Zara Phillips Current Events 3: September 2007-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I have said, "Whoa"?

Um...Fella?

I don't know about your Hollywood movie preferences, but I didn't see many movies before I was 18 - maybe 10 movies or so, I'm 33 now, but there is this Western called, "Silverado". I grew up on this movie. Anyway, one of the actors says something along the lines of "Whoa Fella" to stop his horse. You know, he's sees something and slows down - I believe this to be a common phrase in a number of Westerns.:)

I don't think that Zara would use this phrase, but then again...

I would.

Zara masters this Barbara Streisand/early Princess Anne look effortlessly. There are several photos of Zara doing this. I think the ultimate Zara photo will be when they focus on her eyes and complexion. I'm so proud to say that none of her photos have yet revealed her eyes the way she revealed them to me when she was looking at me all those years ago.

Last edited:
Picture

That picture is absolutely amazing. I don't know about anyone else, but I was immediately drawn to her eyes. They pop out and the contrast between her complexion and her jacket/hat really brings out her eyes. :cool:

I too was drawn to her eyes. They're beautiful and she looks stunning in this new photo. I love black and white photos they're classic and it really suits Zara. She gets more beautiful the older she gets.

There's a lot of Margaret in there and I thought she was rather beautiful!

Pics 13.3.2008

That's really a great portrait of Zara! :)

Here are the newest pics of her from today:
Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips at The Cheltenham Horse Racing
Festival, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Britain - 13 March 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for the pictures :flowers: Zara is my absolute favourite among the young generation of royals who are somewhere in the line to the throne but will never reign. She is one of the few who have actually done something meaningful with their lives and found their way. Plus, Zara (and her boyfriend) are very "normal" hands on people who work hard for what they love (their sport) and it's great that at least Zara has made it to the top of her profession. I hope she does well in Bejing and I think that she is a great ambassador for the monarchy!

Zara looked happy

How happy Ms. Phillips is...trouble for us who think that Mike and Zara will split.:whistling:

Pics 14.3.2008

I totally agree with you, Duke of Marmalade and thanks for the
link, Gita, those additional pics of Zara are really nice! :flowers:

Here are pics from yesterday:
Zara Phillips and her boyfriend Mike at The Cheltenham Horse Racing
Festival, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Britain - 14 Mar 2008

I totally agree with you, Duke of Marmalade and thanks for the
link, Gita, those additional pics of Zara are really nice! :flowers:

Here are pics from yesterday:
Zara Phillips and her boyfriend Mike at The Cheltenham Horse Racing
Festival, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Britain - 14 Mar 2008

Thank you iceflower. I went to Cheltenham yesterday and saw them, they are such a nice couple. Princess Anne did the Gold Cup presentation; it's nice that Anne and her family are following the tradition of Queen Mum who was a big fan of National Hunt racing whilst HM is more often present at flat races. Having said that, one of HM's horses almost won one of the races on Thursday but was beaten shortly before the finish line! She probably wasn't amused ;)

Pics 16.3.2008

It's great to hear that you had the chance to be there,
Duke of Marmalade and that you shared your impressions :)

Zara Phillips after she completed the Cross Country, Aldon Horse
Trials, Somerset, Britain - 16 Mar 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Writing Zara a letter

I was thinking about writing Zara a good luck letter if she were chosen to go to the Olympics. If I were to write a letter would I write to Gatcombe Park, like the big house where Anne lives or somewhere else?
Please!:flowers:

I've actually been contacted by Zara, herself.

Today, I was contacted by Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips through email from a website that I should not divulge on the Royal Forums. Don't even try to get it from me though, because how would I know if you would publish it? The email address, that is...:D:angel::cool:

Today, I was contacted by Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips through email from a website that I should not divulge on the Royal Forums. Don't even try to get it from me though, because how would I know if you would publish it? The email address, that is...:D:angel::cool:
Wow, that sounds cool, but dirty at the the same time.:lol: But, why would I publish the e-mail for the whole world to see. I care to much about other's privacy.

Mike and Zara seemed to have been drunk and behaved bad in Cheltenham or so.

Mike and Zara seemed to have been drunk and behaved bad in Cheltenham or so.

He was arrested for drink driving and she fell off a chair and hit her head :ohmy: Not sure about Zara as I believe she competed shortly after Cheltenham but Mike ... those rugby players love to binge. I still recall Gavin Henson being arrested on a train from London to Cardiff because of indecent behaviour caused by alcohol.

Mike Tindall arrested for 'drink driving' - Telegraph

Mike and Zara...

I always thought Mike would be the first to fall off of his rocker...hope Zara was alright.

Ah well, we all have our problems.... that just happens to be a real bad problem!:bang:

Mike and Zara...

Yeah, we all have our problems. That was unfortunate, for both of them. And the floor. Imagine if you had a World Champion fall on you - damaged reputation.:eek:

I'm not too impressed. Someone could have driven him around. (I'm less tolerant of this than I used to be, since my cousin's five-year-old son was killed by a drunk driver this past January.) Seems like another case of a Paris Hilton-type not caring about the welfare of others.

It seems like he fell into the trap of thinking that any sleep reduces the alcohol leave to within the limit. For this exact reason I never drive the day after I've been out after a major session (any more than a couple of glasses of wine).

Zara Phillips

With the Beijing, China Olympics coming up and the horse, Toytown, being possibly being injured, I am thinking that Zara should be taking everything seriously from now on into the games. The drinking incident probably left her quite sober and now, afterwards, ready to gear up. I hope that Mike has expressed that he is sorry for the incident, and that things that are needing to be fixed are not always beyond disrepair. The driving and drinking problem and the drinking and drug problems of players here in the states don't often lead to multiple offenses, only the bad apples that usually don't make it far (to professionalism) have multiple incidents. Then again, Mike is a stone's throw away from being a man without the credentials that he now has...

It's unfortunate to see either of them in trouble. The turmoil over the incident won't last long and I hope that Zara finds true wisdom out of this moment in time.

I am sure she will. She is a smart girl and she has her priorities set right. I just hope that Toytown will be better for the Olympics, it would be a huge blow if he can't go

Pics 29.+30.3.2008

Zara Phillips riding Ardfield Magic Star at Burnham Market
Horse Trials, Norfolk, Britain - 29 March 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Zara Phillips walks the course at the Burnham Market Horse
trials with her dogs Corley the Labrador and Sway the Boxer
- 30 Mar 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

She has already demonstrated her poise and control in the saddle.
And yesterday, Zara Phillips showed she has similar skills in the driver's seat of a lorry.
Transporting her three horses from a riding event in Norfolk, the former BBC Sports Personality of the Year appeared unfazed by the size of the enormous vehicle on the country lanes.

The Princess and the lorry: Zara Phillips keeps her cool at the wheel | the Daily Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom