The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Please stop the 'Zara/Mike lovely couple' talk. Who else out there would like to see Zara with somebody other than Mike?

I would like to see her with the man who makes her happy. That appears to be Mike and I find absolutely nothing wrong with her finding happiness with a fellow professional sportsman. At least they have interests in common e.g. sport.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree. And he may not be the most handsome man I would have imagined for Zara who is in my opinion a beautiful young woman, but he seems to be a really nice guy, loyal and most of all they still look SO happy together

Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Zara Phillips pictured at day 6 of the Cowes Week on
the Isle of Wight, August 6, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't suppose she gets to stay at Osbourne house when she's there?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I don't suppose she gets to stay at Osbourne house when she's there?

Osbourne House isn't a royal residence any more. It is a museum open to the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_House

It stopped being a royal residence in 1901.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Please stop the 'Zara/Mike lovely couple' talk.
I think they are a lovely couple, as I said above, so I don't see the reason to say anything different!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Zara Phillips shows her maternal side as she horses around with godson
Keep a tight grip on that dog of yours, Princess Anne! | Mail Online
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the link, Myself1995, the pics of Zara and her godson
are really nice

Here are a few more pics from yesterday:

Zara Phillips warms up Secret Legacy before competing in the
dressage of the Intermediate Section during the Festival of
British Eventing at Gatcombe Park, Stroud, August 8, 2009
On pic 2 you can also see Princess Anne.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

And some pics from today:

Zara Phillips on Secret Legacy warming up before pulling out
of the Cross Country at the 4th jump at The Festival of British
Eventing at Gatcombe Park, August 9, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Maternal Zara keeps her young godson happy as she competes on home turf

...In between competing at the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe Park at the weekend, Zara squeezed in time to play around with her three-year-old godson Ted Maude... - Article & Pictures
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I think I see a reason why the younger Royals might postpone their marriages a bit. Attitudes to living together before marriage have relaxed a lot so they can enjoy each other's company on a full time basis or at least spend lots of unchaperoned time together so they don't need to marry to be able to have physical intimacy. And the moment there's a sniff of pending nuptials the public and press start using words like "maternal" and watching the woman's waistline. Everyone's expecting them to produce babies as soon as they marry, so no wonder they put it off till they want to produce babies.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Osbourne House isn't a royal residence any more. It is a museum open to the public.

Osborne House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It stopped being a royal residence in 1901.
Cool Beans! Thanks!

My doesn't Zara look regal on her horse!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Please stop the 'Zara/Mike lovely couple' talk. Who else out there would like to see Zara with somebody other than Mike?
Errm, this is a current affairs thread and, unless I am mistaken, Mike is Zara's current affair!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice new pics, thanks myself1995 and iceflower! I think the older Zara gets the more she resembles her mother
Old 08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yeah I think she could do better. She's so pretty. But hey, whatever floats her tugboat.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Arrest warrant issued for Zara Phillips' riding rival accused of rustling four horses

Quote:
An international arrest warrant has been issued for one of Britain’s top showjumpers, who is accused of stealing four horses worth £150,000 from a wealthy stable owner.
Laura Newman – who has competed against Zara Phillips – appeared at Horseferry Road Magistrates’ Court in London on Thursday after an extradition warrant was issued by police in Belgium.

The 30-year-old rider, who hopes to be selected for the 2012 British Olympic equestrian team and who has been named by Horse & Hound magazine as one of the UK’s top ten riders, was remanded on bail until September 7 on a surety of £20,000.

There is also an interesting paragraph about Zara and Mike in this Daily Mail article (scroll to the end), originally posted by Dierna23.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall are putting pressure on the Royal Household to be able to announce their engagement. The pair have been dating since 2003 and had hoped to wed this year but were pipped to the post by Lord Freddie Windsor, who is marrying actress Sophie Winkleman next month. 'The Palace has to give them the nod,' says my source. 'Zara is Royal and there are certain protocols. There's still the question of whether William and Kate will make an announcement. There can't be two at once.'
I am not entirely sure why 'there can't be two at once'. William's and Zara's weddings are going to be on completely different scales and there isn't really a coherent reason why two weddings cannot be celebrated within the same year.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
I am not entirely sure why 'there can't be two at once'. William's and Zara's weddings are going to be on completely different scales and there isn't really a coherent reason why two weddings cannot be celebrated within the same year.
The British royals prefer to have only one going at a time (like most families I suppose). That allows for each bride to get the full family attention.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

[quote=Marsel;980335]Arrest warrant issued for Zara Phillips' riding rival accused of rustling four horses

What a disgraceful piece of journalism. I've followed Zara's career for some time and monitor a number of horsey websites and I had never heard of Ms Newman. On searching the web for her name, I can confirm that Ms Newman is a showjumper. Zara's sport is eventing which combines dressage, showjumping and cross country. Ms Newman does not compete in eventing as far as I understand. Ms Newman is not a rival of Zara's in the sport of eventing. To attach Zara's reputation, profile and photo to this story is a disgrace.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ms Newman is a top showjumper in the UK, there is nothing to say that the article is incorrect, as she like many showjumpers, may have tried her hand at eventing in the past and may in the future.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Welll not sure what to make of that. Don't see the point in dragging Zara Phillips name into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
There is also an interesting paragraph about Zara and Mike in this Daily Mail article (scroll to the end), originally posted by Dierna23.

I understand why the palace do not want Zara and Mikes' wedding in the same year as Kate and Williams but they aren't even engaged yet, let alone set a date. I don't see why Zara and Mike couldn't have got engaged this year and amrried earlier next year, wouldn't have any affect on everything.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Aristocracy

Zara is part of a big horsey do at Windsor Castle this weekend.

BE member discount on Windsor Eventing Grand Prix tickets! - British Eventing

Horseyhoundy type people sound excited about it.

Horse and Hound Online Forum: Windsor Europeans

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips