Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zara does it again with sportswoman crown
She may have been born into a privileged family but the Queen's granddaughter, horsewoman Zara Phillips, has never been afraid of hard work. This week the early nights, constant training and the royal's true grit were recognised as she received two special equestrian accolades.......
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/12/16/zaraphillips/

Photos from HELLO magazine.

Attachments

• zara-dop2a.jpg
    zara-dop2a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 217
  • zara-dop1a.jpg
    zara-dop1a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 188
fanletizia said:
Zara Phillips poses with the award for Outstanding Achievement at the Sports Journalists' Association Awards at the Radisson SAS Portman Hotel on December 15, 2005 in London, England
more from uk press

Attachments

• Sports_J_Awards_23-UKP.jpg
    Sports_J_Awards_23-UKP.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Sports_J_Awards_24-UKP.jpg
    Sports_J_Awards_24-UKP.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Sports_J_Awards_29-UKP.jpg
    Sports_J_Awards_29-UKP.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
For a celebration of sportsmenship, that's awful lot of wine bottles on the table.:)

Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne, arrived at the re-opening party of the jewellery store Asprey, situated on London's exclusive Bond Street.

from newscom

Attachments

• zumalive357122.jpeg
    zumalive357122.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 195
Zara and Mike Riding High At The Races
Zara Phillips' winning form continued on New Year's day as she and boyfriend Mike Tindall cleaned up at the races. The pretty royal was left jumping for joy after she and her beau picked a winner at Cheltenham on Sunday afternoon.................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/03/zaraphillips/

Photos from HELLO magazine

Attachments

• zara-dop1a.jpg
    zara-dop1a.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 204
  • zara-dop2a.jpg
    zara-dop2a.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 208
I really like Zara. To me she is like Sarah Jessica Parker. Not the typical beauty but she is beautiful and her horsey features dont deture that. She is out there and a little different. I really like that. I hope she marries next year. She seems so happy with Mike. Isnt Mike a Sir. Would she become a lady upon marrying him.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Isn't Mike a Sir. Would she become a lady upon marrying him.
Mike's a Mister so she would become a Mrs.

1st Training Session For The Great Britain Team

Headline: 1ST TRAINING SESSION FOR THE GREAT BRITAIN TEAM IN THE FORTHCOMING WORLD EQUESTRIAN GAMES, BRITAIN - 15 FEB 2006

Subhead: Zara Phillips Zara Phillips is among 11 of the country's top 12 riders who this week have gathered for a period of concentrated training at Eddie Stibbe's well-equipped Waresley Park in Bedfordshire. The riders are preparing for the forthcoming World Equestrian Games. Last year, keen horse-rider Zara made an impact on the equestrian world, picking up several prizes for performances in various show-jumping events. Last year 24-year-old Zara was named Sportswoman of the Year by The Sunday Times newspaper. She also took glory at the London International Horse Show, where she received the trophy for Event Rider of the Year.

Attachments

• 574497C.jpg
    574497C.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 574497G.jpg
    574497G.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 574497F.jpg
    574497F.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 167
  • 574497E.jpg
    574497E.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 574497D.jpg
    574497D.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 574497B.jpg
    574497B.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 574497A.jpg
    574497A.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 174
Good luck to Zara. I hope she does well at the world equestrian games as she is talented like her parents.

Zara with her boyfriend in Cheltemham Festival
Uk Press

Zara is so beautiful,determined,strong... I wish I could be like her :p
She's the Wonder Woman lol
;]

Does anybody know if Zara stills with her tongue pierced?
How old was she when she pierced her tongue?

She had her tongue pierced when she was 16 years old.

She doesn't have her tongue pierced in these days

Last edited:
Zara Phillips copes with muddy conditions before competing Tsunami II in the cross-country competition and riding Red Baron in an Advanced Intermediate Dressage competition at the British Eventing Gatcombe Horse Trials. Getty Images

Attachments

• zara-dop1a.jpg
    zara-dop1a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 184
  • zara-dop2a.jpg
    zara-dop2a.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 193
just a little curiosity of the newly released movie, v for venedette, staring natalie portman and zara.

"The graphic novel V for Vendetta contains a reference to "Queen Zara"; it is implied that following a nuclear war in the 1980s she was the most senior survivor in the order of succession"

taken from wikipedia

V for Vendetta

I did not hear mention of the "Queen Zara", nor did I remember seeing anyone that was like a ruler except the John Silber-ish (former candidate for governor of MA) looking John Hurt. Quite a movie though, sort of a glimpse of an Orwellian nightmare. If Zara were Queen she would make a great one, although order-of-succession right now gives the edge to Charles, then possibly William. I don't consider the fact that Zara may or may not be Queen, you know? She seems to be very happy where she is right now. Quite an athlete and an all-around good person, Zara embodies that which we strive to be in life. Tindall is also one of the good guys, apparently, and because he is such a big dude and successful in rugby, he is a good guide to being successful athletically. He's one of the rougher looking guys, but I do suppose that they look good as a pair.:)

Ok, I realize this may be the stupidest question ever, but I recently got into a small argument with my boyfriend about how to pronounce the name "Zara". I've always pronounced it as rhyming with Mara, but he believes it rhymes with Sarah because his cousin's name is Zara and she pronounces it that way. I guess you could pronounce it both ways, but how does Zara Philips actually pronounce it?

GreenLily - the way you pronounce it (rhyming with Mara) is the correct way.

March 14, 2006
Zara Phillips , daughter of the Princess Royal , rides Toy Town in the Dressage at the Easco Eventing World Cup qualifers at Burnham Market International Horse Trials at Burnham Market , Norfolk.

photos by Chris Radburn for DPA

Attachments

• 017801_4.jpg
    017801_4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 018401_4.jpg
    018401_4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 018701_4.jpg
    018701_4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 182
So how is Zara doing on the equistrian circuit? Is she winning?

Zara (pronunciation)

I was always wondering about the pronunciation and semantically why it is prounounced that way! It must be from the Greek pronunciation and that is why the name remains Zayr-a to many people. If I could make an educated guess, and I must since I don't believe I have any books with the pronunication, the Greeks must pronounce it Zawr-a. Much like the pronuciation of Italians or Spaniards. As these languages are derivative of each other, and knowing that Charles wanted a unique name for Zara, I must believe that he would want the correct pronunciation. As I am an American, I had her pegged in my mind as Zayr-a, the correct pronunciation for Dictionary-English speaking peoples. However, the pronunciation resides in a unique idea by Charles and furthermore the idea itself qualifies it to be a great nomenclature, one of the rarest of names. I will be honest, I had hopes that, and since the fact remains that we don't hear her name in the states, her name would be pronounced Zayr-a, because of the great biblical figure Abraham, and his estranged wife (yet still great), Sara of B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom