The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Courtier

What a devastating blow to Zara and Toytown, they have worked so very hard for this.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Courtier

'Disappointed' Zara Phillips quits the Olympic team after her horse is injured | Mail Online

Old 06-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Nobility

How sad! I have been praying for Zara and Toytown, but if this is what's meant to be, let it be. Best wishes to Zara and happy healing to Toytown.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
My heart goes out to Zara - she must be devastated. What happened to her back-up horse? She had another horse in training because Toytown was getting old.
As far as qualifying for major competitions here in the UK, you qualify with your horse.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

paves the way for her to marry mike now as she said she was concentrating on the Olympics well now shes not
shame though for her and Toytown they had a really good chance looks like that gold medal at an Olympics will never be now

Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Poor Zara and of course poor Toytown as well! Such bad luck. But unfortunately, that's the risk that comes with her sport.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The German boulevard magazine had reported about Zara and Toytown and had made a statement, which is more like a lie or a rumor: It said, Zara would have postponed an engagement til the Olympic games were over, but this would be unnecessary now.

Neues aus der Welt der Reichen und Schönen | DasErste.de
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I know that she love Toytown but can't she take an other horse and go for the Olympics?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
I know that she love Toytown but can't she take an other horse and go for the Olympics?
She qualified with Toytown, so the option to take another gold standard horse, if she had one, is not open to her as far as I know.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
She qualified with Toytown, so the option to take another gold standard horse, if she had one, is not open to her as far as I know.
So better is take two horses on championships and qualifield with them both? Is it possible?

Thanks Skydragon

Talking about horses at this level (I don't know too much about this sport):
What about Pippa Fennell or any other well British equestrians horses? Can't they borrow her one of them if they still have them?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's possible, but very hard to do. The horses at this level dont come along that often.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know anything about equestrian sports, but is the horse considered as equal a competitor as the rider? By which I mean (as a poor comparison) the same level as if one half of a team in pairs figure skating gets injured before the Olympics, the other partner cannot just compete with another skater as his partner. Is that how it works?

My heart breaks for Zara who works so hard and is now losing a second shot at the Olympics. Poor Toytown. I wonder how bad the injury is.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
So better is take two horses on championships and qualifield with them both? Is it possible?

Talking about horses at this level (I don't know too much about this sport):
What about Pippa Fennell or any other well British equestrians horses? Can't they borrow her one of them if they still have them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I don't know anything about equestrian sports, but is the horse considered as equal a competitor as the rider? By which I mean (as a poor comparison) the same level as if one half of a team in pairs figure skating gets injured before the Olympics, the other partner cannot just compete with another skater as his partner. Is that how it works?
Yes kimebear, you have hit the nail on the head. You qualify with the one horse, the Olympic committee base the selection on the combination of the rider and the horse.

She couldn't take another horse in Toytown's place, whether she owned it or not, because she qualified with Toytown.

It is very sad, lets hope Toytown will recover with a long rest and Zara can bring on another horse in 4 years time.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Very pity. She was waiting and prepare for it for solong... Hope next time she would go andwill be the best.

Thanks for response.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

That's too bad. In 4 years she might not want to be in the Olympics. Or she may be married and pregnant.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Let'"s hope so I love her Mike !
Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Let'"s hope so I love her Mike !
Yes, but still, being an Olympian is a HUGE feat! Not many even get to qualify! I really wanted her to go!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Skydragon, there has been no coverage in the US as to the nature of the injury to Toytown. Has anything been released in England? Specifically, is it a second injury to the suspensory which sidelined him last time? Also, do you know how old he is?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so sorry to hear about Toytown's injury and Zara's decision to pull out. I know they had worked very hard for this opportunity.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Toytown is actually an old horse don't you think she'd be training with two horses or for such qualification she'd train with a younger horse? I guess we have to sit tight and wait for the news of her engagement. Something tells me we did not hear the whole story yet.

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips