Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see this sketch; imagine, "Lord Grantham" being screeched at by Zara for incompetency!:lol:

Zara's holiday home from hell
With a rigorous equestrian eventing season ahead of hopeful Olympic qualification, the promise of her own luxury, sun-soaked property in Portugal seemed the perfect antidote for busy Zara Phillips. Alas the Queen’s granddaughter has been forced to halt her holiday home plans, I can reveal.

Well Zara is obviously doing alright for cash if she and Michael can afford to build a villa in Portugal!

On a side note, I really hope she gets picked for the Olympics.

When it was announced that Pippa Funnell wouldn't have a fit horse for the Olympics this year Pippa Funnell misses London Olympics after two horses suffer injuries | Sport | guardian.co.uk the following paragraph was in the article:

William Fox-Pitt, the world No1, Mary King, Piggy French and Nicola Wilson are expected to fill four of the British places at London. Funnell would have been challenging for a spot alongside Tina Cook, Oliver Townend, Laura Collett, Lucy Wiegersma and possibly Zara Phillips.

This seems to be suggesting, from those in the know in these circles, that Zara was down the possible list to be the fifth in the team.

The person 'in the know' I am referring to is the British eventing performance manager, Yogi Breisner,who is mentioned in the next paragraph. He himself didn't actually give the quote about the replacements for Pippa - that list and the use of the word 'possibly' with regards to Zara is the Guardian Reporter.

Last edited:
Just read on twitter that Zara is due to carry the Olympic Torch on toytown, I think,

Just read on twitter that Zara is due to carry the Olympic Torch on toytown, I think,
She did! :)

'It was an amazing experience:' Crowds cheer as Zara Philips rides in Cheltenham racecourse clutching Olympic flame
The cheers could hardly have been louder if she’d won a gold medal. A crowd of more than 30,000 turned out yesterday to watch Zara Phillips bearing the Olympic torch at Cheltenham racecourse. The Queen’s 31-year-old granddaughter was taking part in the fifth day of the torch relay, on her beloved horse Toytown.

Very Nice Article , and Very Lovely Pictures Of Zara , She Looks So Nice , Thank you for Posting Artemisia :flowers:

Very Nice Video , Zara Looks So Lovely , Like a Fairy Tales Story How She Ride The Horse and The Flame in her Hand and The Crowd of People from Both side , That’s Really Nice , Thank you for Posting MagMil :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
She is amazing .And how nice that with her was her mother:flowers:
here is a video footage.
Thanks for posting the video, MagMil! :)
DM got one thing right; the crowds couldn't have cheered more loudly even if she had just won a gold medal.

What an experience for Zara! I really hope she gets picked for team. Unless she already has been selected and I have been living under a rock over the past few weeks...

It would be great to see her be picked and then to see her mother and grandmother (and probably other relations) come to support her.

The team hasn't been selected yet.

London 2012 Olympics: Zara Phillips desperate to show her worth to selectors after wet start to eventing season - Telegraph

From last Tuesday:

As she prepared to take part in the Olympic torch relay, Zara Phillips insisted on Tuesday that she — and her horse High Kingdom — still had a chance of being selected for the British equestrian team for the Olympics.

Further down the article is says that the team was supposed to be announced on Thursday but due to the cancellation of some events earlier this year the team selection won't be made until mid-June so a few weeks to go for the possibles, including Zara, to prove they are worth their place.

Further down again

Received wisdom has it that four of the five places in the British eventing team have already been secured by the form riders William Fox Pitt, Mary King, Piggy French and Nicola Wilson. Which leaves Phillips fighting for the final spot with experienced campaigners such as Pippa Funnell, Tina Cooke and Oliver Townend.

I find it interesting that Pippa Funnell is listed there as the reports over the previous months had been that she was out of the running as all her horses were injured.

Nice Pictures Of Zara , I Like The Horse Very Much , Thank’s iceflower :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
They are really waiting until the last minute!

The team was going to be announced last Thursday but following the wash-outs of Badminton, Cheltenham etc they have delayed the selection of the team until mid-June.

Had Pippa Funnell's horses not been injured they may still have announced the team last week but those injuries have opened up a place and Zara is competing for that fifth spot (of course one of the other four that are seen as virtual certainties may also have a couple of bad events or injured horses - hopefully not for the sake of the horses - that could open up another spot).

I hope she'll make it to the Olympics after she had bad luck for the last two games (her horse got injured both times)! :flowers:

I'm so glad she did so well- a finish like that ought to make the selectors sit up and take notice.

We should find out this week if she made the team. It would be fantastic to see her do it!

I believe the team will be announced on Monday London time so within the next 24 hours or so.

I do hope she makes it and emulates her father's achievements of winning a medal for Britain (just not the gold as that I want to go to Australia) but she can emulate his 1988 achievement not his 1972 one. 1972 Mark was in the gold medal winning team while he won bronze in 1988. Anne was on the team in 1976 but that team didn't win a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom