Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's lovely to see Zara giving her Aunty Camilla a kiss!

very nice pictures, thanks Skydragon!
A lovely display of affection between Camilla and Zara.

Now, it's only the BBC sport Personality Award of the year, that's left for Zara to get.

That picture of Camilla and Zara is really lovely! :)
I know people often criticize her clothes but I think the way she dresses reflects her personality. A fresh and out-going young woman. Zara is somebody I would love to meet, I bet she would be really interesting!

That dress was a decent length it could have been shorter.

Zara is in the shortlist of 10 contenders, named for the 2006 BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award.

Ten compete for BBC Sport award
Zara makes BBC Sports Personality shortlist

Zara Phillips is one of 10 sports stars to make the short list for BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2006.

Phillips, who won a gold medal at the World Equestrian Games this year, will join tennis player Andy Murray and gymnast Beth Tweddle at the awards ceremony next Sunday at Birmingham NEC – to be screened live on BBC One ( 7.00-9.00pm, 10 December).
A public vote on the night will decide the eventual winner – Phillips is currently bookies' second favourite with odds of 10/3. Golfer Darren Clarke is the 4/1 favourite.

Last edited:
Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips arrive at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards on December 10, 2006 at the Birmingham NEC, in Birmingham, England. (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

Zara

iceflower said:
Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips arrive at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards on December 10, 2006 at the Birmingham NEC, in Birmingham, England. (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

Zara

She won :flowers:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t2::w00t2:
Zara won the BBC Sport Personality of the Year!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations to Zara! She certainly deserved it :flowers:
(I'm clutching a handkerchief)

Phillips wins top BBC Sport prize

Equestrian star Zara Phillips was named BBC Sports Personality of the Year with an victory in a public vote. The world and European champion beat Ryder Cup golf hero Darren Clarke, with gymnast Beth Tweddle in third.

Last edited:
Zara has just won the BBC Sports personality of the year award which was attended by her father, step-mother, brother Peter, his girlfriend Autumn Kelly and her boyfriend Mike Tindall. it also featured an interview with Princess Anne with Zara which was very relaxed and showed the informal relationship between mother and daughter

How many times do you think the Queen and her household voted????

Last edited:
PrincessofEurope said:
How many times do you think the Queen and her household voted????

I am sure that a couple of members of the Queen's household (and who knows, maybe the Queen herself :rolleyes:) did vote, however this was a very derserved victory, that would not be achieved without the 'regular' people (not from the Queen's household and non-relatives) thinking she did deserve the awaed and voting for her. :cool:

Last edited:
Many congratulations to Zara. She certainly deserved the award.

:clap: Wow! Another award for Zara. I was able to watch the presentation online. A truly deserving reward for such a talented young woman. It was nice to see her family there to support her.

Congratulations Zara!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Zara! I happened to switch onto the Beeb as she was speaking to Sue Barker about being nominated and she came across as a very well-grounded individual. She doesn't even "sound Royal"!

Forelock-tuggers make for a right royal farce

IT WAS tempting to switch off right at the start, when Gary Lineker implied we had all been terribly saddened by the underperformance in 2006 of England's cricket, football and rugby union teams.

http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1843092006

:rolleyes:

Riddle of Zara's frog prince is solved by Sportsmail

The unsung hero behind the crowning of Zara Phillips as the BBC Sports Personality of the Year used to be riddled with ringworm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1771&ito=1490

Skydragon said:
Having competed (along with my horses of course), fairly successfully, it annoys me that people think you can buy a horse, get on it and win anything going, without any effort.

I was never in Zara's league, as you say that takes absolute dedication and talent. She has truly worked hard to get where she is. :flowers:
Exactly! I have show jumpers and I cant tell you how many people will say "Well, the horse does all the work. You just get on."My reply is always "Well,If you'd like to try, I'm happy to loan you a horse to have a go. How about I set the jumps at 1meter?" I think people not in the sport, particularly in the USA where it is not a widely followed sport do not understand how dedicated someone like Zara has to be to accomplish what she has. I mean, the horse doe not care who your grandparents are!

I think that people who are not into showjumping don't understand regardless of what country they're from. Some of the British commentators in the papers are making less than informed comments. Reverse snobbishism?

You have to be an incredible athlete to do showjumping, with great balance and really strong legs.

I never showjumped but my riding teacher did and I admired her dedication and skill.

I love Zara so much. I was so proud watching her win because she worked very hard. I think she deserved the award. I was impressed with how genuine she seemed. She didnt see herself as better than any of the other competors because she was the queens grand daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom