Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Zara's children will have no titles, unless she marries a man with a title and they chose to pass their titles on. It is my understanding that even if she was given the title Princess as is her birthright her children would still have no title unless their father did as British titles flow through male lineage...

I don't think it's her birthright to be styled Princess; only grandchildren of the Queen through the male line are considered to be royal.

Where's Marlene when we need her?

When Princess Anne married I believe a title would have been bestowed upon Capt. Mark Phillips, however he and Anne didn't want their children to hold titles, and after discussions they chose not to have a title bestowed upon the Captain...therefore making it impossible for Peter and Zara to hold titles, unless later "given" them or marrying into titles (for Zara only).

So I guess in a way you are right Elspeth...the title is still Zara's birthright, but because her father didn't hold one, she doesn't either...it's such a twisted and confusing system...hard to follow at times.

To clear up the subject of Zara's title it should be noted that Mark Philips declined an en-noblement, that is, the title of Duke downwards. For Zara to have been a Princess the Queen would have to have created Mark a Prince which was never an option. Thus the highest title Zara would ever have held in her own right would have been "Lady" (Like Sarah Armstrong-Jones has because Tony Armstrong-Jones, her father, accepted an Earldom on marrying Proincess Margaret). So to say the title of Princess was ever going to be Zara's birthright is a falsehood.

How re-assuring for the Queen that as she embarks on her State visit to Germany that her eldest gradaughter is involved in a row involving accusations of grevious bodily harm and racism. Zara Philps and Mike Tindall were enjoying a drunken night in Dublin in the company of Mike's fellow rugby pals when professional English footballer Stan Collymore accused Mike and his pals of giving him a vicious racist beating whilst Zara screamed at him F*** off Stan you F****** kiffner (kiffner being an old South African word for n*****.

ennyllorac said:
Was this information in newspapers?
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1265832004

Royal 'warned Collymore'

EX-FOOTBALLER Stan Collymore claimed today that the Princess Royal’s daughter tried to warn him away from a nightclub confrontation with a group of rugby stars.

Collymore said Zara Phillips suggested he leave the Lillies Bordello club in Dublin during an incident between the footballer and members of the Bath rugby team.

He said he spoke briefly to Ms Phillips on the balcony of the club early on Sunday, when she warned him against approaching the players who were sitting inside the bar.

Well that is a good remark in Zara's boat then. She tried to talk him out of a fight that would cause negative attention...

Well actually this is not a note in Zara's favour. She was not so much encouraging Mr.Collymore not to get in a fight as to advising him to try and leave the nightclub without being attacked (by the rugby group there among whom was her boyfriend Mike Tindall whom Mr. Colloymore named as one of his attackers). If she is so benevolent I suppose her screeming advice of "F*** off Stan" must have been a word of warning as opposed to being a racist outburst. Although I must say that if I were attached to a partner of such anti-social leanings as Mr. Tindall I would terminate the relationship as soon as I suspected his violent tendancies. Clearely Zara has not done this as the recent pictures of her and Tindall prove.

Some nice rumours... :) It would be nice if they did get married next year, but they should both feel they're ready for this. Article from Sunday Mirror:

ZARA T0 WED
Dec 26 2004

She gets engaged in secret to England rugby star

By Euan Stretch, Chief Reporter

ROYAL pin-up Zara Phillips has secretly got engaged to her rugby star boyfriend, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

Pretty blonde Zara, 11th in line to the throne, squealed "Yes" when England and Bath star Mike Tindall popped the question last month

Now the beautiful blonde royal has been dragging her 6ft 2inch fiance around jewellery shops in London and Bath in search of the perfect engagement ring.

Sports-mad Zara, 23, is insisting that they choose a traditional diamond ring before making an official announcement.

A friend of the England vice-captain said: "Mike proposed to Zara some weeks ago, though it has not yet been made official.

"He's been a lazy so-and-so and hasn't bought a ring for her yet.

"Zara's nagging him to get his act together and find one sharpish.

"And because she wants to help choose the ring, she's been dragging him around dozens of jewellery shops.

"Mike would be happy if he never saw the inside of another jewellery store again. He's sick of looking at them.

"But he acknowledges that he will have to pick one sooner or later - though it's not easy picking something suitable for the Queen's grand-daughter."

The England centre, currently suffering a foot injury, is also being mercilessly ribbed by his Bath team-mates over his royal ring dilemma.

His rugby pal added: "The squad find it hilarious that Mike's been given grief by Zara. They're joking that he's got plenty of time on his hands to look for a ring because he is off injured.

"The lucky devil is spending most of his time tucked up in bed with Zara. They can't keep their hands off each other."

Horsewoman Zara and Mike, 26, are expected to announce their engagement in the New Year.

Before that Mike will spend Boxing Day with Zara and the Royal Family on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk.

He has also been invited to celebrate the New Year with Zara and her family at Buckingham Palace.

Strongman Mike, weighs 16st 8lbs, has already met the Queen and Zara's parents, Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips.

Earlier this year he and other members of the England World Cup winning rugby squad were presented with MBEs at Buckingham Palace.

He is likely to miss the opening match of the RBS Six Nations tournament in Cardiff against Wales on February 5 due to foot and a shoulder injuries.

Zara and Mike first met in Australia after England's victory in the rugby World Cup in November last year.

Her three-year romance with National Hunt jockey Richard Johnson, 27, was coming to an end.

They didn't start dating until the beginning of this year and were finally photographed frolicking together on a Caribbean holiday in August. Mike often spends evenings at Zara's £300,000 stone cottage in Minchinhampton, near Stroud, Glos - just a short drive from her mother's Gatcombe estate.

He lives with his Staffordshire bull terrier Misty in a third-floor flat in a pretty street in nearby Bath .

Former Exeter University student Zara - who narrowly missed being picked for the British Olympic eventing team this year - says she likes sporty men who make her laugh.

He ex-boyfriends include doctor's son Will Marien, who she met in 1999 in Sydney.

She then fell for another Australian - 6ft Angus Murray - head boy of Australia's oldest public school, King's. But in 2000 she started a three-year affair with jockey Richard Johnson.

Just before last Christmas their rocky on-off relationship finally ended.

Zara then had a brief relationship with New Zealand All Blacks rugby star Caleb Ralph, 26, who flew 12,000 miles to see in the New Year on the Gatcombe estate.

It was when she finished with Caleb that she started dating Mike.

As the untitled only daughter of the Princess Royal, Zara Phillips - who has an older brother, Peter, 27 - has never been far from controversy.

She first got a reputation as "royal rebel" when she wore a punk-style stud in her tongue (long since removed).

From Hello Magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/12/30/zaraphillips/

GOOD ODDS ON ZARA NUPTIALS BUT BOOKIES NOT TAKING BETS
30 DECEMBER 2004

As bookies stopped accepting wagers on Zara Phillips marrying her rugby star boyfriend amid concerns over insider knowledge, speculation over the possibility of nuptials between the Queen’s granddaughter and Mike Tindall continues.

The bookmakers’ cold feet could be well founded as, according to insiders, the pairing is a possibility. And while wedding bells may not be imminent, they could well be on the cards for the future.

It seems likely, however, that Zara, who is cautious following the break up of her turbulent relationship with jockey Richard Johnson, would be keen to live with her beau before settling down. “There is absolutely no way that Zara would accept a proposal without living with someone first. She’s just too pragmatic,” a friend was quoted as saying in The Daily Mail.

If that is the direction the 23-year-old chooses, she might enjoy support from a surprising source – her grandmother. While the Queen is not in favour of cohabitating before marriage, according to a royal insider the monarch is realistic about the situation.

“In an ideal world the Queen would prefer a more traditional courtship, but she is also more than aware of the problems created by settling down too quickly.

Her own daughter married in haste at 23, only to be left deeply unhappy,” a source was reported as saying in the national daily.

And despite speculation over an engagement ring hidden beneath the white gloves Zara wore to church on Boxing Day, for now the pair seem happy to let their romance continue at its own pace. Indeed Princess Anne’s daughter made her feelings on the matter clear just a few months ago when she said:

“I don’t think I’ll be getting married soon. I’m just happy with the way it is at the moment – getting on with my life.”

1. Zara and her rugby-playing beau prepare to share the New Year's festivities together at the 23-year-old royal's home

2. It may not only have been just the weather which prompted the Queen's granddaughter to keep her hands covered over the holiday period

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 340
lilou said:
Zara philips and his boyfriend are fiancee. The queen are ok.

The cover of the "point de vue" magazine
http://www.pointdevue.fr/contenu/fr/default.php?rb=1
Until I see anything coming from Zara, or the Royal family I don't know that I can believe they are actually engaged. Although rumors have been flying since Christmas there has been no formal announcement from any party.

It's happy to hear that.Maybe the Wedding will be held this year or at least the engagement.

When Zara and Mike get married? its would not be long or short?

Sara Boyce

LONDON - JANUARY 24: (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne arrives at the Celebrity Screening for film "Meet The Fockers" at the Covent Garden Hotel on January 24, 2005 in London. The film is the sequel to 2000's hit comedy "Meet The Parents" and stars Blythe Danner, Robert De Niro, Barbra Streisand and Ben Stiller.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 234
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 230
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 230
Zara's career

glossypinky said:
She's not in school.She's working for a professional equestrian career.

I thought she was working on sport therapy (or homeopathic therapy) for horses or something of the like. Last I heard she was doing an apprenticeship. I know she is involved in more than just riding.

Zara and Mike Tindall attending The National Hunt Festival at Cheltenham Racecource today, pictures from Getty:

Attachments

• 52419052.jpg
    52419052.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 52419057.jpg
    52419057.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 52419053.jpg
    52419053.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 52419050.jpg
    52419050.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 52419047.jpg
    52419047.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 52419044.jpg
    52419044.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 152
But if we look clearly he is wearing 2 kind of shoes.His lest feet is one, and the other feet is another shoes.What's the matter?

It looks as though he has an injury to his right foot; that seems to be some sort of support footwear.

More pictures! The ones from day 1 (yesterday) are from Colourpress, the Getty ones are from today.

Attachments

• 2_1.jpg
    2_1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 2_2.jpg
    2_2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 2_3.jpg
    2_3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 159
  • COLOUR10128249.jpg
    COLOUR10128249.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 292
  • COLOUR10128250.jpg
    COLOUR10128250.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 232
  • COLOUR10128251.jpg
    COLOUR10128251.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 242
  • COLOUR10128252.jpg
    COLOUR10128252.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 220
  • COLOUR10128253.jpg
    COLOUR10128253.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 2_1.jpg
    2_1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 2_2.jpg
    2_2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Yes, he has a rugby injury.

Did everyone hear that her auctioned dress went for more than a Madonna autographed belt, an Elizabeth Hurley bag, and a Kate Winslet dress! Wow. And all for a good cause.

But i remember last year and many previous year, Princess Anne often attends the Race together with Zara but this year only Zara, and Zara also present the Award than Princess Anne did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom