The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Royal Highness

According to AP, Zara Phillips, at the River Mill bakery after owner Gerald Shand won an auction to have Zara work for him as his P.A. for the day and paid NZ$70,000, at Huntly, New Zealand, Thursday, October 27, 2005. The money went to the Catwalk Trust.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hun10410270131
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hun10310270124
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hun10110270119

If the link doesn't work, copy/paste should do.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
According to AP, Zara Phillips, at the River Mill bakery after owner Gerald Shand won an auction to have Zara work for him as his P.A. for the day and paid NZ$70,000, at Huntly, New Zealand, Thursday, October 27, 2005. The money went to the Catwalk Trust.
If the link doesn't work, copy/paste should do.
Polfoto 27-10-2005 New Zealand businessman and baker Gerald Shand with Zara Phillips, British Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter after Shand won an auction to have Zara work for him as his P.A. for the day and paid NZ$70,000, at Huntly, New Zealand, Thursday October 27, 2005. The money went to The Catwalk Trust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP440821_guest.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	206473   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP440822_guest.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	206474  

Old 10-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Pics from Getty

NZL: Zara Phillips Visits Bakery
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56...8FAE54CF6EC786

Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Commoner

Zara and the Bakery

Sounds like a good time for the 70 grand. Well done.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Gentry

Zara Phillips is The Sunday Times Sportswoman of the Year

LONDON, November 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Zara Phillips, this year's individual gold medallist at theEuropean three-day Eventing Championships at Blenheim Palace, was announced as The Sunday Times Sportswoman of the Year last night.

Readers of the newspaper voted her the winner from a shortlist of six, which included Dame Ellen MacArthur and Paula Radcliffe.

The awards, now in their 18th year, honour outstanding achievement at every level of women's sport. They were presented at a dinner at Old Billingsgate Market in London.

Guests included Zara and her boyfriend,Mike Tindall, the England rugby player, double Olympic gold medallist rower James Cracknell, Kirsty Gallacher, Gabby Logan, Clare Connor, Beverley Turnerand Lord Sebastian Coe.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005530719,00.html
Zara: love for pal Mike
PRINCESS Anne’s daughter Zara Phillips has spoken of her love for rugby star boyfriend Mike Tindall — saying they are “best mates”.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Gone are the days when Zara Phillips was known as the royal rebel, famous for her tongue studs and rowdy parties. These days Princess Anne's daughter has been hitting the headlines for all the right reasons.
I wonder if Zara ever resents the fact that she doesnt have a title...
Old 11-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Gentry

I think she secretely does. And how ironic it is that the one without the title recieves the most attention. I think Zara should be made a Lady (no pun intended!)
Old 11-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zara Philips, center, the granddaughter of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the girlfriend of England rugby player Mike Tindall, applauds from the stands before the international rugby match between England and New Zealand at Twickenham stadium in London, Saturday Nov. 19, 2005. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Here are some caps from the BBC that a buddy of mine did back on November 17th for his Yahoo group:

Old 11-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Royal Highness

I think Zara should be given a title too! She could do great things for the Royal Family, and a title would probably give her a boost if she ever took on official duties or something. Do you ever think she turns to Princess Anne and says "Mom, why didn't you let me have a title? I don't have a normal life anyways!"
Old 11-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Administrator

I don't think Zara wishes she had a title. As life moves on her fame will fade a little bit and she will have the life that Princess Anne wanted for her daughter. Let's face it..she will always get attention because she the Queen's grand daughter but as soon as Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie get a little order PLUS Harry and William get married the press will move on a bit.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

With all the speculation about down-sizing the BRF, even if Zara had wished she has a title before, she will be glad she doesn't have one later. For those who treats lineage volumnes like the Bible, they don't need a title to know her bloodline.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Gentry

Zara is the modern day people's princess. That's the best tiel she can ever have.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
For those who treats lineage volumnes like the Bible, they don't need a title to know her bloodline.
Quite. How many people can say "there's my name in the list of the Line of Succession to the Throne"?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Zara to be quizzed on BBC show 'A Question of Sport' http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1645&Itemid=2
Old 11-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

She 'could' be given a title still...but she would have to earn it I would think. She would have to make it her life to serve the Queen's (and by then the King's) subjects. In other words...work like her mother! I highly doubt it will ever happen...she wasn't raised with that same sense of duty as her mother (and rightfully so). She does a lot of charity work, which is great - but she hasn't made it her life.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

It's very PC now to think someone needs to prove themselves deserving of a title. But it's always been the monarch's prerogative to give titles to whomever they please. There are plenty of titled nobilities going around without doing any charity work.

Also, if Zara gets on the Olympic team and win a medal, a lot of people would think that will make her deserving of a title, with or without any charity work.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen offered to make Peter a prince when he was born but Anne rejected that. I think Zara doesnt want a title. She has her intresets and knows being the Queens granddaughter gives her enough publicity to help her charities. I think the Queen might offer Zaras future husband a minor title when she marries. But, if she marries Mike. I dont think he will take a title. I dont think he is that type of guy and still wants a career. But hey, who knows. I wouldnt mind a Lady Zara or Countess Zara.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
The Queen offered to make Peter a prince when he was born but Anne rejected that.
I think you mean the Queen offered to create a title for Mark Phillips when he married Princess Anne so that any children would bear courtesy or subsidiary titles. As we know, Anne was against the idea. It would be highly unlikely that HM made an offer to create Peter Phillips a Prince of the United Kingdom.

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips