Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to AP, Zara Phillips, at the River Mill bakery after owner Gerald Shand won an auction to have Zara work for him as his P.A. for the day and paid NZ$70,000, at Huntly, New Zealand, Thursday, October 27, 2005. The money went to the Catwalk Trust.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051027/482/hun10410270131
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051027/482/hun10310270124
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/051027/482/hun10110270119

If the link doesn't work, copy/paste should do.

Incas said:
According to AP, Zara Phillips, at the River Mill bakery after owner Gerald Shand won an auction to have Zara work for him as his P.A. for the day and paid NZ$70,000, at Huntly, New Zealand, Thursday, October 27, 2005. The money went to the Catwalk Trust.
If the link doesn't work, copy/paste should do.

Polfoto 27-10-2005 New Zealand businessman and baker Gerald Shand with Zara Phillips, British Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter after Shand won an auction to have Zara work for him as his P.A. for the day and paid NZ$70,000, at Huntly, New Zealand, Thursday October 27, 2005. The money went to The Catwalk Trust.

Attachments

• AP440821_guest.jpg
    AP440821_guest.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 236
  • AP440822_guest.jpg
    AP440822_guest.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 189
Pics from Getty

NZL: Zara Phillips Visits Bakery
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56019148.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=AB27D050201094215C0E64DE43E5D069FAC99F580DA54C62568FAE54CF6EC786

56019143.jpg

56019111.jpg

56019098.jpg

56019086.jpg

Last edited:
Zara and the Bakery

Sounds like a good time for the 70 grand. Well done.:D

Zara Phillips is The Sunday Times Sportswoman of the Year

LONDON, November 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Zara Phillips, this year's individual gold medallist at theEuropean three-day Eventing Championships at Blenheim Palace, was announced as The Sunday Times Sportswoman of the Year last night.

Readers of the newspaper voted her the winner from a shortlist of six, which included Dame Ellen MacArthur and Paula Radcliffe.

The awards, now in their 18th year, honour outstanding achievement at every level of women's sport. They were presented at a dinner at Old Billingsgate Market in London.

Guests included Zara and her boyfriend,Mike Tindall, the England rugby player, double Olympic gold medallist rower James Cracknell, Kirsty Gallacher, Gabby Logan, Clare Connor, Beverley Turnerand Lord Sebastian Coe.

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Gone are the days when Zara Phillips was known as the royal rebel, famous for her tongue studs and rowdy parties. These days Princess Anne's daughter has been hitting the headlines for all the right reasons.

I wonder if Zara ever resents the fact that she doesnt have a title...

I think she secretely does. And how ironic it is that the one without the title recieves the most attention. I think Zara should be made a Lady (no pun intended!)

Zara Philips, center, the granddaughter of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and the girlfriend of England rugby player Mike Tindall, applauds from the stands before the international rugby match between England and New Zealand at Twickenham stadium in London, Saturday Nov. 19, 2005. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 191
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 218
Here are some caps from the BBC that a buddy of mine did back on November 17th for his Yahoo group:

I think Zara should be given a title too! She could do great things for the Royal Family, and a title would probably give her a boost if she ever took on official duties or something. Do you ever think she turns to Princess Anne and says "Mom, why didn't you let me have a title? I don't have a normal life anyways!"

I don't think Zara wishes she had a title. As life moves on her fame will fade a little bit and she will have the life that Princess Anne wanted for her daughter. Let's face it..she will always get attention because she the Queen's grand daughter but as soon as Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie get a little order PLUS Harry and William get married the press will move on a bit.

With all the speculation about down-sizing the BRF, even if Zara had wished she has a title before, she will be glad she doesn't have one later. For those who treats lineage volumnes like the Bible, they don't need a title to know her bloodline.

Zara is the modern day people's princess. That's the best tiel she can ever have.

Incas said:
For those who treats lineage volumnes like the Bible, they don't need a title to know her bloodline.
Quite. How many people can say "there's my name in the list of the Line of Succession to the Throne"?

She 'could' be given a title still...but she would have to earn it I would think. She would have to make it her life to serve the Queen's (and by then the King's) subjects. In other words...work like her mother! I highly doubt it will ever happen...she wasn't raised with that same sense of duty as her mother (and rightfully so). She does a lot of charity work, which is great - but she hasn't made it her life.

It's very PC now to think someone needs to prove themselves deserving of a title. But it's always been the monarch's prerogative to give titles to whomever they please. There are plenty of titled nobilities going around without doing any charity work.

Also, if Zara gets on the Olympic team and win a medal, a lot of people would think that will make her deserving of a title, with or without any charity work.

The Queen offered to make Peter a prince when he was born but Anne rejected that. I think Zara doesnt want a title. She has her intresets and knows being the Queens granddaughter gives her enough publicity to help her charities. I think the Queen might offer Zaras future husband a minor title when she marries. But, if she marries Mike. I dont think he will take a title. I dont think he is that type of guy and still wants a career. But hey, who knows. I wouldnt mind a Lady Zara or Countess Zara.

Princejonnhy25 said:
The Queen offered to make Peter a prince when he was born but Anne rejected that.
I think you mean the Queen offered to create a title for Mark Phillips when he married Princess Anne so that any children would bear courtesy or subsidiary titles. As we know, Anne was against the idea. It would be highly unlikely that HM made an offer to create Peter Phillips a Prince of the United Kingdom.

No I ment that the Queen wanted to make Peter a Prince. The Queen is a very modern women and I dont think she minds titles passing from women to their kids. She support women bishops too. The feminist side of her is not to well known. She offered to make him a Prince as the son of the Queens only daughter. But Anne rejected it because she was didnt want and neither did Mark.

No I ment that the Queen wanted to make Peter a Prince. The Queen is a very modern women and I dont think she minds titles passing from women to their kids. She support women bishops too. The feminist side of her is not to well known. She offered to make him a Prince as the son of the Queens only daughter. But Anne rejected it because she was didnt want and neither did Mark.

I agree, after all we are in 2005 helloooooooooooo
women and men with the same rights always!!!!!!!!!

;)

Paula** said:
I agree, after all we are in 2005 helloooooooooooo
women and men with the same rights always!!!!!!!!!

;)

And if we think about it, without the constitutional rule that men come before women, Anne is 4th and Zara 6th in the order of sucession....:rolleyes: that's certainly food for thought!

Princejonnhy25 said:

The Queen never offered to make Peter Phillips a Prince of the UK. She did offer Mark Phillips an earldom (which is standard practice) upon marriage so their children would have courtesy styles, but Mark declined it with Anne's support.

Edward VII elevated his Fife grandaughters to HH Princess of Great Britain & Ireland when he made their mother the Princess Royal, but that was a long time ago and a different era. I highly doubt the Queen would do the same.

branchg said:
The Queen never offered to make Peter Phillips a Prince of the UK. She did offer Mark Phillips an earldom (which is standard practice) upon marriage so their children would have courtesy styles, but Mark declined it with Anne's support.

Edward VII elevated his Fife grandaughters to HH Princess of Great Britain & Ireland when he made their mother the Princess Royal, but that was a long time ago and a different era. I highly doubt the Queen would do the same.

If she was a loving grandmother she would. It must feel awful to have your other cousins have titles and you to be 'common' I mean imagine how it would feel being a 24-year-old and having to curtsey to 16-year-old Beatrice. It would be humilating...:(

zeap said:
If she was a loving grandmother she would. It must feel awful to have your other cousins have titles and you to be 'common' I mean imagine how it would feel being a 24-year-old and having to curtsey to 16-year-old Beatrice. It would be humilating...:(
Theres nothing wrong with being common...he cant be a prince cos thats the way the law is......and im sure that he doesnt have to curtsey to his cousins....they all seem really normal and chill i dont thinlk they are pompous or anything....besides im sure that peter loves being normal and not being constantly followed....zara is starting to get followed more and more...yet shes not a princess

zeap said:

Not giving peter a title has nothing to do if she's a loving grandmother or not ....I've read that the queen and prince philip) are very fond of peter...however, mark phillips didn't want a title and anne support it .......

zeap said:

The royal family is informal with each other in private and no one curtseys or bows to each other based on their ranks and styles. Everyone does observe formalities to the Queen, but only if other guests are present.

Peter and Zara don't need titles to be royal. They are grandchildren of the Queen and in the line of succession and that's good enough.

I have to agree with the comments posted. Peter and Zara don't need titles. Their parents wished that they would grow up as normal as possible for 2 people whose grandmother is the Queen of England. They respect their royal heritage and the Queen is very fond of her 2 oldest grandchildren. I'm sure at first the Queen was a little disapointed that they didn't have titles, but it was what Princess Anne and Mark Phillips wanted. She accepted that. And I think both of them have grown up in to fine adults because of the decision their parents have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom