Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she is just playing. I mean image what their children would look alike.

okay so it isn't just me then! Good!

She is so absolutly stunning that I can't see her with him!!!

Totally agree with you MegKnight. Mike Tindall has not been blessed with the good looks of his other rugby playing buddies like Johnny Wilkinson- now he is a stunner.

Equestrianism: Phillips dream is dead
By Alan Smith
(Filed: 07/05/2004)

The dream of Zara Phillips, the daughter of the Princess Royal, of following in her parents' Olympic footsteps was ended yesterday when it was announced that she and two other riders, Caroline Pratt and Rodney Powell, "are not required for selection".

The three were among 14 riders named last December as the World Class Performance squad from whom the five to compete for Britain in Athens would be chosen, but Toytown, on whom Phillips finished second at Burghley last September, was injured in January and has not since been out.

Yogi Breisner, the World Class Performance manager, said: "It was a very difficult decision to make, but with other riders going so well last weekend [at Badminton] it is only fair to make the riders aware they stand no chance of selection.

"We also decided it was in the best interests of the horse's future to take Toytown and Zara off the list to give them time to prepare for their autumn campaign."

Breisner added that Phillips took the decision "very philosophically" and, at 23, time is on her side.

Her mother rode in the Montreal Olympics in 1976 and her father, Captain Mark Phillips, was in the last British team to win an Olympic gold, in Munich, in 1972. :(

No Zara has no chance in Competing this year in Athens 2004, but there is a good chance she will compete in Bejing 2008.

Too bad for Zara. Your horse gets injured. Bummer. And yes, time is on her side. Equestrianism is one of the few sports that age really does not matter when it comes to competing.

Great new pics of Zara in Hello! this week. Does anyone know why she had them taken and who by?

Originally posted by Georgia@May 12th, 2004 - 1:13 pm
Great new pics of Zara in Hello! this week. Does anyone know why she had them taken and who by?
are you talking about the ones that analize her style?

Thanks for the great pics Dennism! Zara loos fab, and it was great to see her chatting with Fergie.. But Mike Tindall? Yuk! :yuk: That is one ugly bloke.. :lol:

Originally posted by duchie@May 21st, 2004 - 9:00 am
Thanks for the great pics Dennism! Zara loos fab, and it was great to see her chatting with Fergie.. But Mike Tindall? Yuk! :yuk: That is one ugly bloke.. :lol:
You´re welcome.

i looks pictures with Zara and Sarah,Duchess of York chats since Fergie got marriage to Prince Andrew but how nice to chat!

Sara Boyce

Thanks for the great picks Dennism.. Isn't it amazing how Zara xan go from regal to sporty in just a matter of days? Now that is what I call girl power.. :lol:

You´re welcome

Originally posted by duchie@May 21st, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Thanks for the great picks Dennism.. Isn't it amazing how Zara xan go from regal to sporty in just a matter of days? Now that is what I call girl power.. :lol:
Good one! ;)

I was wondering if anyone has transcribed the interview (or aticle, not sure) she gave, on the latest Hello! magazine, or knows where to find it? Pretty please? :unsure:

A TV documentry about Zara will be screened on channel 5 (UK) on Tuesday 22nd June. Her father, Mark Phillips, is taking part as are her friends.

Got to hand it to Zara, she was certainly honest.. :lol: Contrary to what most people think, she really enjoys all the attention. She's certainly helping to give the Monarchy a more human approch, even more so than Wills and Harry.. So three cheers for Zara! :flowers: The power girl still has as Britain's royal wild child..

Last edited by a moderator:
From Hello!

Zara Phillips swaps her horse for a buggy

1 JULY 2004

Though her equestrian Olympic dreams were recently sidelined, it's clear Zara Phillips hasn't lost her taste for sport.

The 23-year-old daughter of Princess Anne swapped her riding gear for a racing helmet on Wednesday as she took part in a motor buggy race at Windsor. The charity event was held to raise funds for a cause close to the young royal's heart, the Fortune Centre of Riding Therapy.

Down-to-earth Zara, who seems as comfortable in sporting circles as she does on the glamorous party circuit, recently spoke about the "normal upbringing" she and her brother had that helps keep her feet firmly on the ground.

"Both Peter and I have managed to have a pretty normal upbringing, it's just been really good, we have got some great friends from it," she said.

Thought the interview was fantastic. Zara managed to do more for the reputation of the British Monarchy in half an hour than Prince Charles or his sons ever have.

From Royal Rebel to Olympic Stardom?

Phillips tipped for gold

Zara Phillips has been tipped as a future Olympic champion despite missing out on the British three-day eventing team for Athens.

Phillips, who is 10th in the line to the throne, failed to secure selection after her horse Toytown was injured.

But Yogi Breisner, the team's performance director, told BBC Sport: "She's young enough to make a mark at a fair few Olympics in the future.

"And she's good enough to be a future gold medallist."

The 23-year-old has the perfect pedigree for further success in the sport.

Her mother, Princess Anne, represented Britain at the 1972 Olympics, while her father, Captain Mark Phillips, won gold in the team event four years later.

Zara Phillips is in the relative infancy of her career.

But on her debut in a four-star event at the 2003 Burghley Horse Trials she was just edged into second place by Pippa Funnell.

And Breisner added: "She's a very capable rider. Sadly this time around her horse was injured so she was immediately out of contention.

"She would certainly have been a contender for the team if that hadn't been the case. She's got the hunger you need to win."

Queen's grand daughter takes the limelight

Up until now, talk of Zara Phillips has been more about her tongue piercings, a high-profile relationship to the jockey Richard Johnson and her place in magazine FHM's top-100 sexiest women list.

But if sources in the equestrian world are to be believed, things are set to change quite drastically.

Earlier this year, Princess Anne's daughter made the shortlist of 14 for Great Britain's five-rider three-day eventing team but missed out because of an injury to her horse Toytown.

The signs are she has the makings of a great rider. Last year, she finished second against the world's elite at the Burghley Horse Trials, losing out to then world number one Pippa Funnell.

Even her more famous cousins have been impressed.

In a magazine interview at the beginning of the year, she said: "The boys, my cousins Prince William and Prince Harry, said, 'Oh my God, I didn't realise you were this good'."

Phillips, 11th in line to the throne, has become the new darling of British riding, thanks to both her talent and her model good looks.

But in riding circles, the focus has solely been on her competitive efforts.

Her father Mark Phillips, who won gold with the British team at the 1976 Olympics, said: "She's got natural talent on a horse, but I think to be a successful competitor, you've got to put in a lot of hours."

With a former gold medallist for a father and a mother who represented Britain at the 1972 Games, Phillips has the perfect pedigree to make it to the top, according to British performance director Yogi Breisner.

Breisner told BBC Sport: "You could say it's in the genes that she'll do well. She's certainly young enough to make a mark at a fair few Olympics in the future. And she's good enough to be a future gold medallist.

"She's a very capable rider. She's got the hunger you need to win."

Phillips has made her name at junior level as well, winning silver at the 2002 European Young Riders Championship as well being named in Britain's world-class performance squad.

Helping her along is her horse Toytown - the two enjoy the sort of understanding envied by many of the current crop of top riders.

Phillips has made it clear it would be her dream to ride in the Olympics and she admits she has support from all areas of her family.

She told the BBC earlier this year: "My father's not at home much because he's away with the Americans, but when he is around I do ask him for tips. My mum is based here and she's around all of the time so I do get a bit of input.

"And I often call my grandmother and tell her what my horse has been up to. Although she's the Queen, she's my grandmother and we don't have a different relationship because of who she is. She knows all the horses and likes to find out what's going on."

Her potential for future success depends on her focus primarily over the next two seasons.

But one rider impressed by her achievements to date is British team-mate Pippa Funnell.

"We've never had pressure on us like Zara's had because of her background," said Funnell. "It can only make her stronger."

:heart:

Three cheers for Zara! Congrads!! Hope she goes for the GOLD in Bejing.. :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree that Zara is a beauty. She is very pretty but Ella and Rose Windsor are what I consider beautiful.

James, you don't have much taste in woman if you think Ella and Rose Windsor are better looking than Zara!!!

Agreed! Zara is so much more stunning! Let us not forget it was Zara who was voted as one People's magazienes most beatiful people, and one of the top 100 sexiest women in the world! Zara is an English rose, whose spunky personality match her smashing good looks.. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom