The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Gentry

I wouldn't mind seeing Zara, Countess of Cheltenham lol

Old 12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

No I ment that the Queen wanted to make Peter a Prince. The Queen is a very modern women and I dont think she minds titles passing from women to their kids. She support women bishops too. The feminist side of her is not to well known. She offered to make him a Prince as the son of the Queens only daughter. But Anne rejected it because she was didnt want and neither did Mark.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No I ment that the Queen wanted to make Peter a Prince. The Queen is a very modern women and I dont think she minds titles passing from women to their kids. She support women bishops too. The feminist side of her is not to well known. She offered to make him a Prince as the son of the Queens only daughter. But Anne rejected it because she was didnt want and neither did Mark.
I agree, after all we are in 2005 helloooooooooooo
women and men with the same rights always!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
I agree, after all we are in 2005 helloooooooooooo
women and men with the same rights always!!!!!!!!!

And if we think about it, without the constitutional rule that men come before women, Anne is 4th and Zara 6th in the order of sucession.... that's certainly food for thought!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
The Queen never offered to make Peter Phillips a Prince of the UK. She did offer Mark Phillips an earldom (which is standard practice) upon marriage so their children would have courtesy styles, but Mark declined it with Anne's support.

Edward VII elevated his Fife grandaughters to HH Princess of Great Britain & Ireland when he made their mother the Princess Royal, but that was a long time ago and a different era. I highly doubt the Queen would do the same.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
The Queen never offered to make Peter Phillips a Prince of the UK. She did offer Mark Phillips an earldom (which is standard practice) upon marriage so their children would have courtesy styles, but Mark declined it with Anne's support.

Edward VII elevated his Fife grandaughters to HH Princess of Great Britain & Ireland when he made their mother the Princess Royal, but that was a long time ago and a different era. I highly doubt the Queen would do the same.
If she was a loving grandmother she would. It must feel awful to have your other cousins have titles and you to be 'common' I mean imagine how it would feel being a 24-year-old and having to curtsey to 16-year-old Beatrice. It would be humilating...:(
Old 12-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeap
If she was a loving grandmother she would. It must feel awful to have your other cousins have titles and you to be 'common' I mean imagine how it would feel being a 24-year-old and having to curtsey to 16-year-old Beatrice. It would be humilating...:(
Theres nothing wrong with being common...he cant be a prince cos thats the way the law is......and im sure that he doesnt have to curtsey to his cousins....they all seem really normal and chill i dont thinlk they are pompous or anything....besides im sure that peter loves being normal and not being constantly followed....zara is starting to get followed more and more...yet shes not a princess
Old 12-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:

Not giving peter a title has nothing to do if she's a loving grandmother or not ....I've read that the queen and prince philip) are very fond of peter...however, mark phillips didn't want a title and anne support it .......
Old 12-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The royal family is informal with each other in private and no one curtseys or bows to each other based on their ranks and styles. Everyone does observe formalities to the Queen, but only if other guests are present.

Peter and Zara don't need titles to be royal. They are grandchildren of the Queen and in the line of succession and that's good enough.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

I have to agree with the comments posted. Peter and Zara don't need titles. Their parents wished that they would grow up as normal as possible for 2 people whose grandmother is the Queen of England. They respect their royal heritage and the Queen is very fond of her 2 oldest grandchildren. I'm sure at first the Queen was a little disapointed that they didn't have titles, but it was what Princess Anne and Mark Phillips wanted. She accepted that. And I think both of them have grown up in to fine adults because of the decision their parents have made.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

May I point out that even if Peter and Zara had titles they would still have to bow/cursty to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in public because of the line of sucsseion. Besides they both seem to be happy.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS
May I point out that even if Peter and Zara had titles they would still have to bow/cursty to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in public because of the line of sucsseion. Besides they both seem to be happy.
They most certaintly would not have to bow to Princess Eugune and Beatrice if they were HRH the Prince and Princess of England, they would be the same rank as the York girls. The only people they would curtsey to would be The Queen, Prince Philip, The Prince of Wales, and if they choose, their mother out of respect. :)

Anyway, who knows what the future will hold. Maybe one day we will get our Countess Zara...
Old 12-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
They most certaintly would not have to bow to Princess Eugune and Beatrice if they were HRH the Prince and Princess of England, they would be the same rank as the York girls. The only people they would curtsey to would be The Queen, Prince Philip, The Prince of Wales, and if they choose, their mother out of respect. :)

Anyway, who knows what the future will hold. Maybe one day we will get our Countess Zara...
im not sure about answer that question but Zara and her brother dont have titles! but her father dont have title also but her mother still as Princess but she still member of Royal Family i dont think her grandmother would give her titles when get married but we have wait and see what happened
Old 12-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Courtier

I don't think it is the title. But I think Zara would like doing the 'job' of being royal. She is already that Patron of two organinzations that I know of and it seems that she enjoys doing stuff like that. I don't know about now I think she is happy with her athletics and she might be able to combine the two. It seemed for a few years she was a little lost and what to do. I don't think she would have minded being expected to be carrying out royal duties. (Although once she started riding she might have wanted to stop)

I have always heard that The Queen and Prince Philip are really close to Peter and Zara (as my cousins usually point out the oldest is always the favorite).
Old 12-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

The laws of succession mean that Andrew is 4th in line to the throne, not Anne. Therefore Beatrice and Eugenie (being the children of the 4th in line) come before Peter and Zara.:) It follows the male line.
Zara seems to be far too happy having a life of her own to worry about titles.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is a reasonably good site for the correct line of succession.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Rsucc.html

Being so far down the list, they would have to courtsey/bow to Prince Philip, Camilla, Sophie and Louise, as well as those before them in the line's wives/husbands.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
The laws of succession mean that Andrew is 4th in line to the throne, not Anne. Therefore Beatrice and Eugenie (being the children of the 4th in line) come before Peter and Zara.:) It follows the male line.
Zara seems to be far too happy having a life of her own to worry about titles.
true, but she is her mother's daughter and she may really become a great asset to the monarchy, doing more charity work and such. The Queen or possible future King Charles or William may reward Zara with an Order of the Garter or something like that, much like the Queen did for the Princess Royal. Zara seems to share her mother's liking of hard work, so I can see this happening.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I definitly see Zara in the future being honored with many Knighthoods and doing many great things. She does not need to do any good at all or work at all yet she does and I admire her for that. Maybe in the future she might get more involved with the UN and become a goodwill ambassador or something else. I see her doing many great things for people out of the goodness of her heart. I think she will become very popular in the future. A great asset to the monarchy and Kingdom.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:20 AM

Supposedly Zara is studying veterinary medicine somewhere? yet we hear nothing about this, only that she is PResident of Club whatever at the Cheltenham racecourse and also has some other official charity role, but what has this to do with her studies? She wants to do something with equine physiology, according to Majesty Magazine, but is she actually enrolled somewhere to pursue this?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Supposedly Zara is studying veterinary medicine somewhere? yet we hear nothing about this, only that she is PResident of Club whatever at the Cheltenham racecourse and also has some other official charity role, but what has this to do with her studies? She wants to do something with equine physiology, according to Majesty Magazine, but is she actually enrolled somewhere to pursue this?
This seems to answer your question, so I don't think she is studying to be a vet.:)
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/101972004.htm

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips