York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: When you are going out with a Royal you are fair game, IMO.

The jeans aren't very stylish, but I'm more concerned about the pink and blue socks and brown suede moccasins.

NO! he is not "fair game" That is really an awful comment. She is a junior royal with no formal duties at all; for goodness sake, surely they merit a break. :bang:

Dave was probably at work, weekday an all. As for Jack's jeans, I see nothing wrong with a pair of straight legged jeans. They look fine on him.

They're rolled up, and rolled badly. They sag and bag, and don't fit properly.
We'll have to agree to disagree; I don't think he looks fine at all.

As for criticizing private people, we criticize Chelsy, and Cressida, and Pippa. I don't see the difference.

Last edited:
There are reports on twitter and some showbiz sites that the Yorks (not sure about Beatrice) have been spotted in Verbier with Prince Harry and Cressida.

Niraj Tanna @IkonPictures
The royal party included Prince Harry, Cressida Bonas, Princess Eugiene, The Duke and Duchess of York. All seemed very happy. #verbier

They're rolled up, and rolled badly. They sag and bag, and don't fit properly.
We'll have to agree to disagree; I don't think he looks fine at all.

As for criticizing private people, we criticize Chelsy, and Cressida, and Pippa. I don't see the difference.

Maybe we should re-examine that behaviour, rather than criticize people through whom we are living vicariously? Just playing 'Devil's Advocate'.

I recently saw a picture of Sarah Ferguson skiing in Switzerland. Considering she recently had a "reality" show where she complained about being broke (again) and I'm wondering how she can afford expensive trips. What is her current source of income?

this is her annual holiday with Andrew and her daughters. He rents somewhere and she stays with them, presumably as their guest. Her income is irrelevant.

Cepe is right, her income is irrelevent. She is, often, a guest or something to the hosts and when she is at Andrew's I, think, they try to hide that, in many ways they are still a couple.

Her income is irrelevant, but at the same time I think an argument could be made that her income is Andrew - even without the cash for access stuff, he still supports her.

Whether they're just really good friends (in which case I think Sarah takes advantage of him), a secret couple, or simply just beni-friends is a bit beyond the point. He is still supporting her.

I don't think Sarah's income is my business but I think she has made some money from her books, speaking engagements and the movie, 'The Young Victoria.' Also, I think Andrew is a great help to her.

Despite all the stuff they have been through, they still remain a close and loving family. I think it's a beautiful thing the Yorks have going on.

When she was on Oprah she admitted she was almost bankrupt and that was after the movie and the books. Her last book barely sold anything she doesn't have her own money. She got a couple of hundred thousand for Oprah which would be gone by now so who else is supporting her but Andrew. She doesn't work, her books are not selling and she has no other income coming in. Basically Sarah is a kept woman and while she get's to go on expensive fully paid holidays and invited to 3 day weddings in exotic places where others pick up the tab she doesn't seem to want to change anything. That is why I have so little respect for Sarah her work ethic is pretty much non existant yet she dines in 5 star places and holidays a lot. If Andrew is ok about it as he seems it's his own problem because she won't ever go and stand on her own two feet while she has him happy to clean up messes and support her when really he shouldn't be.

It's his choice. It's none of our business.

LaRae

I agree, that's his ex-wife and that's the mother of his children. If he want to help her in any way he can, that's his business. I would like to think I would do the samething for my ex-wife, if we were good friends.

Gee, I'm sorry I seemed to offend so many people with my question re: Sarah's finances. I thought it was a fair question since she put the info out herself that she is often broke. I just wondered how she supports herself. The picture I saw of her skiing did not show Andrew or the girls anywhere near so I had no way of knowing she was a guest of theirs.

I admire Andrew. Even though they are no longer legally married, he seems to be keeping his marriage vows. How many girlfriends has he had since they divorced? I don't know; perhaps someone can clue me.

I don't give a whit about how he spends his money. I just think that they are "life partners."

Further to Irish Eyes' post above, according to this article, all the York family are in Verbier (they normally all go together at this time of year for Andrew's birthday).

The fact that they are there with Harry and Cressida is interesting, as I think this is the first time for a while (at least since the Fake Sheik) that Sarah has been hanging about in the same place with another member of the RF who isn't Andrew or the girls.

I don't think they would be staying at the same place, but if Cressida is with Harry and also a very good friend of Beatrice and Eugenie, they must be hanging out together as a whole group quite a bit, I'd think (obviously Sarah pictured with Cressida on the article).
What do people think about that?

Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas 'very happy together' skiing in Verbier - UK - News - London Evening Standard

I don't think they would be staying at the same place, but if Cressida is with Harry and also a very good friend of Beatrice and Eugenie, they must be hanging out together as a whole group quite a bit, I'd think (obviously Sarah pictured with Cressida on the article).
What do people think about that?

Prince Harry and Cressida's ski retreat: Seven bedroom chalet boasts indoor swimming pool and costs £22,000 A WEEK | Mail Online

According to the Daily Mail Andrew rented a chalet where they all stayed.
(Sorry if this article has been posted somewhere else). Hopefully they all had a lovely time, it does seem to be a trip that the Yorks particularly enjoy. I just think Sarah would be wise not to comment (I'm sure the next time she is in the same place as reporters she will be asked about it).
A simple remark, "we had a great holiday" would equal "Exclusive, Fergie, my joy at Harry hoiday reunion" in the press. She wouldn't even have to mention his name.

A simple remark, "we had a great holiday" would equal "Exclusive, Fergie, my joy at Harry hoiday reunion" in the press. She wouldn't even have to mention his name.

Ah, so true. All the magazines and papers seem to want these days is hyped up sensationalism. Look at the discrepancy between the front page headings on the women's magazines, then at the actually content. (Not that i ever read women's mags :whistling:

Back to the Yorks; i hope they had a great time and it's nice that they are able to go on holiday as a whole family.

Wonderful! So nice to see all three York ladies out supporting an important cause that's obviously very close to their hearts!

And I echoe comments above in hoping that had a fantastic holiday!

I agree, I think the the Yorks work very well together in supporting great causes. Sarah seems to work very hard for her patronages.

Sarah seems to work very hard for her patronages.

I don't think she has patronages any more, does she?

(I know she has certain charities but are those the same as patronages?)

Last edited:
Yes she is - you dont have t be a member of the BRF to be a patron.

Here is the full list from Wiki. The first one is the charity mentioned in tbhe post above.

1990, The Duchess became patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust and has since opened most of the charities various units, including those at Middlesex Hospital, University College London, St James’s University Hospital, Cardiff University Hospital and Royal Marsden Hospital

1993, The Duchess founded Children in Crisis a children’s charity focused on education and grant making to international programs. The Duchess serves as Founder and Life President.

2003, The Duchess joined the American Cancer Society at a congressional briefing. Sarah, Duchess of York, was a founding supporter of The American Cancer Society’s Great American Weigh In, an annual campaign (modelled after the Society’s Great American Smoke Out) aimed at raising awareness of the link between excess weight and cancer.

2006, The Duchess established The Sarah Ferguson Foundation based in Toronto, which derives funds from Sarah's commercial work and private donations with the aim of supporting charities internationally that serve children and families in dire need. Included under this umbrella organisation is her patronage of several British charities, including Mental Disability Rights International, the Teenage Cancer Trust,[55] Tommy's, and the Motor Neurone Disease Association
2008, The Duchess became patron of Humanitas, a charity focused on providing children with education, healthcare and family support

2010, The Duchess became a supporter of The Mullany Fund, whose aim is to support UK students wishing to study medicine or physiotherapy.

2011, The Duchess became the global ambassador for Not For Sale, a charity focused on human slavery

I don't think she has patronages any more, does she?

(I know she has certain charities but are those the same as patronages?)

Yes, Sarah still have her patronages that she supports. She became patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust in 1990. She's Founder and Life President of Children in Crisis since 1993. Sarah is also patron of the Mental Disability Rights International and the Motor Neurone Disease Association. In 2008, Sarah became patron of Humanitas, a charity focused on providing children with education, healthcare and family support. In 2010, she became a supporter of The Mullany Fund, whose aim is to support UK students wishing to study medicine or physiotherapy and in 2011, Sarah became the global ambassadorfor Not For Sale, a charity focused on human slavery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah,_Duchess_of_York

Yes she is - you dont have t be a member of the BRF to be a patron.

Here is the full list from Wiki. The first one is the charity mentioned in tbhe post above.

1990, The Duchess became patron of The Teenage Cancer Trust and has since opened most of the charities various units, including those at Middlesex Hospital, University College London, St James’s University Hospital, Cardiff University Hospital and Royal Marsden Hospital

1993, The Duchess founded Children in Crisis a children’s charity focused on education and grant making to international programs. The Duchess serves as Founder and Life President.

2003, The Duchess joined the American Cancer Society at a congressional briefing. Sarah, Duchess of York, was a founding supporter of The American Cancer Society’s Great American Weigh In, an annual campaign (modelled after the Society’s Great American Smoke Out) aimed at raising awareness of the link between excess weight and cancer.

2006, The Duchess established The Sarah Ferguson Foundation based in Toronto, which derives funds from Sarah's commercial work and private donations with the aim of supporting charities internationally that serve children and families in dire need. Included under this umbrella organisation is her patronage of several British charities, including Mental Disability Rights International, the Teenage Cancer Trust,[55] Tommy's, and the Motor Neurone Disease Association
2008, The Duchess became patron of Humanitas, a charity focused on providing children with education, healthcare and family support

2010, The Duchess became a supporter of The Mullany Fund, whose aim is to support UK students wishing to study medicine or physiotherapy.

2011, The Duchess became the global ambassador for Not For Sale, a charity focused on human slavery

While I certainly appreciate your info, and Sarah's patronages, may I strongly object to your referring Sarah as "The Duchess".
She is not "The Duchess" anymore, since the year she came out of BRF (divorced).
"Duchess of York" is just her style, in simple words, a surname since doesnt have one (a marital one). It is not a title she enjoys anymore..

For goodness sake.

We know she isn't The Duchess anymore, it looks like the information was taken directly from Wikipedia, so whomever provided the information to Wikipedia used the Big T instead of the little T. And cepe copied and pasted the information to answer a question on what patronages Sarah supported in the past and those she continues to support now.

You are more than welcome to edit the information in Wikipedia, but I am afraid its a losing battle. This reminds me of the time when someone posted some pics of Sarah in a Current Events thread, and Getty Images referred to Sarah's title incorrectly, and the discussion it created at the time. All the member did was cut and paste what Getty called Sarah nothing more and nothing less, and you would think that Sarah, the member and Getty were in some super conspiracy to get Sarah's official title back!

The BRF doesn't claim her. The British press refers to her correctly, so do the people who follow royalty and understand the schematics of styles and titles.

What do you expect when the general public (or at least the press) refer to Kate Middleton, Camilla Parker Bowles and Sophie Rhys Jones instead of their correct titles?

Last edited:
The Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and Sarah, Duchess of York attended a Chinese New Year party hosted by Sir David Tang. Sir David Tang's Chinese New Year party - Tatler
Beatrice and Eugenie's boyfriends, Dave Clark and Jack Brooksbank, were also in attendance.

Very nice to see them all at the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom