York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Money? None of our darned business

Your right not my business BUT since we know where Sarah as got money from before makes me wonder what she as had to do to get it again.

And I am disgusted that all the service and hard work the Queen has done and now her spoiled brat of a son is giving the UK the finger.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This questionable deal is where most of the money comes from - who legitimately pays $3 million over asking price for a home long on the market then lets the place fall to ruin. The present house in the UK was $7.5 million, leaving $7.5 million plus they do work or could get a mortgage. Fergie is now selling food emulsifiers.

The fall of the house of York: Why has the mansion sold by Duke in mystery £15m deal gone to ruin? | Daily Mail Online

Is Fergie's 'Fusion Xcelerator food emulsifier' her most extraordinary pursuit yet? | Daily Mail Online

Andrew has dragged the royal family's reputation through the mud on several occasions. He and Fergie signed up for the chalet in November/December. I don't believe that news of this court action broke on poor naive Andrew, all unawares, as it happened, in January. I think he would have had some forewarning.

As for 'none of our business' I am a taxpayer in the UK as well as in Australia, plus the Queen is my Queen of Australia too. The behaviour of her crass and stupid son and his ex wife impacts on me as a monarchist and I'm entitled to comment on it.

If you think Andrew selling the former family home at a grossly inflated price to an Eastern oligarch's son and then buying a luxury ski lodge in between meeting with sex offenders and having massages from teenage girls is acceptable behaviour for the Queen's son, fine! It isn't for me!

When they bought it last year there was no scandal. But what really concerns me is your belief that they are the cause of negative press.

Oh I'm sorry Marg I think you misinterpreted me. My point was that I think Andrew and Sarah have been brilliant in doing everything they can to ensure that the girls haven't had to endure the usual upsets/stresses/traumas of children of separated parents. Unfortunately I think this is balanced out by the upset the girls must feel when Andrew and Sarah are in the news for all the wrong reasons (not the girls). They have done absolutely nothing wrong.
I'm sure the girls would have been very happy before Christmas when Andrew and Sarah joined forces and bought the ski lodge, but Andrew's scandal will have overshadowed it.
IMO the purchase is another example of how united as parents they are, and I admire them for it (and your right it's none of our business).

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew has dragged the royal family's reputation through the mud on several occasions. He and Fergie signed up for the chalet in November/December. I don't believe that news of this court action broke on poor naive Andrew, all unawares, as it happened, in January. I think he would have had some forewarning.

As for 'none of our business' I am a taxpayer in the UK as well as in Australia, plus the Queen is my Queen of Australia too. The behaviour of her crass and stupid son and his ex wife impacts on me as a monarchist and I'm entitled to comment on it.

If you think Andrew selling the former family home at a grossly inflated price to an Eastern oligarch's son and then buying a luxury ski lodge in between meeting with sex offenders and having massages from teenage girls is acceptable behaviour for the Queen's son, fine! It isn't for me!

Well said ! I TOTALY agree with what you say and we do have to right ask where the money has come from. We don't want her selling off time with Andrew again

And did you read the part where they explain that it was too big to be sold to non citizens so they had to sell it as 2 different lots so he got 2 levels and she got 2 levels. Wonder how that will play out long term when she's broke again

I think its reasonable for people to query where the money has come from given we know both Sarah and Andrew have had dodgy dealings in the past - Sarah had her loans/bankruptcy (at least £15,000) paid off by Epstein and Andrew mysteriously managed to sell his and Sarah's house for £3million more than the asking price to the son in law of the President of Kazakhstan after years of trying to sell it

I'm not worried about this ski lodge investment by Andrew and Sarah. It's great they have this place for them and their family.

I think it's great that Sarah and Andrew have this place to stay with their daughters, and it looks like a beautiful mountain. However, it's very unfortunate timing for this news to emerge. I'm also blown away by the size of the chalet...it has an indoor pool, a lounge filled with antiques, furs in the master bedroom, and accommodates a chef and 5 other staff! Keeping in mind the public furore over Andrew's lifestyle, this investment doesn't reflect well on his ability to manage money.

I'm sure Andrew and Sarah could have bought something smaller and simpler, that could accommodate their family just as well, without splashing out 13 million pounds.

Andrew has done many stupid things, but this is not bought with public money, so it's not our business.

Do you remember the Charles and Diana days. They dragged the royal family through mud MUCH MORE SO than Prince Andrew. Fact.

Andrew is also the son of one of the wealthiest women in the world. He inherited a trust fund from his grandmother and I suspect his mother established a trust fund for him when he was born that he gained control of when he came of age or some similar time.

He would also have access to the best investment counsellors - as does his mother - and so could quite easily have made good investments - as the Queen herself has done.

The Queen bought Gatcombe for Anne so it is reasonable to assume that she gave an equal amount to her younger sons as she didn't buy them property but rather they lease property from the Crown Estates.

The payment of 15 million pounds would also have been invested so it wouldn't still be 15 million but have grown and would still be producing some sort of income.

I have also seen a report somewhere that says that Andrew was worth around 75 million a number of years ago - no idea where that money all came from - but if true then there is no trouble with this money at all.

This lodge is rented out for 22,000 pounds per week. Let's assume that the Yorks use the house for 10 weeks a year between them leaving 42 weeks a year when it would still be available for rent so an income of 924,000 pounds a year is still possible as Verbier is also lovely for hikers in summer. Even if only 500,000 comes in before tax it would certainly still provide an income if they decide to rent it when one of them isn't using it.

Sarah and Andrew will always surprise people. This co-purchase and co-mortgage of the Verbier home goes to show they have many surprises left in them. For Sarah, especially, this must feel extremely comforting, she's never owned property before, she's always rented and now she has something that can't be taken away from her.

Who needs that ruby engagement ring and tiara anyway?

I see nothing wrong with them buying a property for the family. They will use it several times a year and their daughters will continue to use it for decades to come.

It was probably more economical to buy the property and pay the mortgage than keep paying rent.

Andrew is also the son of one of the wealthiest women in the world.

I know that she is rich, but she is not one of the wealthiest women in the world.
Forbes estimates her personal fortune to be around $ 500 million, but I have from reliable sources that this is just nonsense. Most of the Queen's personal fortune mainly consists of Balmoral, Sandringham and jewels.

The palace has also commented on it.

Finances of the British Royal Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Queen's personal wealth and income are not known. Jock Colville, a former private secretary to the Queen (when she was Princess Elizabeth) and a director of her bank, Coutts, estimated her wealth at £2 million in 1971 (the equivalent of about £25 million today. Official Buckingham Palace statements in 1993 called estimates of £100 million "grossly overstated". Forbes magazine estimated the Queen's net worth at around US$450 million (about £275 million) in 2010. Sandringham House in Norfolk and Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire are privately owned by the Queen.

The Queen inherited her mother's property including paintings. No one who makes the estimates on the Queen's wealth knows exactly what property belongs to the Queen. Are there more tiaras and jewels in the vault? Hidden paintings in storage?

In 1971 was her cash wealth worth £2 million or did this include stocks, bonds, real estate, jewelry, paintings etc?

Are people grossly overestimating the worth of a painting or jewelry?

The Queen inherited her mother's property including paintings. No one who makes the estimates on the Queen's wealth knows exactly what property belongs to the Queen. Are there more tiaras and jewels in the vault? Hidden paintings in storage?

In 1971 was her cash wealth worth £2 million or did this include stocks, bonds, real estate, jewelry, paintings etc?

Are people grossly overestimating the worth of a painting or jewelry?

Honestly, I'm always baffled when people talk or argue about the Queen's wealth. As if it makes any difference. The Queen could be worth $50,000 and it would hardly change her lifestyle. She is the monarch, the sovereign. And lives as such.

But I do think that anyone who thinks she is simply worth £2 million is simply bonkers. Some of her personal jewelry alone that we see her and her family (borrowed) wear on a single day is worth nearly as much.

I'm sorry, but when you assert that Andrew had forewarning of the suit filed against Mr Epstein, I believe you need to back it up with a credible source because it is a serious allegation and speculation as such falls outside the rules of the Forum.

Regardless of what you think about Andrew and his finances, it is still none of our business and, with all the previous goings on, I bet that deal is squeaky clean because I wouldn't mind betting it was approved by HM.

As to the amount they sold Sunninghill for, well as any Real Estate Agent will tell you, when one sells a home one usually puts one's baseline figure. That some Eastern oligarch wanted it badly enough to pay far more, probably for the cache of it's having been previously owned by a member of the BRF, is just the way the market goes. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay. What is done with it is neither Andrew's business nor problem.

As to allegations of impropriety regarding underaged girls, I, along with the rest of the world, would like to see the proof before I make my mind up. That you feel in necessary to vent, denigrating and abusing Andrew, I do believe you are, once again cutting it close to the line.

Do you remember the Charles and Diana days. They dragged the royal family through mud MUCH MORE SO than Prince Andrew. Fact.
Much as I may see your point, may even agree, please don't shout.

I'm not worried about this ski lodge investment by Andrew and Sarah. It's great they have this place for them and their family.

I agree!

People do like to jump on a bandwagon as soon as it pulls up.

I'm a british tax payer (who pays around 60p) for her monarchy and I couldn't give two hoots where Andrew got his money from. Andrew's made some bad judgement calls, so what? Innocent until proven guilty or so I thought.

Andrew and Sarah have made some huge mistakes involving money and shady people and selling meetings with Andrew. So I think I'm justified wondering how and where the money is coming from and what favors it cost. As for the him talking to his mother to get her to approve it I really don't think so The palace may have been involved but not the Queen unless she was giving him the money.

I said "I think', with regard to the legal case warning and I am not denigrating Andrew when I say that he has been involved in shadiness several times in the past.

It is clear that he has had a friendship with Epstein, a sex offender and the press has published accounts in the past week of his behaviour, which has been unedifying to say the least.

I am entitled to criticise a member of the royal family if I believe he is harming the institution of the monarchy by his behaviour, and I do!

He lost his occupation as 'trade ambassador to Britain several years ago because of his behaviour in another matter. As a citizen of the Commonwealth I am entitled to ask where this money has come from for this mortgage.

I do remember the days.i don't agree

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Andrew might have money but Sarah certainly doesn't. She hasn't worked in ages but continues to live a very extravagant lifestyle now this. How does someone with her past of debt issues get any sort of mortgage? And Sarah could of owned her own home long ago she just wanted something grander then what the money she got could buy. 13 million pound is a lot of money for a house you will use a couple of times a year. How is Sarah paying for it? We know by her own track record how bad she is with money. And Andrew might have some but I don't believe he has this much to spend in one hit. He got given Sunninghill from the Queen and she paid for the house so why would she off given him more money for another house? The timing is really bad but it's typical Andrew and Sarah buying something extravagant that is going to cost a lot of money to run. Why buy something now they have been going there for years? It's a little odd.

Yeah money wise they have always been a disaster so now they buy this amazing Swiss lodge. If they wanted something for their daughters why not something in UK.
I don't understand how Sarah could have paid off her 5 million debt she had not long ago she doesn't work.

If either of them are doing some shady deals they could bring real disaster to the RF

I understand why people would query where the money came from given Andrew and especially Sarah have had issues with keeping or receiving money in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if part of the money, the deposit maybe, came from the sale of Sunninghill. The article did say they had mortgage on it so its not as if they've bought a £13million property outright straight away. Even with a 6 figure annual mortgage I'm sure between Andrew and Sarah and investments, trust funds etc they would have enough to pay it. And as others have pointed out they will be able to rent it out to others to use and that will provide a likely quite sizable income itself. (I can just see Sarah posing for promotional pics now!)
I just hope beyond everything that it doesn't turn out it was financed in anyway by any of the couples questionable friends.

Cant see them renting it out " sleep in the same bed that Andrew and Fergie do " don't think that will happen

It's a silly extravagant buy , there are better ways to provide for their daughters.
It's so typical ! why do something sensible

Oh and don't forget paying for the 6 staff

Cant see them renting it out " sleep in the same bed that Andrew and Fergie do " don't think that will happen

It's a silly extravagant buy , there are better ways to provide for their daughters.
It's so typical ! why do something sensible

I can see them renting it out, it's the most sensible thing to do when they're not going to use it for 42 weeks of the year.

We're never going to know where the money came from and we shouldn't know either. What's the point in questioning it?

So they've bought a ski chalet, there are bigger things to worry about in the world than Andrew and Sarah buying a holiday home.

Prince Charles is renting out his homes in Wales and Romania living their only one or two weeks of the year.

But that was then, and this is now.

It's a matter of PR; the whole world is aware of Fergie's shenanigans when it comes to money. She simply is not viewed as trustworthy.

And Andrew is under fire. He has always been criticized for his sense of entitlement and his lavish lifestyle. The timing for this is unfortunate, to say the least.

But that was then, and this is now.

It's a matter of PR; the whole world is aware of Fergie's shenanigans when it comes to money. She simply is not viewed as trustworthy.

And Andrew is under fire. He has always been criticized for his sense of entitlement and his lavish lifestyle. The timing for this is unfortunate, to say the least.

I'd argue that the whole world could care less about Sarah and PA. The mere YouTube search in the US will show that. Not much there. Most people don't know who they are.

YouTube Charles and Diana, you will find documentary on documentary of affairs, public interviews that reveal far too much, conspiracy theories, the list goes on.

Charles and Diana, they seriously screwed the BRF reputation in the US and abroad.

Personally I'd be surprised if they don't rent it out. The only down side is I can see Fergie posing for photos/newspaper articles promoting it at some point which is just a new PR disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom