Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the team will be announced on Monday London time so within the next 24 hours or so.

I do hope she makes it and emulates her father's achievements of winning a medal for Britain (just not the gold as that I want to go to Australia) but she can emulate his 1988 achievement not his 1972 one. 1972 Mark was in the gold medal winning team while he won bronze in 1988. Anne was on the team in 1976 but that team didn't win a medal.

Oh that's exciting! I'll be paying close attention to this thread and keeping my fingers crossed for Zara.

I'm sure the Royal Family would turn out en masse to see her compete, and that would be pretty fantastic. I know they'll show up for a lot of the equestrian events anyway, but it'll be much more special if Zara's on the team.

They all attended in 1976 to see Anne compete. It was shortly after the 200th anniversary of American Independence, which The Queen and Philip attended so they simply went straight up to Canada. They also had Andrew with them as he was also about to go to school in Canada for a term or two. Charles was to fly out from London and Edward apparently put on a tantrum, like a typical 13 year old will when being left behind so Charles decided to take Edward with him - or so the story goes. I was always impressed with Edward over that as it showed he had spunk and also with Charles, who also showed that he would stand up to his parents like a big brother should do sometimes to allow the baby of the family to see his big sister compete at the Olympics.

I too am sure that they will be there to see Zara, if possible.

Zara competing at the Salperton Park Horse Trials, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire on June 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

They really do seem attached to each other, don't they?

She and Mike look adorable together.

I don't like his body language in those pics though...particularly where she's embracing him and he doesn't appear to move/react. Maybe there are other frames though we aren't getting to see.

LaRae

It is hard in a still photo to see body movement or language.

In the succession of photos at the link he never changed his upper body stance not even when she was embracing him...however there could be pics we aren't seeing.

LaRae

In the succession of photos at the link he never changed his upper body stance not even when she was embracing him...however there could be pics we aren't seeing.

LaRae

There's also another man sitting right in front of them. It would be quite rude of them to engage in a major display of PDA right in someone else's face.

Look at context in photos- it's so easy to read things into images that are edited/cropped and that represent only seconds in time.

I didn't think it was that awful at all.

He saw it as it was - admitted he wasn't a great father, that Peter is a good father, that like all kids there were struggles growing up and that he is proud of what his daughter has achieved.

Iluvbertie said:
I didn't think it was that awful at all.

He saw it as it was - admitted he wasn't a great father, that Peter is a good father, that like all kids there were struggles growing up and that he is proud of what his daughter has achieved.

Did he really have to call her a brat? His adult child who has achieved something huge? He could have focused on her achievements or on cute anecdotes about her- this makes her sound like an awful child.

I'd be embarrassed if either of my parents told a reporter that.

But what if she was a brat and an awful child? What's wrong with telling the truth? I'm sure Zara knew it before the DM did.

It was known at the time - in the 80s - that she was a handful - so nothing new there. She was also a rebellious teenager - that is also well documented.

Thanks a lot for the pictures from Hampshire, Iceflower! :flowers:
I really like the first one as well: those girls look thrilled to be there.

‘A trip to Waitrose on a rainy afternoon and a DVD’: Queen’s grand-daughter Zara Phillips says her life is not all glamour and pomp and she craves low-key domesticity instead
She may be the Queen’s grand-daughter and one of our Olympic medallists to boot, but Zara Phillips craves a low-key domesticity which couldn’t be further from life in the Royal Family. Instead of pomp and glamour, it is the simple pleasures of buying new shoes, a trip to Waitrose or a rainy afternoon spent watching a DVD that she dreams of, she revealed today.

Zara was on the Equestrian float at today's London 2012 parade.

TEAM GB’s royal horsewoman, Zara Phillips, and Olympic gold medallist boxer Anthony Joshua are to compete on The Million Pound Drop Live – for charity.

Zara Phillips Anthony Joshua The Million Pound Drop | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

For those of us ignorant Americans (et al) ;) I went and looked up the game. It is a season long gameshow based on answers to tough multiple choice questions. Celebraties get a chance to show off their smarts (or not) and donate the winnings to charities. Zara will be a fun time and a gamer, I am sure.
Here is the Wikipedia link for more details on the show:
The Million Pound Drop Live - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love Million Pound Drop, nice to see Zara take part for charity. I loved her on A Question of Sport, she was quite funny.

I love Million Pound Drop, nice to see Zara take part for charity. I loved her on A Question of Sport, she was quite funny.

I would bet Zara is quite funny most of the time. It makes her a nominee for my "Royal I would most like to spill a wee dram with" competition. :p

Zara Phillips all smiles as she teams up with England rugby star James Haskell to launch latest line of equestrian clothing with Musto
Zara Phillips today launched the latest collection of equestrian clothing by British brand Musto - and was given a helping hand by England and Black Rams rugby star James Haskell. The rugby player dwarfed the 31-year-old Queen's granddaughter as they posed for a photocall at Somerset House on the Strand in London, where both wore items from the spring/summer range of the British brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom