York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah did get some unfair coverage but she never seemed to help herself either and she handed them stories on platters at times. Maybe the DofE knows more about Sarah and her goings on then we do. He doesn't like her it hasn't been a secret, I see Andrew holding off as a sign of respect for his father. I don't see Sarah being allowed back in the fold anytime soon. Nothing has changed the men in suits are still there and the Royal Duties are still there. In fact Andrew does more duties now then he did when they were married. Does Sarah really want to go back and have her life revolve around duty and not just be able to go on holiday whenever she wants? I think if they did remarry Sarah would be kept on a very short leash especially financially. It's one thing to have her for a weekend for her daughters birthday it's another to have her back in the family. Maybe they will just stay living together Sarah get's everything she wants without the Royal Duties and constant attention and Andrew get's what he wants. Can she be rehabilitated? The public aren't going to forget the affairs and the scandals no matter how romantic they try to make this "lovestory". The press would never allow it.

Andrew does more duties now because he is free to do so. When he and Sarah were married he was on full duty in the Royal Navy, away from her for more than two-thirds of their life together.

Fergie is barely recovered from trying to sell Andrew and I don't think she's really going to ever get it together. Letting her back in will be more work for the courtiers. They shouldn't have to keep a grown woman on a financial leash and she would likely have to do duties whether she wants or not and Andrew will have to kind of keep an eye on her. She's never learned from her problems with debt and she had her chances and threw it away with both hands.

I think any re-marrige will not happen while the Queen and Prince Phillip are still alive.

There is just too much animosity. Just when you think it has died down, Sarah is taped selling her access to Andrew or Andrew's close friendship with a criminal becomes known.

I don't think QEII will ever give her approval, for the reasons above which would mean Andrew would forfeit the civil lists & mummy's purse.... something he can not afford to do.

I couldn't see what was supposed to be so awful about it, either. Perhaps the press needed a "bad royal" for their ongoing soap-opera approach and Sarah was their appointed one. The tour lasted 10 days, September 28th to October 7th. Hardly the amount of time that the Waleses were in the area with William in 1983.

Mermaid1962, the furor that was made over Sarah's "abandonment" of her baby made me mental. I was so disgusted and angry, it was just so stupid and hypocritical and unfair.:bang:

There is NO Civil List anymore and Andrew's money from it was being repaid by The Queen since 1992. Do you really think that The Queen is so nasty that she would stop supporting one of her children because she didn't approve of his/her choice in spouse? I don't.

The Queen also knows that in a couple of years her permission won't be needed - Eugenie doesn't need permission now that she is 7th in line and when William and Kate have another child Beatrice won't either. If they have 3 children then Andrew won't need permission.

The Queen though may also be taking the view that it would be better for them to remarry on her watch than to leave that situation for Charles' watch -- she has the popularity to bring it off but Charles doesn't have that popularity and will have the Camilla situation so have Andrew and Sarah remarried before Charles comes to the throne makes sense.

There is also an argument that Andrew and Sarah don't need The Queen's permission as she gave them permission in 1986 - although others argue that as they divorced that earlier permission doesn't apply anymore but as the RMA doesn't cover a divorced couple wishing to remarry it would be an interesting legal argument .

I couldn't see what was supposed to be so awful about it, either. Perhaps the press needed a "bad royal" for their ongoing soap-opera approach and Sarah was their appointed one. The tour lasted 10 days, September 28th to October 7th. Hardly the amount of time that the Waleses were in the area with William in 1983.

Exactly. What angered me was that every hausfrau on every continent was weighing in about what a "terrible mum" Sarah was for doing it. It was as if she had offered her child up on the black market.:bang:

And yes, Beatrice was scarred for life by having her mom absent ten days when she was a newborn. It's very obvious, isn't it?:cool:

Charles got to marry camilla and still be heir. Why should Andrew not reunite with Sarah? Certainly the Church would endorse it.

Charles got to marry camilla and still be heir. Why should Andrew not reunite with Sarah? Certainly the Church would endorse it.

I agree, the whole thought the Monarchy would crumble with Charles marrying Camilla but everything turned out alight so far. The family wasn't too keen on Camilla but they seemed to have warmed to her.

I think (IF) Andrew & Sarah want to get re-married, I think no one should get in their way and allow them to get married again. I doubt it would be a big wedding anyway. Probably a civil ceremony and blessing. Somewhere along the lines of Charles & Camilla's wedding.

I agree, the whole thought the Monarchy would crumble with Charles marrying Camilla but everything turned out alight so far. The family wasn't too keen on Camilla but they seemed to have warmed to her.

I would like Andrew and Sarah to remarry, but I can see why the royal family would be cautious about it. Prince Philip is arguably too hard on Sarah, but I doubt even the most forgiving royalist wants to see a British monarchy where "anything goes", either (a la Monaco).

If Andrew and Sarah do remarry, I hope they can convince people "in charge" - the Queen, the Church - that they've changed and that the second marriage would be different from the first disastrous one.

Exactly. What angered me was that every hausfrau on every continent was weighing in about what a "terrible mum" Sarah was for doing it. It was as if she had offered her child up on the black market.:bang:

And yes, Beatrice was scarred for life by having her mom absent ten days when she was a newborn. It's very obvious, isn't it?:cool:
You really have a point there !

I think (IF) Andrew & Sarah want to get re-married, I think no one should get in their way and allow them to get married again. I doubt it would be a big wedding anyway. Probably a civil ceremony and blessing. Somewhere along the lines of Charles & Camilla's wedding.

And it's Andrew (re)marrying his spouse. Not someone altogether different with a tangled history. He would be reuniting his family. The church doesnt approve of divorce and the Queen is head of the church. The church would be more than happy to facilitate on this wedding. Though personally, I think the invitation to Balmoral may have been about the daughter's wedding.

:ohmy:If the rumour is true concerning Prince Andrew and Sarah, I certainly welcome the idea. "After all" they were not accused for destroying anyone's marriage. ...

Quite right, as far as we know Sarah only cheated with single men as opposed to Camilla, who herself was married to a notorious womanizer/cheat and Diana who had a couple of married lovers.
These rumors of possible remarriage sprang up a few years ago when Sarah did her Oprah series (saving Sarah) and died down when Andrew showed up @ Ascot w/ a date on his arm. Perhaps they have grown closer in the interim. Not sure what the point would be in remarriage, especially for Andrew, @ least as things are now he can protect his assets for his daughters rather than risking Sarah running through his inheritance. Plus they already live together and seem great friends, so why bother w/ remarriage? Is there some advantage that I can't think of?

^^^^^
Cannot see any advantage for Andrew. For Sarah of course it would mean getting her HRH back, no more whining about not being invited to a wedding or other big royal event, and of course easier access to Andrews cash.

The daughters' inheritances could be protected by a trust. The Church would approve of the marriage, which would be an advantage to Andrew in at least SOME remaining circles, and they would not need to remarry in a civil ceremony if they did not want to. They could be remarried at Windsor with a small group present, or some even smaller church if they liked, and the blessing would be part of the ceremony, not separated from the actual wedding as it was in the case of Charles and Camilla. The big trouble is whatever is unknown, for life throws zingers at people, and they would have to take seriously "for better or for worse." And assume that "worse" would play a part in their future, as it does in most people's lives. It would be very nice for them to attend Beatrice's wedding as a couple...a really great relief. So advantages all around.

The advantages are they would be able to be husband and wife again. They would be able to go on official engagements together and on official tours abroad. Andrew have been doing his official duties alone for a longtime now and I'm sure he would like to have a companion to accompany him again. Even Prince Charles have publically remarked how good it feels to have someone there with him on official duties and it makes a difference.

Also if they re-married, Andrew & Sarah would be able to go out and about with each other as a real couple again. Not walking ahead of one another but together.

Who knows what lies ahead for them but I do feel bad for Andrew though. He has to sit and watch his niece, nephews and siblings enjoy happy relationships and marriages and share their royal roles together, all while he's on his own and no longer have Sarah or anyone else beside him officially.

I say, let the man marry his ex-wife, if he wishes to do so.

All Sarah did was cheat with single men? Really, that makes it all better. Let's not forget she was carrying Andrews child during one of these "relationships" and somehow I don't think that would have given great comfort to Andrew. Would Sarah go back into Royal Duties? She didn't exactly endear herself last time around her work ethic and her behaviour was pretty bad. I don't trust Sarah and it will be interesting to see if anything actually happens or this is just someone fishing to get an idea how people would feel about it. I don't think the public is ready to welcome Sarah back in the fold she is living in a Royal house and has a lifestyle most people would love without any of the responsibilities. Really she and Andrew have the best of both worlds. I don't think them getting married would work any better the second time around to be honest. Underneath it all I just don't think Sarah has changed all that much. Andrew also has a lot more control now then he would if they did marry especially with the finances.

She is currently getting the perks, without the responsibilities. Why change the current arrangement? For HRH? Look where it got her the first go round. I think they know exactly what they are doing.

She is currently getting the perks, without the responsibilities. Why change the current arrangement? For HRH? Look where it got her the first go round. I think they know exactly what they are doing.

That's exactly what I think! Be together but don't marry, I can see them divorcing again.

Andrew & Sarah continue to keep everyone on their toes and left wondering what they will do. They pretty much never rule anything in or out.

Very true, there's a lot of speculations around when the royals are on holiday and the news and pictures are very slow. It happens year after year.

Beatrice will probably be announcing her engagement soon. Sarah was probably invited to Balmoral by the Queen to start removing some of the awkwardness. They can spend some time together now, and it won't be such a big deal at Beatrice's wedding. Otherwise the whole "Sarah back in the presence of the Royals" could overshadow B's day.

I've often had the thought that single young royal cousins will not be asked to be full time royals until (if ever) they get married. I just have always supposed that the firm wants to know what they are getting into, rather than being surprised (again) when a FT royal dates someone really out of bounds (Koo Stark comes to mind - though I am not trying to point a finger at Andrew - it could also be someone who cannot be discreet and needs to sound out on political issues, sometime with an arrest record, drug issues, etc. ).
I just have always thought they were smart to not go all in when a young single could fall in love with someone that is too outre'.

I would be surprised if Andrew and Sarah remarried. They can be a couple, live together (as they do!), she can accompany him on some family events and some of the lower profile engagements. If they remarry, she will have to choose between the jet set life she has led (Elton, Naomi Campbell, David Tang) for the mundane and hard working life of a relatively minor royal. Would she be prepared to make that sacrifice? Is she not better off continuing with the way things are, and enjoying the best of both worlds. At the moment, there are no expectations of her, no work responsibilities, and she is not answerable to anybody (other than herself, her daughters, and Andrew).

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that. The original article was written by Joe Little, Managing Editor of "Majesty Magazine." Their writers don't usually go out on a limb and indulge in gossip. That's why I think that the source for the article was well-placed.

That's simple - speculation by the press. After they saw Sarah at Balmoral.

I always with Andrew & Sarah well in whatever they do. Stay together, remarry each other or move on, I just hope they will be happy regardless. I respect they have managed to remain very close and have kept their family together.

I'm not sure about that. The original article was written by Joe Little, Managing Editor of "Majesty Magazine." Their writers don't usually go out on a limb and indulge in gossip. That's why I think that the source for the article was well-placed.
I agree it's worth noting that "Majesty" is far from a gossip magazine.
I'm not reading too much into comments from Sarah's spokesperson either way. I think even IF the rumours are true, a lot would have to be sorted behind the scenes before they could confirm anything officially.
If as someone suggested they were testing to see what media/public reaction would be to a reunion, I think they would have been surprised by the amount of goodwill expressed. What has me curious is the report of them spending much of the winter in Verbier. What was all that about?
They like to keep us guessing, and I don't think they will put us in the picture any time soon.

The Church of England could use some increased popularity. If the royals patronize it by having weddings instead of long living-togethers, the C of E might go up a few notches in respect by the people. Do you realize what the percentage of those attending C of E services is? I believe it's in the single digits, low single digits. The people are probably irritated with its mamby pamby view on such things as long livings-together rather than marriage. The C of E used to be so strict it would not marry ANY divorced couple (if there were annulments I am not aware of them, but they may have occurred). Some great English novels are based on the tension of lovers not able to marry because of the C of E's strict attitude toward divorce; this has even figured prominently in Downton Abbey. I am NOT (heaven's no) encouraging a return to former stern rules, just saying the average bear would like some sort of standards?
So the D and D of York would not be the only ones getting some neat publicity if they remarry; the very Church they would wed in would get some good moves. Just my opinion...I'm not even in England. Over here in the US of A the Church has become a supine memorial figure languishing atop the tomb it will soon be interred in...JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom