The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Aristocracy

Zara has recently given back a horse that had been assigned to her.

Zara Phillips gives up ride on four-star eventer Poilu - Equestrian news, equine news, horse news - Horse & Hound

Finding that special horse to replace Toytown is still proving to be elusive.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

It's difficult to replace the relationship that one has with one's horse for competition.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

I know it is poor form to be jealous of a visitor to one's town but, missus?

Mike Tindall tells England: '2003 was great but it's time we deliver again'. - mirror.co.uk

The local press reported yesterday that Zara is in Sydney with Mr Tindall for tonight's England vs Australia rugby match.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^^^^
What is your comment about "jealous of a visitor"?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
I'm surprised (and disappointed) that Zara didn't go to Ascot. She always wears something interesting. I was kind of hoping Peter's wife Autumn might go too since we don't get to see her very often.

I think I saw something last week that Zara was in Australia to watch Mike play in the Rugby tests for England but I can't find any reference to it now.

I do have some friends who were at the rugby last Saturday night who say they thought that they saw her but won't swear it of course.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mike Tindall tells England: '2003 was great but it's time we deliver again'. - mirror.co.uk

Heres the article that says Mike was in Australia. But it says nothing about Zara being there.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Majesty

Yes I knew that Mike was here but I am sure that I have heard somewhere that she was here as well, and as I said some friends of mine were at the game in Sydney on Saturday and thought that they saw here there. Mike played in the game on Saturday night, which England won by the way at the same venue that they won the World Cup and where Mike and Zara meet (that World Cup not just at the final - they might have meet there but I don't remember.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh I wasn't questioning what you were saying.
I have also read that the local news in Australia said that Zara was there.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Her Royal Thighness Zara Phillips flashes her toned and tanned legs in a very short tassled dress | Mail Online

Back in the UK.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Zara Phillips poses for photographs during the launch of her ZP
'176' equine clothing range in central London, on July 28, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** IBL gallery 1 ** IBL gallery 2 **

Daily Mail article:

** Fashion that's hot-to-trot: Zara Phillips launches her own equestrian clothing line **
Old 08-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hurricane Higgins' secret daughter Christel is best friend of Zara Phillips | Mail Online
Old 08-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Zara Phillips competing on Lord Lauries Smith's Lawn Horse Trials,
Windsor, Berkshire, Britain - 02 Aug 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Like last year Zara has taken part in the annual Artemis Challenge again
- the race around the Isle of Wight that has been invented to raise money
for good causes. With all these sports events during the last days I wonder
if she had the time and chance to be with the family on their cruise for at
least a short time. Here are some pics from today, August 3rd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio/gettyimages **
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Gentry

Zara Phillips and Musto launch the zp176 equestrian clothing range:
Zara Phillips and Musto launch the zp176 equestrian clothing range | Musto Clothing News

Zara Phillips, Amy Williams takes to the sea in the Isle of Wight Artemis challenge:
Zara Phillips, Amy Williams takes to the sea in the Isle of Wight Artemis challenge
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Autumn Phillips, Peter Phillips, Princess Anne and Mike Tindall watch Zara Phillips
compete in the dressage phase of the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe
Park on August 6, 2010 in Stroud, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** belga gallery **
Old 08-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Commoner

Zara Denies Engagement, Focuses on London 2012

Zara Phillips is often known as the “real” royal. Without a title and with a life that is carried on mostly out of the spotlight, she gave a rare interview to the Telegraph this week. Her life has been pulled in some new directions as of late. In addition to the equestrian carrier which has brought her to the forefront of British athletics (she was Sports Personality of the Year in 2006), she has recently added model and designer to her resume. She has designed a line for Musto, an outdoor clothing brand, and is the spokesperson and model for the line. But her true career remains the sport that she loves, equestrian. When asked how she feels about being called an athlete/model/princess? “Athlete’s good, the others can get dropped. I’m not a princess anyway so I find that quite weird to be labeled as one.” And as for all the gossip that she is already engaged and is racing Prince William to the alter? When asked who would get married first she says: “I don’t know. I’m not engaged. I don’t know why people say that I am. If I were I’d wear my ring with pride.” Her focus remains on the next Olympics. She qualified for both the Athens (2004) and Bejing (2008) games but had to withdraw from both due to injuries to her horse. Since those injuries her horse, Toytown, has rarely been fit enough to compete. Without him, her performances have suffered. But she’s determined be among the top of her sport again, “Taking part in an Olympics on home ground is something you dream about,” she said. There is no reason to doubt she will get back there again. The notoriously strong willed daughter of Princess Anne is through her rebellious stage (“I think I’ve done quite enough on that front”) and is focused on her goal of London, 2012.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Nobility

Nicely and appropriately focused young Lady, Zara Phillips there. I wish her every bit of good fortune as she follows in the footsteps of her mother The Princess Royal and joins that exclusive group of individuals who are second generation Olympians.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Nicely and appropriately focused young Lady, Zara Phillips there. I wish her every bit of good fortune as she follows in the footsteps of her mother The Princess Royal and joins that exclusive group of individuals who are second generation Olympians.

It's always lovely to also acknowledge that both of Zara's parents are Olympians with Mark Philips also having not only represented the UK at the 1972 Munich Olympics but he was part of the team that won the gold medal at those Olympics.

Yes Princess Anne is also an Olympian having represented the UK in 1976 but it is Mark who won the Olympic Gold Medal.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Nobility

Sorry for my oversight. That makes her attempt to emulate all the more urgent as it is truly rare for two generations to medal at such an event, let alone compete. In due course if she should choose to, she would also make for an excellent IOC member having had the experience[s] of 2012 behind her.

Tags
zara phillips