE CHANGE in the domestic arrangements of Zara Phillips, who is moving back to live with her mother Princess Anne after selling her house in Cheltenham, has given rise, perhaps inevitably, to speculation about the state of her marriage to Mike Tindall.
Zara and Mike in marriage 'blip' | Adam Helliker | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Courtier

I am not familiar with this show - Can someone in the UK chime in ... if it is as the story is written this does not look good for their marriage

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9868566/Zara-Phillipss-husband-Mike-Tindall-to-star-in-Take-Me-Out.html
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Majesty

This is a charity fundraiser and not anything else. I don't think this indicates trouble in the marriage necessarily. It could in fact show the opposite - that Zara and Mike are very comfortable in their marriage so much so that she is ok with him having one meal with another woman to raise money for a charity close to his, and his team's heart.

The TV show is one that partners singles but the event that Mike is undertaking is simply based on the show and allows fans and the team to have a fun night to raise money for an orphanage that the team supports.

If it was the show proper I would see this as a sign.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royal in repose! Dressed down Zara Phillips steps out in Oz wearing a pair of very unregal ripped jeans:
Dressed down Zara Phillips steps out in Oz wearing a pair of very unregal ripped jeans | Mail Online

The Video is really great !!! ,, I really enjoyed watching it ,, Zara is very simple lady ,, Thank you for posting !!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This is a charity fundraiser and not anything else. I don't think this indicates trouble in the marriage necessarily. It could in fact show the opposite - that Zara and Mike are very comfortable in their marriage so much so that she is ok with him having one meal with another woman to raise money for a charity close to his, and his team's heart.

The TV show is one that partners singles but the event that Mike is undertaking is simply based on the show and allows fans and the team to have a fun night to raise money for an orphanage that the team supports.

If it was the show proper I would see this as a sign.
I've now read thatMike Tindell is not taking part in this. I think the charity organisers jumped the gun.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Very Nice Video ,, you always post wonderful videos ,, I am a Fan of Rolex Watches !! ,, Thank you for posting :-)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Commoner

Any reason why she is still using the name Phillips instead of Tindall ?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzwxec View Post
She announced when she married that she'd continue using her own name for professional purposes, while using Tindall socially.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzwxec View Post
Why shouldn't she? It's her name.

Tags
zara phillips