York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way both the Queen & Andrew are in a hell of a quandary when it comes to Sarah. Both of these girls are maybe a few years from major events in their lives such as getting married & having babies of their own and most women want their mother to be apart of that. I know my mother's presence way vital to me at those times in my life. She should not be excluded and honestly when these major events occur Phillip should remember his granddaughter's feelings and sit down and shut his mouth and smile for the camera. The main thing is it needs to be made clear to Sarah that this is not leg up so to speak. Don't try and milk for all it's worth. If she is apart of these events publically and not try to capitalize on them given all that has happened that the true mark of a mother. Just my thought's

I think the media is making Prince Philip look like a very cold person here. I really don't think he would be disrespectful of Sarah and treat her badly, especially with his granddaughters around. I think he may not like past events but I'm sure when he's in Sarah's company, he's kind and respectful.

I really don't think will be any problems when the girls get married, have children or whatever. I don't think the other family members would be cold to Sarah either. They don't forget past events but I really don't think they are that cold either.

Richard Kay is also reporting that Beatrice has left her job in finance.
The Yorks are currently on holiday in Sotogrande. Eugenie is heading to New York in the autumn.

Busy Bea's summer of non-stop fun: Princess Beatrice quietly left finance job and has spent weeks enjoying on holiday | Mail Online

It said that she plans to find another (job in finance) but I have the feeling that when the Queen returns from Balmoral, there'll be an announcement of Beatrice's engagement.

It said that she plans to find another (job in finance) but I have the feeling that when the Queen returns from Balmoral, there'll be an announcement of Beatrice's engagement.

And that means she can't have another job?

Beatrice wasn't there for a year even and this doesn't look good on a resume. She must be really looking hard for a job while laying around on a beach the last few weeks. If she really wanted a job she would be in London not on a extended holiday. Maybe she is planning on getting engaged and planning the wedding will be her full time job. Sorry I don't buy Beatrice is serious about any sort of real career not with all the holidays she has continued to have. Now we find out the name off where she worked too. I'm kind of wondering if she jumped or was she pushed.

I would be so disappointed if she were one of "those" girls that had a job just long enough to snag a man and then quit when she finds one. I am really gonna hold out hope that this is not the case . I love to see young women that work and enjoy work and not be inebted to anyone. Well, you know what I mean. LOL!

Beatrice wasn't there for a year even and this doesn't look good on a resume. She must be really looking hard for a job while laying around on a beach the last few weeks. If she really wanted a job she would be in London not on a extended holiday. Maybe she is planning on getting engaged and planning the wedding will be her full time job. Sorry I don't buy Beatrice is serious about any sort of real career not with all the holidays she has continued to have.

Or maybe she was at her job the amount of time she was supposed to be at the job?
You don't seem to understand that it's summer and people take holidays in summer. The Queen is taking one at the meeting. It's quite hard to look for a job in the finance industry when the bosses are also on holiday.

I feel sorry for you that you can look at Beatrice and think she's the full time slacker, it's a real shame.

Last edited:
Many of the listed 'holidays' were actually weekends so not holidays at all.

She is currently on holiday in an industry that is in 'holiday mode' at the moment and there are reports that she is at the 'interview' stage for a new job.

It sounds to me like a job where there is a set period of contract for experience and then you move onto another job to add to your experience in 9 month or yearly periods until you have enough experience across the industry where you can be appointed to a year round job. I don't know if this is the case with the finance industry in the UK but I suppose it is plausible.

August is very definitely 'holiday' season across Europe with many many people taking the entire month off every year. I also believe that in the UK 6 weeks leave is normal so it makes sense that she is taking some time out and will start a new job possibly in September or October in the same or similar field.

I don't know maybe it's because all of the articles talk about it being a fulltime job and that she had to sit a test in October to do it normally a contract runs 6 or 12 months not 8. Secondly you don't get 6 weeks holiday working somewhere less then 1 year even here in Oz the most is 4 weeks AFTER 12 months of actual working. And the ski trip and a few others were longer then a weekend it was a week here and a week there. I feel sorry that some are so blinded by wanting to see such perfection they can't admit when something isn't true. Beatrice LEFT the job it never said her contract ended it has been said she RESIGNED. Just in time for summer holidays which is funny cause last Summer she made sure she got her holidays in then too. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...time will tell but so far Beatrice has shown she really likes her holidays her career not so much.

Actually in Australia you are able to take leave after less than 12 months - at a pro-rata rate - and at the boss's discretion.

The UK has 6 weeks annual holiday - not 4 like we have - or anywhere else.

The ski trip was the regular annual week and could easily have been agreed to before she started working.

The other trips to the south of France were weekends.

Until Ascot week the only times she wasn't available for work was the ski week and the two day trip to Germany which was on behalf of the government - and for which she had to use two days of her leave.

She is a wealthy young lady who has a good degree, done further study, got some work experience and is now looking for another job.

Of course there will always be those who see that much as an example of her being lazy and not being interested in a career - while others choose to see it for what it is - a young person who, like many other young people in the world today will have a number of jobs and career changes in their lifetimes.

She doesn't need to work financially so if she doesn't like the job then she can afford to leave it and try something or somewhere else.

And that means she can't have another job?

She can, but will she?

Time will tell. But it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that she is busy planning a wedding and won't take another job until after that (if ever).
And who leaves a job before having another lined up?

It is really up to Beatrice whether she works or not; she is fortunate in that she can afford not to. I just don't see the point in saying she is focusing on her career when it's obvious that she isn't.

We really don't know what Beatrice is doing at the moment. Beatrice is young and can take some time to figure out what she will do. She could be interested in another job or thinking about another career path. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Duchess Fergie was exceptionally invited in Balmoral (when Prince Philip was not ) to discuss with HM the Queen about the future engagement of Princess Beatrix.

Presumably, DoE will attend his grand children's wedding; as, Presumably, their mother will. Phillip will just have to man up, IMHO, or have some 'unfortunately timed poor health' and not go.

Can someone explain the history between Philip and Sarah a little more? I understand he doesn't like her which I can understand.

Duchess Fergie was exceptionally invited in Balmoral (when Prince Philip was not ) to discuss with HM the Queen about the future engagement of Princess Beatrix.

That has not been confirmed, just speculation.

As for the comments about, who leaves job without another one to go to..... 1000's of people!

It could have been an internship - so time limited; she may have needed certain grades and didn't get them; she may have hated it.

Job hunting in August in the city is a waste of time. September onwards.

If my dad had as much money has Bea's dad; I wouldn't work either. why does everyone feel a woman has to have a career? Kate and now Bea...

If my dad had as much money has Bea's dad; I wouldn't work either. why does everyone feel a woman has to have a career? Kate and now Bea...

Frankly, and no offence personally, IMO that's an awful attitude to life. I think anyone woman or man should have some form of career, long term job in their lifetime and not live off their parents.

Oh my GOSH! WHY would a woman NOT want to make her own money and be responsible for herself? A woman that lives off (mooches) off another is just pathetic. No one HAS to have a career, but why would they not WANT to do something to earn their own keep? At least until they win the lottery or invent a life changing gadgent that makes them gazillions. Not being indebted to another is the most awesome feeling in the world. And any Royal born Princess out there that does so is A #1 in my book. I may not be rich, but I owe no one and I have nothing but I am HAPPY. xoxo

Beatrice has more than likely inherited enough money to be independently wealthy if she's careful and makes good financial choices. Not everyone needs a career, and a ton of people find no personal fulfillment in what they do for a living.

It's fine if she wants to work for a few years and then focus on charitable activities. It really comes down to what will make her happy

We really don't know what is going through Beatrice's mind right now or what she feels it takes to make her life a happy one and fulfilled. I don't think its solely earning a paycheck that makes a woman successful and able to be independent but I do think for the majority of women, it is what it takes in today's world.

Perhaps she is seeking out different employment. Perhaps she's looking to be a homemaker and raise her children while working with charities and patronages that mean something to her. Perhaps her life's ambition is to scale Mt. Everest. We really don't know. She is just fortunate in that she has her own financial freedom to allow her to explore and find out just what her niche in life is.

One thing I do know is that a lot of us would love/have loved to have the opportunities that she does. :)

Frankly, and no offence personally, IMO that's an awful attitude to life. I think anyone woman or man should have some form of career, long term job in their lifetime and not live off their parents.

I just want a person to live for a purpose in their present life. (That doesn't mean you have to make money, or a 9 to 5 job or live off your parents.)

Last edited:

I have a job, I do earn a paycheck, however it is not a career. I have a career at home raising my children. are you saying that is not self respecting?

This is all very nice. But none of the queens children earn a living. Don't tell me about the Duchy of Cornwall. It was given to Charles, he didn't earn it, apply and try to get it. They all live off the "queen's dole", so to speak. Yes, in other royal families, today, they actually have real jobs. The late Prince Friso worked for Goldman Sachs. Prince Constantine of the Netherlands has a job in Brussels. Those are "real jobs". No that they needed them or could get fired.

This is all very nice. But none of the queens children earn a living. Don't tell me about the Duchy of Cornwall. It was given to Charles, he didn't earn it, apply and try to get it. They all live off the "queen's dole", so to speak. Yes, in other royal families, today, they actually have real jobs. The late Prince Friso worked for Goldman Sachs. Prince Constantine of the Netherlands has a job in Brussels. Those are "real jobs". No that they needed them or could get fired.

You sure never have posted anything positive or have you?

Last edited:

I am afraid you will have to learn to accept that different monarchies have different traditions regarding the non regnant, non heir, members of their royal families and what they expect of them in terms of supporting the monarch and representing the nation.

I have a job, I do earn a paycheck, however it is not a career. I have a career at home raising my children. are you saying that is not self respecting?

If you read what I said, my main point was not to live off your parents. I personally don't respect that.
I never mentioned anything about respecting careers. However personally, I wouldn't call raising a family a career, I would call it a lifestyle choice.

Back to Beatrice, if she wants to holiday all her life and live off Bank of Grandma and Dad that's her choice, however I will take any notice of her. If she chooses to join the firm, I will respect her decision because frankly opting in on such on such a life as 24/7 press intrusion would never be my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 1h
Duke of York finds love again...with old flame the Duchess of York via @Telegraph http://fw.to/YCxt4KC

Wedding with Andrew and Sarah?

I've always have my fingers cross for those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom