The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's Zara today with her horse Ardfeld Magic Star, which she competed with in the Osberton Horse Trials at Osberton Hall in Nottinghamshire. From Getty.

I miss the times when we could see Märtha Louise and Madeleine in the saddle...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52776372.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	138974   Click image for larger version

Name:	52776399.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	138975   Click image for larger version

Name:	52776402.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	138976   Click image for larger version

Name:	52776403.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	138977  

Click image for larger version

Name:	52776404.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	138978   Click image for larger version

Name:	52776405.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	138979   Click image for larger version

Name:	52776406.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	138980   Click image for larger version

Name:	52776407.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	138981  

Old 05-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots GrandDuchess and Micas.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

Is plesure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice pics::::
Old 05-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Nobility

hope she will join the 2008 Olympics:)

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
hope she will join the 2008 Olympics:)
I think she is hoping to.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:25 AM
Aristocracy

Question Quite Right

Anyway, why did Zara not participate at Burghly or at Windsor? She is still competing just not at the bigger competitions, it seems. Anyone have any idea?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zara Phillips savours Toytown outing Written by Angelina Monday, 06 June 2005 Zara Phillips, the Princess Royal's daughter, welcomed back her prime partner Toytown yesterday as the horse returned after 18 months out with injury at the Longleat trials.

But Newbury-based Dan Jocelyn, of New Zealand, took the plaudits by winning the Open Intermediate with his 15-year-old Olympic Games partner, Silence.

He beat Sacha Pemble and The Cointreau Challenge by just 0.3pts with Amanda Taylor and Patrick's Well in third. Jocelyn now heads for the Luhmuhlen Four Star event in Europe the week after next.

Phillips also rode her eight-year-old chesnut, Secret Legacy, into second place in the Intermediate, after a good dressage, with just one fence down in the show jumping and a classy ride over the 25-fence cross-country course.

Success went to the Chipping Sodbury-based Nick Gauntlett on Brook Lane, by virtue of a slightly faster cross-country. He also won two novice classes and was a runner-up - all on young horses.

Meanwhile, Phillips impressed on Toytown, who last competed at Burghley in 2003, and on whom she won the European silver medal in 2001.

She has progressed steadily, having competed at Chatsworth in the dressage and show jumping only, and was seventh in the Rolleston Advanced.

Yesterday she led the dressage phase and had an impressive show jumping clear round but chose not to go to cross-country with the Luhmuhlen Four Star event in her sights next week. A good performance could put them in the running for the British squad for the European Championships at Blenheim Palace in September.

Open Intermediate: 1 Silence (Dan Jocelyn), 48.3pts, 2 The Cointreau Challenge (Sasha Pemble), 48.6, Patrick's Well II (Amanda Taylor), 51.1. Intermediate R: 1 Brook Lane (Nick Gauntlett), 46.2, 2 Secret Legacy (Zara Phillips) 50.1, 3 Deli Heartbeat (Sally Gentle), 54.3. Advanced Intermediate: 1 Who's Blitz (Dag Albert) 50.9, 2 Filbury Hill (Andrew Nicholson) 51.7, 3 Duddles (Andrew Nicholson) 53.5.

By Devina Cannon (Filed: 06/06/2005)
Telegraph
Old 06-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

I think she is awesome...Princess Anne raised both of her children right and she is to be commended for that.

Zara seems like a normal, down to earth young woman, who is not the least bit snobby.

Also, thankfully, Anne and Mark had braces put on her....I'm sorry, there are some British royals who need them.....poor Lady Sarah and Anne herself.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Gentry

Zara in February 2005
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Commoner

Zar'

Zara is a looking great in this one. I do especially like her fashion sense for the most part. What she wore for the wedding was cool, I guess one of the originals that she seems to be famous for. And I think brown is really a good color on her. Her hairstyle is looking especially long. Of course I like that too.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zara Phillips seeks to emulate Princess Royal Tuesday, 21 June 2005 ZARA PHILLIPS has been added to the Great Britain squad for this year's European three-day event championships after her superb performance at the Luhmuhlen four-star competition in Germany at the weekend, when she and Toy Town, who were competing in their first three-day event since finishing second at Burghley in 2003, were runners-up to Bettina Hoy on Ringwood Cockatoo.

Phillips, 23, together with Oliver Townend on Topping, Matthew Wright on Park Pilot and James Robinson on Comanche, were added to the squad of eight yesterday. Yogi Breisner, the team manager, said that it had been "an extremely difficult decision".

The four compete as individuals at the Blenheim Petplan European Eventing Championships, supported by Volkswagen, from September 8-11.

Selection gives Phillips the chance to emulate her mother, the Princess Royal, who won the European Championships on Doublet at Burghley in 1971. Toy Town and Phillips won the individual silver medal at the 2002 Young Rider European Championships in Austria.

By Jenny MacArthur June 21, 2005
Times Online
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Royal Highness

BRAVO TO ZARA!!! FANALLY SHE MADE IT!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Courtier

aww thats great for Zara
Old 06-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zara fills her first role for charity Thursday, 23 June 2005

Informally dressed in a casual top and black pants, young royal Zara Phillips stepped into her first role as a charity patron at a star-studded champagne launch in Auckland yesterday.

The 24-year-old daughter of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips kissed New Zealand's most famous equestrian, Mark Todd, twice on arrival at the Government House reception, but turned down a glass of Moet champagne as assembled media watched her every move.

The CatWalk Trust - set up to raise money for victims of spinal injury - is the first to get Zara signed up as a patron.

It has been driven almost single-handedly by New Zealand equestrian Catriona Williams, confined to a wheelchair after a riding accident three years ago.

"The CatWalk Trust is the dream of all wheelies," Ms Williams said. "We want to continue in the push Christopher Reeve started, to find a cure for spinal cord-injury victims."

Reeve, the Superman actor, was confined to a wheelchair after a riding accident left him paralysed in 1995. He died last year aged 52.

In a short speech at yesterday's launch, Zara Phillips said it was "great to be back" in New Zealand and paid tribute to Ms Williams.

"Catriona is the strongest person in the world and I'm honoured to be a part [of the fundraising]," she said.

Zara Phillips with Catwalk Trust founder Catriona Williams at the launch of the charity for spinal cord injuries in Auckland yesterday. Picture / Brett Phibbs

A formal dinner and charity auction were held last night to raise money for the trust. The menu included 2004 Marlborough sauvignon blanc donated by winemaker Michelle Richardson, whose brother Sean suffered a paralysing spinal cord injury while swimming in Australia two years ago.

As well as Zara Phillips as patron, the CatWalk Trust has four New Zealand patrons - All Black great Sir Brian Lochore, former world superbike racer Aaron Slight, former Black Caps cricketer and now selector Dion Nash and former champion jockey Lance O'Sullivan.

24.06.05 By Anne Beston
New Zealand Herald
Old 06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

HELLO MAGAZINE ARTICLES
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../zaraphillips/

After raising £4,000 for her new charity by selling off her striking black gown, Zara was inspired to add an extra lot to the auction - herself, for a day

Her elegant black dress with diamante detailing raised £4,000. But it was royal owner Zara Phillips who got potential buyers at a black-tie event in Auckland really bidding when she auctioned herself for the day.

The gown was sold off to help raise funds for Zara's new charity Catwalk, a spinal research organisation. And on the spur of the moment the Queen's granddaughter threw in her services as an extra lot.

The pretty 24-year-old told fellow diners: "I'm here for only two days and I want to make as much money for this charity as possible." Then, doing a twirl on stage, she laughed as auctioneer Steve Davis encouraged potential bidders with the words, "I hear she makes good coffee, but I hope she can type."

Twenty minutes later Zara was snapped up as a personal assistant for the day by bakery owner Gerald Shand. The New Zealander offered £25,000 for the privilege of having a member of the royal family on his staff for 24 hours. Gerald, who runs a bakery in Huntley, an industrial town south of Auckland, says he's not yet sure what tasks his new PA will be performing.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

MIRROR NEWS

24 June 2005
ZARA PHILLIPS: YOURS FOR £25,000
By Stephen D'Antal.
ZARA Phillips makes a load of dough for charity... by hiring herself to a bakery boss for £25,000.

The Queen's granddaughter auctioned her services for a day at a posh fund-raising do in Auckland.

Kiwi businessman Gerald Shand got a standing ovation as he made his winning bid for the girlfriend of injured rugby star Mike Tindall.

Zara, 24 - launching spinal injury research charity Catwalk - had already seen her dress sell for £4,000.

She giggled as the auctioneer joked: "I hear she makes good coffee, but I don't know if she can type."

Tycoon Gerald said: "I won't be asking her to do any baking... perhaps just a bit of paperwork."
Old 06-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Zara Phillips News and Pictures 3: Jun 05-May 06

Welcome to Part 3 of News and Pictures of Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne.

You can find the previous thread here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2174&page=1.

Happy posting! :)
Old 06-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

We have reached Page 11 of News and Pictures of Zara Phillips. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

There is a new thread here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6320.

See you there! :)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if HM attended Zara's confirmation? I found it strange that instead of going to Beatrice and Eugenie's confirmation that the Queen went to Ascot.

PS, Zara's gown at the Catwalk launch was beautiful.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Zara in Auckland from Olycom
http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/offertaUo.do?idoff=9951

Zara's royal charm offensive
Saturday, 25 June 2005 25.06.05
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=897&Itemid=2

Closed Thread

Tags
zara phillips