Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop the 'Zara/Mike lovely couple' talk. Who else out there would like to see Zara with somebody other than Mike?

I would like to see her with the man who makes her happy. That appears to be Mike and I find absolutely nothing wrong with her finding happiness with a fellow professional sportsman. At least they have interests in common e.g. sport.

:previous:

I agree. And he may not be the most handsome man I would have imagined for Zara who is in my opinion a beautiful young woman, but he seems to be a really nice guy, loyal and most of all they still look SO happy together :flowers:

I don't suppose she gets to stay at Osbourne house when she's there? :ermm:

Please stop the 'Zara/Mike lovely couple' talk.

I think they are a lovely couple, as I said above, so I don't see the reason to say anything different! :flowers:

Thanks for the link, Myself1995, the pics of Zara and her godson
are really nice :)

Here are a few more pics from yesterday:

Zara Phillips warms up Secret Legacy before competing in the
dressage of the Intermediate Section during the Festival of
British Eventing at Gatcombe Park, Stroud, August 8, 2009
On pic 2 you can also see Princess Anne.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

And some pics from today:

Zara Phillips on Secret Legacy warming up before pulling out
of the Cross Country at the 4th jump at The Festival of British
Eventing at Gatcombe Park, August 9, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Last edited:
Maternal Zara keeps her young godson happy as she competes on home turf

...In between competing at the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe Park at the weekend, Zara squeezed in time to play around with her three-year-old godson Ted Maude... - Article & Pictures

I think I see a reason why the younger Royals might postpone their marriages a bit. Attitudes to living together before marriage have relaxed a lot so they can enjoy each other's company on a full time basis or at least spend lots of unchaperoned time together so they don't need to marry to be able to have physical intimacy. And the moment there's a sniff of pending nuptials the public and press start using words like "maternal" and watching the woman's waistline. Everyone's expecting them to produce babies as soon as they marry, so no wonder they put it off till they want to produce babies.

Please stop the 'Zara/Mike lovely couple' talk. Who else out there would like to see Zara with somebody other than Mike?
Errm, this is a current affairs thread and, unless I am mistaken, Mike is Zara's current affair! :rolleyes:

Nice new pics, thanks myself1995 and iceflower! I think the older Zara gets the more she resembles her mother :flowers:

Yeah I think she could do better. She's so pretty. But hey, whatever floats her tugboat.:D

Arrest warrant issued for Zara Phillips' riding rival accused of rustling four horses

An international arrest warrant has been issued for one of Britain’s top showjumpers, who is accused of stealing four horses worth £150,000 from a wealthy stable owner.
Laura Newman – who has competed against Zara Phillips – appeared at Horseferry Road Magistrates’ Court in London on Thursday after an extradition warrant was issued by police in Belgium.

The 30-year-old rider, who hopes to be selected for the 2012 British Olympic equestrian team and who has been named by Horse & Hound magazine as one of the UK’s top ten riders, was remanded on bail until September 7 on a surety of £20,000.

There is also an interesting paragraph about Zara and Mike in this Daily Mail article (scroll to the end), originally posted by Dierna23.

Meanwhile, Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall are putting pressure on the Royal Household to be able to announce their engagement. The pair have been dating since 2003 and had hoped to wed this year but were pipped to the post by Lord Freddie Windsor, who is marrying actress Sophie Winkleman next month. 'The Palace has to give them the nod,' says my source. 'Zara is Royal and there are certain protocols. There's still the question of whether William and Kate will make an announcement. There can't be two at once.'

I am not entirely sure why 'there can't be two at once'. William's and Zara's weddings are going to be on completely different scales and there isn't really a coherent reason why two weddings cannot be celebrated within the same year.

Last edited:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ips-riding-rival-accused-rustling-horses.html I am not entirely sure why 'there can't be two at once'. William's and Zara's weddings are going to be on completely different scales and there isn't really a coherent reason why two weddings cannot be celebrated within the same year.
The British royals prefer to have only one going at a time (like most families I suppose). That allows for each bride to get the full family attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrest warrant issued for Zara Phillips' riding rival accused of rustling four horses

What a disgraceful piece of journalism. I've followed Zara's career for some time and monitor a number of horsey websites and I had never heard of Ms Newman. On searching the web for her name, I can confirm that Ms Newman is a showjumper. Zara's sport is eventing which combines dressage, showjumping and cross country. Ms Newman does not compete in eventing as far as I understand. Ms Newman is not a rival of Zara's in the sport of eventing. To attach Zara's reputation, profile and photo to this story is a disgrace.

:previous:Ms Newman is a top showjumper in the UK, there is nothing to say that the article is incorrect, as she like many showjumpers, may have tried her hand at eventing in the past and may in the future.

Welll not sure what to make of that. Don't see the point in dragging Zara Phillips name into it.

There is also an interesting paragraph about Zara and Mike in this Daily Mail article (scroll to the end), originally posted by Dierna23.

I am not entirely sure why 'there can't be two at once'. William's and Zara's weddings are going to be on completely different scales and there isn't really a coherent reason why two weddings cannot be celebrated within the same year.

I understand why the palace do not want Zara and Mikes' wedding in the same year as Kate and Williams but they aren't even engaged yet, let alone set a date. I don't see why Zara and Mike couldn't have got engaged this year and amrried earlier next year, wouldn't have any affect on everything.

I understand why the palace do not want Zara and Mikes' wedding in the same year as Kate and Williams but they aren't even engaged yet, let alone set a date. I don't see why Zara and Mike couldn't have got engaged this year and amrried earlier next year, wouldn't have any affect on everything.

My understanding is that as there is speculation that William might pop the question to Kate no one else in the family can make any such arrangement until William is decided. He has seniority and therefore has first dibs on when things get done.

That being said, I think Zara should sit her cousin down and say something like:

William, Mike and I really want to get married next year, so that I can concentrate on making the Olympics in 2012 and start a family in 2013. Can you decide whether you and Kate are going to announce an engagement that would stop that plan so that Mike and I can plan our future?

It might already have happened of course - they may be planning to announce at any moment but...

Zara's wedding won't be the big deal William's is. I think it's ridiculous she can't go ahead and get married.

Zara's wedding won't be the big deal William's is. I think it's ridiculous she can't go ahead and get married.

For normal families yes but in the Royal Family they have a protocol and William takes precedence so Zara has to wait.

Really? Why would Peter be allowed to marry but not Zara? They have the exact same family relationship to William.

For normal families yes but in the Royal Family they have a protocol and William takes precedence so Zara has to wait.

Surely she doesn't have to tread water indefinitely. William isn't so precious that he can't be asked to indicate he will not marry before, say, the end of next year, to give Zara a chance to plan her life.

Really? Why would Peter be allowed to marry but not Zara? They have the exact same family relationship to William.

Hmm. Good question. Maybe at the time he wed there wasn't a big chance William might also want to do so.

When Peter annouced his engagment it would have been clear that William had no intention of getting engaged and therefore no problems.

It is the timing of when Zara maybe wanting to get married in relation to William not the actual relationship between the cousins.

Surely she doesn't have to tread water indefinitely. William isn't so precious that he can't be asked to indicate he will not marry before, say, the end of next year, to give Zara a chance to plan her life.

The problem as I understand it is that they both appear to be about to annouce an engagement (according to the press and we know how reliable they are) and therefore Zara does have to bow down to William's superior rank in the family.

If William has no intention of asking Kate at the moment then there is no problem for Zara, if she wants to marry now but... are either of them actually planning on annoucing an engagement at the moment?

We are simply pawns in the press game.

And yet Anne married long before Charles.I can't really see Zara being expected to wait for her younger cousin to marry before her. Zara's wedding would be a much smaller affair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom