The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

Zara is having a fantastic year. Good for her!

Old 12-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think that people who are not into showjumping don't understand regardless of what country they're from. Some of the British commentators in the papers are making less than informed comments. I never showjumped but my riding teacher did and I admired her dedication and skill.
Showjumping, Cross Country, Three Day Eventing and Hunter Trials are considered by British insurers as 'extreme sports' and not all of them offer insurance. They are all great fun and hard work, IMO!
You should take it up ysbel, you would probably enjoy it!

Old 12-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips arrive at Achievers Reception hosted by Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh at Buckingham Palace December 19, 2006 in London. (Photo by MJ Kim/Getty Images)
Pic 1
Old 12-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bets are on as Zara takes Mike to meet the grandparents

Zara Phillips took boyfriend Mike Tindall to meet the Queen as bookies made the couple odds-on to marry next year.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...nts/article.do
Old 12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Phillips First Senior Royal on New Year's Honour List
Princess Phillips in New Year's Hounours List

Quote:
Zara Phillips will crown a golden year by becoming the first senior member of the royal family to receive an award in the New Year's Honours list. The Guardian understands that Phillips, who is 11th in line to the throne, was nominated after her gold medal-winning performance in the three-day event at the World Equestrian Games this year and that an honour has been approved and accepted.
The highly unusual award caps a remarkable year in which Phillips, 25, won both the World and European championships and defied most predictions to capture the BBC Sports Personality of the Year prize.
I simply love how the second article made Zara Princess Phillips!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Phillips First Senior Royal on New Year's Honour List
Princess Phillips in New Year's Hounours List

I simply love how the second article made Zara Princess Phillips!
Especially as it's from "Buzzle.com - Intelligent life on the web"!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Gentry

Good for Zara.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Here are three more nice pics of Zara at the BGC Long Walk Hurdle Race run at Ascot Racecourse on December 16, 2006:
Zara 1
Zara 2
Zara 3
Old 12-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up

i found a some pictures for zara and family :

her parents

http://www.firstdanceimpressions.com...incessAnne.jpg

http://www.royalsignatures.com/image...mas%20Card.jpg

baby zara with royal family

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs1...ten1921-56.jpg

zara with william and harry:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/media...5_royal/11.jpg

http://web.planet.nl/specials/oranje...mages/zara.jpg

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...4488338823.jpg
Old 12-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal history as Zara gets MBE
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006590511,00.html
Old 12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Gentry

What is the addresse to send Zara a letter or card?

Thank you
Old 12-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Nobility

I know alot of people have made fun of Princess Anne's appearance but I think she is lovely. Very natural. What you see is what she is, no make up or stylists.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I haven't made fun of her, but I think she's very much overdue for a makeover. Her hair in particular is frankly unflattering and ageing as is her makeup. Her figure, however, is excellent for a 56 year old lady. She is a no-nonsense woman, but she does represent the Queen and the royal family, so she should put a little time into how she looks.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Zara Phillips Current Events 5: December 2006-September 2007

Welcome to the Part 5 of
the Current Events of Zara Phillips

Part 4 can be found here

Before posting, please remember:
  • This thread is for Current Events only
  • Only pictures you have written permission to post, can be shared here
  • No watermarked pictures can be posted here
  • You are free to agree or disagree but remember to stay civil
Enjoy posting!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Closed thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for the Current Events of Zara Phillips can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:14 PM

It's just been announced that Zara's got an MBE. Well done Zara!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It's just been announced that Zara's got an MBE. Well done Zara!
Congratulations to Zara!

Rod and Zara top New Year Honours

Singer Rod Stewart and equestrian gold medallist Zara Phillips are among those recognised in the New Year Honours.
The Queen's granddaughter and world champion is made an MBE and becomes the most senior royal to make a list, while Stewart's CBE is for services to music.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Zara on receiving her MBE. What a wonderful way for her to end 2006 with such an honour.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972
Congratulations to Zara on receiving her MBE. What a wonderful way for her to end 2006 with such an honour.
It's interesting, isn't it that her mother didn't want the ennoblement for her husband because she wanted her children to grow up as normal as possible. Now the daughter has started to climb the social ladder by herself and maybe one day we will see her enobled as Dame Zara Philipps, not because she is the granddaughter of a souverain but because for services rendered to her courntry.

BTW, could the queen create Zara a Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order? AFAIK she does not need the okay by the prime minister to do that?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
... maybe one day we will see her enobled as Dame Zara Philipps
IIRC, the nobility consists only of dukes and duchesses, marquises and marchionesses, earls and countesses, viscounts and viscountesses, and barons and baronesses but not knights or dames or baronets.

Tags
zara phillips