The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Pics 11.7.2009

That's true, lumutqueen

Here are some new pics from the weekend:

Zara Phillips competes at the International Horse Trials,
Barbury Castle, Wiltshire, Britain - 11 July 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

The picture of Zara and Mike together, is beautiful. They do make a wonderful couple.
I'm afraid I don't agree, perhaps he has a marvelous personality

Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Ice!
Do we know which horse she was on?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

From this web site

Burghley direct web page (bdwp.co.uk)

Zara had 3 mounts at that event. She rode Glenbuck, Make Mine Music (which is the horse in photos 2,3,and 4) and Secret Legacy which I think is the horse in photos 1 and 5 as Glenbuck, the horse of her late friend Sherelle Duke, is, I think, a brown coloured horse.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Okay, thanks! I didn't think that was ToyTown. Is he recouping?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Toytown came back earlier in the season, but he is 17, which is very old for an event horse. Especially after two torn tendons. The pounding in the cross country is very wearing. I'm sure Zara is saving him for when she most needs him, to prevent uneccessary wear and tear on her best guy.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Toytown is of course Zara's favourite (and most famous) horse and I am familiar with Make Mine Music and Glenbuck, as well as some other horses, like Ardfield Magic Star and Tallyho Sambucca.
This is the first time I've read about Secret Legacy, however. Is it a relatively new horse or I had just missed it in earlier reports?
I remember not recognizing one of the horses she rode during this year's Gatcombe Horse Trials, although at the time I thought it was Ardfield Magic Star. It might have been Secret Legacy though.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

If, in that link I gave above, one types Phillips Zara in the rider space, then Zara's form comes up and then:hyper_linked horses can be clicked for their history.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Thank you.
It appears that Zara has been riding Secret Legacy since at least 2008.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Aristocracy

2004 was when they started out together. Zara's form/record of results needs a bit of tweaking to get her 10 year history.

So, type in Phillips Zara in that link above. Then click on the Secret Legacy that is highlighted in blue as it's hyperlinked. That will show they started in 2004.

Now, click on a blue hyperlinked Zara and voila: her 10 year record.

When you go right back to 1999 and 2000: see the 6 month gap? That was the time she spent Sydney. She looked at me once on Oxford Street Bondi Junction as I was going to work. I've watched that whole 10 year history unfold on that website. Check out Red Baron. Apparently he has been sold back to the original owners whose son is now it's rider.

Ravendale Stud

Calover (ISH) and Roelof Bril (Ned) Second in €50,500 Portimao Grand Prix - Irish Horse Board

Horse Sport Ireland

bebo.com - Profile from eventing ireland pony riders <pnyriders>

Zara had all her young horses at that Burgie show in June where that young Irishman rode so well on Red Baron. That would have been such a beautiful moment when all the old gang from the stable saw each others again. I bet there was lots of whinnies and shaking of heads and stamping of hoves.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Aristocracy

She is always such a beautiful woman.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Zara Phillips has fuelled rumours that she is to marry her England rugby star boyfriend after they bought new £800,000 home together.

The Queen's granddaughter and Mike Tindall bought the five-bedroom mansion in Gloucestershire in April and have spent £250,000 renovating it.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Bunte.de is also reporting about the rumours.

Zara Phillips: Hochzeit in Sicht? - BUNTE
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

With this couple, I think it is a question of when, not if. They are obviously great mates and seem very happy together. Zara will be a beautiful bride.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator

I can't believe they have been dating for like six years! Where has the time gone?

Thats a big investment and a nice house. But no place for the horses? Is it far from her mothers home...maybe she will leave them there?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I think it's fairly close to Gatcombe Park. From what I've read, it's also much closer to public transport than their secluded cottage -- important for Mike, because he cannot drive to work after his drink driving conviction.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

"I don't think it is about whether we will get married, but when," says the England rugby player, who met the granddaughter of theQueen in 2003. "There is no doubt that I love Zara, but it has to be the right time.

Zara Phillips, true love and a wedding - Telegraph
Old 08-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Courtier

That's probably the clearest indication todate that Mike and Zara are going to settle down soon.
And good for them: they look like a great couple, have spent many years together and know each other well.

If I were a betting person, I’d be prepared to wage quite a large sum on a wedding by this time next year.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

It looks as if you could be right!

They have bought a new £800,000 home together and have been dating for six years.
So there has been plenty of speculation about when the Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips, 28, and rugby ace Mike Tindall will wed.

Now, the England and Gloucester player has confirmed they will marry and that they expect a lavish white wedding.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That are exciting news I wonder if they will announce an engagement this year. Whenever you see them together, you can see that they are really in love and it really has been a good while since they are a couple - six years.

Davina, Rose, Peter, Freddie and now maybe soon Zara - this whole generation seems in wedding-fever

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips