Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A DAY AT THE RACES FOR ZARA AND MIKE:

16 MARCH 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/16/zaraphillips/#enviar
Rugby star Mike Tindall indulged in one of his girlfriend Zara Phillips' favourite passions on Tuesday, accompanying her to the Cheltenham Horse Racing Festival.

The attractive young pair made a stylish impression at the event, despite the fact that Mike's dapper ensemble – a grey suit and funky blue tie – had to be accessorised with an awkward foot support due to a rugby injury.

Zara, meanwhile, was looking sexy and chic in patterned tights, knee-high boots and a miniskirt, the all-black outfit topped off with a belted jacket and cashmere cap.

The Queen's granddaughter had garnered further attention for her style sense this past weekend, as she put a piece from her trendy wardrobe on the celebrity auction block.

A gown she wore to the London premiere of Seabiscuit sold for £1,500 – more than the price tags of a signed belt from Madonna, a Versace bag owned by Elizabeth Hurley and a designer dress worn by Kate Winslet.

Proceeds from the sale went to the Asian tsunami appeal.

So Zara will be presenting the award this year? That seems like a rather 'royal' function. From my memory I only remember her doing one royal engagement, naming a ship, with her mother a while back.

Yes,she seemed doing Royal Engagements.Any pics of her yesterday on Day 3 of the Race?

Tabloid Speculation

From the Daily Mirror:

CLAIMS Zara Phillips will announce her engagement to England rugby ace Mike Tindall got a boost yesterday after hefty bets were placed - apparently by friends.
A spokesman for William Hill bookies said: "We are going to be cautious and close the betting before we get stung."

Zara was seen dragging 6ft 2in Bath centre Tindall around jewellers in December.

And Princess Anne's daughter encouraged speculation by wearing a ring on her engagement finger on New Year's Eve.

The couple met in Australia following England's 2003 World Cup victory.

It is believed any announcement will come after Charles and Camilla wed.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment.

I imagine Zara and Mike would have liked to announce their engagement sooner but uncle Charles got in the way! A few points:
Loved Zara's outfits the last two days, sorry that she wasn't there today(Thurs)
Giving out the cup for The Queen Mum's Champion Chase is not a royal engagemnt. Zara is president of 16-24 Club in her own right.
Thought the picture The Sun had on the front page on Wed was very unfair. Imagine someone standing there taking that picture in the first place. People are entitled to some respect, regardless of who they are.

Zara at Cheltenham races 5 years ago with her mother:

The pictures:

Attachments

• Zara1.jpg
    Zara1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 179
  • zara2.jpg
    zara2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 188
  • zara3.jpg
    zara3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:
No wedding bells for Lady Zara

From Archivesgotha:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4281495

Zara Quashes Engagement Rumours

By Laura Elston, PA Deputy Court Correspondent

Zara Phillips quashed rumours today of an engagement to rugby star boyfriend Mike Tindall.

In a chatty informal radio interview, the royal was quizzed on whether World Cup-winning Tindall had asked, or was going to ask her to marry him.

She laughed, then joked: “I hope not.”

The Princess Royal’s daughter and Tindall talked to BBC Radio Five Live side by side while attending Cheltenham races on Gold Cup day.

TV presenter Clare Balding, a friend of the couple, remarked on their marital status, saying “I thought we did know” – to which Zara replied: “No, no, no.”

Rumours have circulated that the pair were already engaged.

Balding remarked “He hasn’t asked?” – which prompted another “No, no” from Zara.

The presenter then said: “Is he going to?”.

Zara laughed and replied: “I hope not”.

The 23-year-old royal and burly sportsman Tindall joked their way through the on-air chat.

Tindall referred to Zara as his “better half”, while she accused him of stealing her racing tip.

Balding’s co-presenter John Inverdale questioned Tindall, who owns a bullmastiff, about his pets, describing them as “vicious beasts”.

Tindall quipped, making Zara burst out laughing: “You can’t talk about her like that. She’s not that bad.”

Zara, who previously dated top jockey Richard Johnson, was asked whether it was rugby players or jockeys who were more interesting to be with.

She remained diplomatic, saying: “That is a horrid question. Very different. Both very professional and very hardworking, but very different.”

Inverdale remarked that rugby players were bigger, with Zara saying: “That’s slightly obvious.”

Caption:
CHELTENHAM, UNITED KINGDOM: Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Royal (Anne) and grand daughter of The Queen, attends the Cheltenham Festival in Gloucetershire, 18 March 2005. AFP PHOTO ADRIAN DENNIS (Photo credit should read ADRIAN DENNIS/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 138
Whatr the heck did she wear to Charles' wedding? Not onley was it unflattering--it didn't fit!

I'm a guy, but even I agree that Zara could have worn something more classy. I didn't like the color or the fit of her dress.

Maybe it would be helpful if someone actually posted a picture of what Zara wore to the wedding of her uncle Charles to Camilla? :confused:

Zara's outfit was fine unto itself. But it was not appropriate for a wedding, royal or family or otherwise. The knee-high boots made the outfit even more inappropriate. For such a daytime wedding, Zara needed in the least a jacket over that dress and proper heels, not boots.

Zara breaks the rules

As an American, I liked the outfit, although it was completely gaudy. I'm an admirer of Zara's. Also, I have Czech Royalty in my family. I would date her, someday possibly, if the stars aligned properly.:)

Ah... so Jeff you have a crush on Zara. :)

I also think the outfit would have been appropriate anywhere, but a wedding.

what zara was wearing

Here's the dreadful dress. i agree... you don't wear knee-high boots and a psychadelic graphic and loud dress to the wedding of the future king of england. That's not fashion. Fashion is also being aware of what is appropriate and what is not for the occassion.

Attachments

• zara1.jpg
    zara1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 227
  • zara2.jpg
    zara2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 213
Machiavelli,

Yes. I don't really consider it a crush though, more like an attraction thing. I am (attracted) and she doesn't know who I am.

The boots were interesting. What I like most about Zara's attractiveness is that she is undaunting. She seems to have a quality that remains intangible, like a young maiden that refuses to be what she is destined to be. I know it sounds trite, but it is a very admirable quality. Honestly, I am enamoured with her.

There seems to always be rumors of Zara getting married. I can only hope that Zara will wait to get married. I think she is too young, not mature enough, and has not found the right man yet. But this is only my opinion.

I want her to get married! Then we can have another big royal event to watch!

machievelli said:
There seems to always be rumors of Zara getting married. I can only hope that Zara will wait to get married. I think she is too young, not mature enough, and has not found the right man yet. But this is only my opinion.
Is there a reason you think those things? (I'm just curious...) I ask only because I think the opposite of you. during her relationship with the horse jockey (Richard I believe) there were stories of how tumultuous things were and she seemed much more in your face about things, now it seems she much more content and relaxed in the public and it seems (in pictures) that she is truly happy. Granted all we are seeing are pictures, and those don't always tell the truth, but I also haven't heard much in the way of rumors about arguments and problems in her relationship with Mike. It seems from my point of view that this relationship has managed to ground her and if she were to chose to get married it would be a good thing.

Britters, you make some good points. However I have my own opinions and stated them in my earlier reply. I'm not basing my opinion on any rumors or pictures. I'm basing it on my gut feeling. Zara and I are around the same age. And I think Zara is too bloody young to be thinking of getting married. I think she needs to wait and experience life a lot more before she gets hitch. But like I stated this is only my opinion.

I think Zara is too bloody young to be thinking of getting married

I'm also around the same age than Zara, and I also think it's quite young to get married.

For how long did they date? About one year, if I remind well?correct me if I don't...

Maybe they should wait a bit before going to the chapel...because only time and personal evolution will tell if a marriage can last.

It's only my opinion, of course. I wish them good luck.

I understand that it's everyone's opinions, I was only stating mine, and maybe my personal opinion stems from the fact that I'm just a little under two years younger then Zara and am engaged...it's all up to a persons own feelings in the end I guess.
I don't think there such a thing as getting married to young. One can never truly know if they are ready without taking a chance and finding out. That's what life is about, taking chances.

I liked the colours of the dress, but I don't think the style was appropriate. Perhaps it would have looked better with a different hat, and shoes instead of boots?

I'm not too sure if I'm crazy about what Zara wore to the wedding. I mean I like the Pucci dress, hat and boots as individual pieces. However, I'm not too sure if I would have worn them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom