Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the reason she stopped competing was that she wasn't as good as a lot of the rest of the British competitors at the time - she was very good but there were others that were better at the time. There are people who strongly believe that had Mark been in the team in 1976 instead of Anne (he was the reserve and in those days only four were able to compete at all) the British team would have won a medal - that Anne was the weak link in the team and really should have been the reserve.

What factored into her decision to deny her children titles was the fact that her mother would have had to actually do something, unlike for her brothers whose children were automatically titled from birth as they are boys and Anne is only a girl. She knew, from the example of Margaret's children, that they would move further and further from the throne so give them a chance to be untitled and been normal commoners rather than commoners with titles, such as Princess, Lord, Lady etc. Mark was also happy being a commoner and didn't want to be a peer and thus have a seat in the House of Lords and a potential role in politics.

I think Anne and her husbands (and no doubt with counsel from Mum) did an excellent job navigating the murky waters surrounding those in line, But not closely in line to the throne. Freedom is a gift when the rest of the family does not have it. Despite teenage acting out, Zara has grown up to be a wonderful person. She is on my list of the 4 royals I'd most like over to to share a meal. Oh, we would laugh!

Zara Phillips: I
THE QUEEN’s eldest granddaughter Zara Phillips insists she is in no rush to join the Duchess of Cambridge in having a baby.
The 31-year-old said she and her husband, England rugby union player Mike Tindall, had no immediate plans for a family and were focused on their sports.

RICHARD KAY: Zara Phillips moves back in with her mother | Mail Online

She and her rugby star husband Mike Tindall have sold their white stucco marital home in Cheltenham and are planning to live at Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park estate near Minchinhampton, about 20 miles away.
The couple's £1.2 million house has been quietly on the market for some time and has now been purchased, I learn, by Shaun Wills, finance director of clothing company Superdry.

She looks happy but that outfit is god awful, especially that fascinator. She has a stunning figure and she just put a sack on it.

Royal equestrian Zara Phillips talks racing and family:
Royal equestrian Zara Phillips talks racing and family

I really like how open Zara is in her interviews and that she tries to explain that her family is just like all other families. I think the media and others don't fully understand that.

Today, January 22, Zara attended a reception for the British Equestrian Teams from the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics at Clarence House hosted by the Duchess of Cornwall:

** Pic ** More pics can be found here!

This is a charity fundraiser and not anything else. I don't think this indicates trouble in the marriage necessarily. It could in fact show the opposite - that Zara and Mike are very comfortable in their marriage so much so that she is ok with him having one meal with another woman to raise money for a charity close to his, and his team's heart.

The TV show is one that partners singles but the event that Mike is undertaking is simply based on the show and allows fans and the team to have a fun night to raise money for an orphanage that the team supports.

If it was the show proper I would see this as a sign.

This is a charity fundraiser and not anything else. I don't think this indicates trouble in the marriage necessarily. It could in fact show the opposite - that Zara and Mike are very comfortable in their marriage so much so that she is ok with him having one meal with another woman to raise money for a charity close to his, and his team's heart.

The TV show is one that partners singles but the event that Mike is undertaking is simply based on the show and allows fans and the team to have a fun night to raise money for an orphanage that the team supports.

If it was the show proper I would see this as a sign.

I've now read thatMike Tindell is not taking part in this. I think the charity organisers jumped the gun.

Any reason why she is still using the name Phillips instead of Tindall ?

She announced when she married that she'd continue using her own name for professional purposes, while using Tindall socially.

Like a lot of women who have made a name for themselves before they married she decided that she would keep her maiden name for business reasons.

She does use Tindall officially when not associated with her actual work and promotional deals.

Good for her for handling her horse so well. But I'm surprised she wore white jeans and no boots given the nature of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom