Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Commoner

I had tears too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Congratulations to Zara!!!

The first thread I looked through was this one; I hoped so much she would win!
I may be over sensitive but I have tears in eyes (it may also be for a fact that my lenses are not feeling very comfortable though ).
Anyway, good job, girl!!!!!
Hello!

I followed the competion on TV. I hoped so much too, she would win.
I had tears in my eyes, when she was hugged by her boyfriend, brother Peter, her Mother and Father.
It was wonderful.
I am so happy for her.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations, Zara! I saw an interview with her on BBC Breakfast. she seemed very relaxed and happy.

The interviewer said, 'with your recent national title and the olympics coming up. the world is your oyster.' but Zara said she is just savoring this victory and will take things one day at a time.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article from HELLO
It was the day equestrian star Zara Phillips finally went one better than her mother, with a triumphant display of horsemanship in Germany. With the Princess Royal watching in delight, the Queen's granddaughter took the world three-day eventing title - a feat Anne, who was European champion, never achieved.................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../zaraphillips/
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Commoner

How wonderful for Zara to have worked so hard and achieved!!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats to her!!!!! Thats awsome
Old 08-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah congratulations to Zara! I watched the race and I knew she would do it! I hope she does her country proud in the olympics!

Sofia
Old 08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

congratulations to Zara!!!!! like mother, like daughter!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Zara Phillips Wins the World Individual Eventing Championship

Old 08-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

CONGRATULATION TO ZARA!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw the prove and is very good, finaly she made it.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Riding high

Zara Phillips' gold-medal winning performance at the equestrian world championships has seen the former wild child hailed as a sporting hero - just like her mother was, 35 years ago. But is she really a major talent, or just a toff with lots of cash and a great horse.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/news/sto...src=rss&feed=1
Old 08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Riding high

Zara Phillips' gold-medal winning performance at the equestrian world championships has seen the former wild child hailed as a sporting hero - just like her mother was, 35 years ago. But is she really a major talent, or just a toff with lots of cash and a great horse.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/news/sto...src=rss&feed=1
What a nice article, thanks for posting that link.

As a former equestrienne, I just get so upset and my heart begin pounding when people even begin to suggest that someone such as Zara isn't as great at what she's doing as it would appear, and that she only has her position because of her royal heritage. But the article was good, they did quite a thorough investigation on what it means to be a rider on Zara's level.

The equestrian sports are really tough and competitive, to be a world class rider requires full and total dedication year-round - also on holidays. Even if you have all the money in the world, it can't buy you medals at the top competitions.

The fact that Zara found Toytown together with her father, bought it and has personally trained it and taught it everything for so many years proves to me that she's serious about her business.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
The equestrian sports are really tough and competitive, to be a world class rider requires full and total dedication year-round - also on holidays. Even if you have all the money in the world, it can't buy you medals at the top competitions.

The fact that Zara found Toytown together with her father, bought it and has personally trained it and taught it everything for so many years proves to me that she's serious about her business.
Having competed (along with my horses of course), fairly successfully, it annoys me that people think you can buy a horse, get on it and win anything going, without any effort.

I was never in Zara's league, as you say that takes absolute dedication and talent. She has truly worked hard to get where she is.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

A big Congrats to Zara! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as they say.
Her parents must be beaming with pride.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I am very happy to see Zara do so well. She's obviously worked very hard for years and years to achieve the level of skill she has. It takes hard work and long term dedication. And it's not just herself, but a team effort with Toytown. She needs to be an elite athlete and keep the horse at the same level of fitness and training too. It's the sort of achievement that speaks for itself - you can't fake something like that. She deserves to feel very pleased, as do her parents, who must be thrilled. I hope she goes on to the Olympics and wins there too.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
27-08-2006 Zara Phillips during the award ceremony at the World Equestrian Championship in Aachen.

Source: PPE
Old 08-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00
just read that she s became world champion in aachen i just wonder what the discipline was? i think i read sth of eventing or like that? just didn't understand what it means.. could anyone explain please?
Eventing nennt man auf Deutsch "Military" oder "Vielseitigkeitsprüfung". Gruß aus Bayern, Jo
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Eventing nennt man auf Deutsch "Military" oder "Vielseitigkeitsprüfung". Gruß aus Bayern, Jo
We're an English language Board Jo, translation please.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

British Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne, is awarded the gold medal by Princess Haya of Jordan after her victory in the single event of the versatility contest at the World Equestarian Games 2006 in Aachen, Germany, Sunday, 27 August 2006.
(photos byTalking Sport)
Old 09-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Gentry

great! good job Zara
Old 09-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Zara Phillips Most Likely Candidate For Sports Personality Award

After winning the European equestrian title earlier this week, Zara Phillips is a top favorite to win Britain's Sports Personality of the Year Award for 2006.

Just to emphasize how hard the girl had worked to achieve the Gold Medal
Quote:
The blonde royal has been getting up at 6:00 a.m. everyday for the last few years
to train.
And funny enough, I though she won the World equestrian title last month, not the European Gold (which she already had).

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips