The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I believe the team will be announced on Monday London time so within the next 24 hours or so.

I do hope she makes it and emulates her father's achievements of winning a medal for Britain (just not the gold as that I want to go to Australia) but she can emulate his 1988 achievement not his 1972 one. 1972 Mark was in the gold medal winning team while he won bronze in 1988. Anne was on the team in 1976 but that team didn't win a medal.
Oh that's exciting! I'll be paying close attention to this thread and keeping my fingers crossed for Zara.

I'm sure the Royal Family would turn out en masse to see her compete, and that would be pretty fantastic. I know they'll show up for a lot of the equestrian events anyway, but it'll be much more special if Zara's on the team.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

They all attended in 1976 to see Anne compete. It was shortly after the 200th anniversary of American Independence, which The Queen and Philip attended so they simply went straight up to Canada. They also had Andrew with them as he was also about to go to school in Canada for a term or two. Charles was to fly out from London and Edward apparently put on a tantrum, like a typical 13 year old will when being left behind so Charles decided to take Edward with him - or so the story goes. I was always impressed with Edward over that as it showed he had spunk and also with Charles, who also showed that he would stand up to his parents like a big brother should do sometimes to allow the baby of the family to see his big sister compete at the Olympics.

I too am sure that they will be there to see Zara, if possible.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Zara competing at the Salperton Park Horse Trials, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire on June 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Administrator

With the support of her husband, Zara has competed at the Barbury Castle International Horse Trials in Marlborough on June 30, 2012.

** Cute pic! ** gettyimages/indigo gallery **
Old 07-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

They really do seem attached to each other, don't they?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

She and Mike look adorable together.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like his body language in those pics though...particularly where she's embracing him and he doesn't appear to move/react. Maybe there are other frames though we aren't getting to see.

LaRae
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is hard in a still photo to see body movement or language.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

In the succession of photos at the link he never changed his upper body stance not even when she was embracing him...however there could be pics we aren't seeing.

LaRae
Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
In the succession of photos at the link he never changed his upper body stance not even when she was embracing him...however there could be pics we aren't seeing.

LaRae
There's also another man sitting right in front of them. It would be quite rude of them to engage in a major display of PDA right in someone else's face.

Look at context in photos- it's so easy to read things into images that are edited/cropped and that represent only seconds in time.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Zara was a brat who would not 'accept the line', says her father Captain Mark Phillips, as he admits he was 'not great' at parenting | Mail Online
Old 07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

That article was so awful. Did he really give this interview? Has he lost his mind?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

I didn't think it was that awful at all.

He saw it as it was - admitted he wasn't a great father, that Peter is a good father, that like all kids there were struggles growing up and that he is proud of what his daughter has achieved.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie
I didn't think it was that awful at all.

He saw it as it was - admitted he wasn't a great father, that Peter is a good father, that like all kids there were struggles growing up and that he is proud of what his daughter has achieved.
Did he really have to call her a brat? His adult child who has achieved something huge? He could have focused on her achievements or on cute anecdotes about her- this makes her sound like an awful child.

I'd be embarrassed if either of my parents told a reporter that.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

But what if she was a brat and an awful child? What's wrong with telling the truth? I'm sure Zara knew it before the DM did.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was known at the time - in the 80s - that she was a handful - so nothing new there. She was also a rebellious teenager - that is also well documented.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Lady in red (shoes): Busy Zara Phillips swaps patent party peep-toes for practical cherry coloured trainers at an Isle of Wight boat launch | Mail Online

Making the best out of her free time after the Olympics
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Administrator

Zara has competed in the dressage phase of the Wellington Horse Trials on August 27, 2012 in Hook, Hampshire.
I like the pics with the little fans

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Zara Phillips fills up on a crepe between cross-country capers **
Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks a lot for the pictures from Hampshire, Iceflower!
I really like the first one as well: those girls look thrilled to be there.

‘A trip to Waitrose on a rainy afternoon and a DVD’: Queen’s grand-daughter Zara Phillips says her life is not all glamour and pomp and she craves low-key domesticity instead
Quote:
She may be the Queen’s grand-daughter and one of our Olympic medallists to boot, but Zara Phillips craves a low-key domesticity which couldn’t be further from life in the Royal Family. Instead of pomp and glamour, it is the simple pleasures of buying new shoes, a trip to Waitrose or a rainy afternoon spent watching a DVD that she dreams of, she revealed today.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Zara has competed at the Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials, Oxfordshire yesterday, September 7, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/indigo gallery **

** dailymail: Zara Phillips back in the saddle as she competes at Blenheim Palace **

Tags
zara phillips