The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Courtier

Sherelle's horse finds royal home

Sherelle's horse finds royal home

As Zara Phillips prepares to compete at Badminton Three-Day Event for the first time, she has revealed that one of her current horses belonged to the family of her close friend, the late Ulster rider Sherelle Duke.

And she paid an emotional tribute to Portadown woman Sherelle -the 28-year-old former World Young Rider champion who was killed instantly on August 20, 2006, when her horse, Ballystockart, tripped on a fence and fell on her during a cross-country event in Southampton.

Sherelle's horse finds royal home - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph

Old 05-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Zara washing down a horse 2 (isn't that Toytown?)
I don't think so, no blaze and it looks like a bay, Toytown is a chestnut.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I don't think so, no blaze and it looks like a bay, Toytown is a chestnut.
Thank you Skydragon.
I didn't remember Toytown was a chesnut. Which proves I should have a closer look at the World Champion!
In any case, this horse is very beautiful as well.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Nice to see Zara's cousins William and Harry out to support her. It's too bad that she wasn't able to finish the competition. Thanks Skydragon for posting the article and everyone for posting the pictures.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Courtier

Phillips asks to ride in Aachen trials

Phillips asks to ride in Aachen trials

Zara Phillips has asked Britain's selectors to allow her to compete in the Aachen horse trials in Germany in July as part of her preparation for the European championships in Italy this September, where she plans to defend her European title.

Equestrianism: Phillips eyes Aachen for Euro prep | Breaking news | Guardian Unlimited Sport
Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Courtier

A gold ring? Get your gold medal first, Dad tells Zara

I don't know how true this is or how anyone got the information for the Daily Mail, but any wedding plans between Zara and Mike are on hold for the time being.

A gold ring? Get your gold medal first, Dad tells Zara

After Prince William and Kate Middleton split, all eyes were on Zara Phillips to announce her engagement to rugby player boyfriend Mike Tindall. But I am sorry to report that it won't be happening this summer.

Zara, 25, had told her closest friends that, after getting secretly engaged at Christmas, the couple would make an official announcement in August. But now friends say the plan has been scrapped.

A gold ring? Get your gold medal first, Dad tells Zara | the Daily Mail=
Old 05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I ride show jumpers. When you have a 'once in a lifetime' horse like Toytown and you're coming into the Olympic trials/games, I cant imagine that she is focusing on much else. More than likely at the next Olympic games 4 years on, she will be married/pregnant/a mother of an infant. I say concentrate and take your best shot this year Zara!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know how true this is or how anyone got the information for the Daily Mail, but any wedding plans between Zara and Mike are on hold for the time being.

The Daily Mail is one of those tabloids which claims to have inside information but which doesn't seem to have anything of the sort since Diana stopped feeding information to Richard Kay. I suppose once in a while the random speculations will turn out to be true, but there's no real indication these days that the Mail's stories are any more reliable than any other tabloid.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Pics 13.5.2007

Zara Phillips Competes At Chatsworth Horse Trials:

Zara Philips rides her horse Ardfield Magic Star before the dressage stage at the Chatsworth Nissan
International Horse Trials, Derbyshire, England, 13.5.2007 - by Ben Stansall/Getty

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

May 15: 26th birthday of Zara Phillips

Happy Birthday Zara!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

Database Query

Zara has just got a 9th at Tattersalls which is one of Ireland's top horse shows. She was on the Sherelle Duke trained Glenbuck.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Pics 5.6.2007

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall at the Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards, Berkeley Square, London, Britain - 05 Jun 2007 - Peter has also been there ( see pic 4 )

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM

I like her with him so much more than Johnson. She looks great with a manly guy like him. I didn't like Tindall so much at first but he and Zara as a couple are growing on me. Things are going just quite well for them, I think.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Pics 8.6.2007

Zara Philips rides her horse Tsunami II before the dressage stage at the Bramham International Horse Trials on June 08 2007 in West Yorkshire, England. Ben Stansall/Getty Images

Pic 1 - Pic 2
Picture gallery from getty
Old 06-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tsunami II looks a darling, doesn't she!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the new pics of Zara Iceflower. I think Zara and Mike make a nice couple. They seem to balance each other quite well. Thanks for the pics of Peter and Autumn as well.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Tsunami II looks a darling, doesn't he!
He looks lovely to ride! If she gets tired of him I'll take him!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Tsunami 11

From the forum on HorseandHound, I've learnt that Tsunami 11 was bought as an experienced but difficult one-person-only-type mare.
http://www.bdwp.co.uk/cgi-bin/ds.pl

Also from the equestrian web sites, I've learnt that the horse is owned by Melanie Duff. A number of Zara's mounts are owned by others. Ardfied Magic Star and Red Baron come to mind.

Zara and Ardfield Magic Star are showing in Germany next weekend.
breaking news
Old 06-10-2007, 07:06 PM

On the topic of her horses, I think Toytown is the only one from the royal stud, right? Do you know if Toytown comes from the Sandringham stud?

Here is a photo of Zara and Mike at the Cheltenham races last March....
click (Majesty/own collection)
Old 06-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
On the topic of her horses, I think Toytown is the only one from the royal stud, right? Do you know if Toytown comes from the Sandringham stud?

Here is a photo of Zara and Mike at the Cheltenham races last March....
click (Majesty/own collection)
Zara (rather her father, Mark Phillips) bought Toytown in 1999.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips