Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Thank you Diarist, wonderful explanation

At the weekend [whilst most press attention was concentrating on the 'has Mike strayed' fiasco, Zara was competing at the Johnson & Perrott Land Rover International Horse Trials at Ballindenisk in Co Cork., Republic of Ireland. Zara was riding her horse Lord Lauries, who I think most people rate as not as good as High Kingdom. I am delighted to report that she won!

Last edited:
She does look incredibly happy on that horse. It's nice to see her smile.

1. ^^ Yeah, she seems happy. Really nice to see her smile.

2. In the english version of the competition's website, do ou think is Zara in the photo? LINK

3. Why does she have MEARS "written" in her jacket?

Is Zara likely to qualify for the Olympic team? I haven't been following her results since she retired Toytown so I don't know if she has a horse now of Olympic quality that would allow her to qualify.

She is training a number of horses - has a chance and a hope.

Personally, I would love to see both Zara Phillips and Charlotte of Monaco Participate in the London Summer Olympics in 2012!

Patra said:
Personally, I would love to see both Zara Phillips and Charlotte of Monaco Participate in the London Summer Olympics in 2012!

Charlotte is unlikely to ever ride in the Olympics, let alone this year. Hope to see Zara do it though

I did'nt know that Charlotte rode horses... I thought she was just a swimmer?

^^ Swimmer? Charlotte was never a swimmer, as far as I know. Perhaps you're mistaking her with Charlene, who married Albert, Charlotte's uncle. Or maybe with Pauline, who pratices diving

Yeah, I was thinking of Charlene.

I did'nt know that Charlotte rode horses... I thought she was just a swimmer?

Charlotte is an equestrian, her cousin Pauline Ducruet is a professional diver and competed in the 2010 Youth Olympics for Monaco. We have more chance of seeing Pauline at a fully fledged Olympics than Charlotte IMO.

This website seems to list the riders who take part in Olympic teams, non-olympic and youth teams and I can't find Zara on any lists. This BBC link tells you a little more about Olympic qualifying.

The reason Zara wouldn't be mentioned is that they are only listing the teams that competed at the very highest competitions in 2010 and 2011. Zara didn't have a horse good enough to be on the Team Britain team in either of those years. If one of the horses she is currently training is good enough to oust one of those who were on the team last year she will get in but if not she won't.

I actually don't think she will make the team - because I don't think she has enough competition at a high enough level with any of her current horses to push her way in ahead of those ahead of her in the team at the moment.

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower! :flowers: Zara looks pretty, she appears to have lost a bit of weight? Lovely make up, IMO.

You are most welcome, Dierna23 :flowers:

Today, March 9, Zara was pictured competing the cross country phase and the show jumping
phase of the Tweseldown Horse Trials at Tweseldown Racecourse in Fleet.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Thank you for pictures and articles, Iceflower and Lenora! :flowers:
I'm glad Zara still has chances to be in the Olympic Team; hopefully, she makes it.

What a beautiful horse; good luck to Zara and hopefully she'll get a spot on the team.

You are most welcome, Dierna23 :flowers:

Today, March 9, Zara was pictured competing the cross country phase and the show jumping
phase of the Tweseldown Horse Trials at Tweseldown Racecourse in Fleet.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Nice Pictures , Zara Look Nice I Like Her Horse Very Much Wonderful Horse Indeed :flowers: Thank you iceflower

Zara at the Gold Cup Day of the Cheltenham horse racing festival, Gloucestershire, today, March 16.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

:previous:
My favourite look from Cheltenham races so far.
The overall elegant look makes up for the feathers in hat. The coat is really lovely.

She's one racy lady! Zara's fourth day at Cheltenham - and yet another stunning hat
Zara Phillips attended Cheltenham Festival for the fourth day in a row today, as she arrived at the Gloucestershire course to celebrate the last day of racing.The Queen's granddaughter, a keen horsewoman herself, attended every single day of the National Hunt meet, and every appearance was accompanied by a stunning outfit - and topped with an eye-catching hat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom