York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure I am actually writing this but I LIKE Princess Eugenie's dress...I think it's the colour I like mainly. I am not loving Beatrice's outfit though...not really sure what happened with that outfit...

I actually think both girls look fine. Not keen on the style of Bea's dress but love the colour of the dress not sure what the point of the black is. I think Eugenie looks great and she is a girl who seems comfortable with her figure so if she is happy she doesn't need to lose any weight. Glad they both brushed their hair and even happier that Sarah isn't around. Like Diarist I find it a little creepy when she stands there and holds their hands. Good to see them out and about and even Dave got to go along. I thought Eugenie had a bloke? Or is she single now?

I actually think both girls look fine. Not keen on the style of Bea's dress but love the colour of the dress not sure what the point of the black is. I think Eugenie looks great and she is a girl who seems comfortable with her figure so if she is happy she doesn't need to lose any weight. Glad they both brushed their hair and even happier that Sarah isn't around. Like Diarist I find it a little creepy when she stands there and holds their hands. Good to see them out and about and even Dave got to go along. I thought Eugenie had a bloke? Or is she single now?

I think they look like they prop Fergie up; truly, the woman clings like a limpet! I believe Eugenie split from her boyfriend (Jack?) but I don't think they were that serious anyway. She's very young, now is the time to date casually. Red is a wonderful color for her.

I have been away for the weekend [Burghley] and am just catching up on what I have missed here.

Looking at that photo of Sarah, is that ANOTHER one of those expensive Birkin bags she is carrying? Perhaps some clever fashionista can look at this and venture an opinion?

Thank you

Alex

Yup. A good $9K worth of handbag. Altho the dress is recycled from her US press tour touting "Finding Sarah." So that's a whopping $400 or so saved by re-using it. New belt.

I thought both York daughters looked wonderful at the Freddie Mercury event; note-perfect for their surroundings, and what's with the rude remarks about Eugenie's weight? She looks perfectly healthy if not as tiny as Bea is these days, but have the harpies snittering about her weight noticed that there is a distinctly different body type for each of them, starting with the very basics of height? Fortunately, I can't see all posts here.

I think Eugenie is better looking then Beatrice and her weight is fine for her height and she can carry it off. It wasn't that long ago that Beatrice was bigger clearly she wasn't comfortable and she lost it. By no means is Eugenie fat, she is volumptious and I think it's great she hasn't gone the same way as Beatrice. Some people are comfortable the way they are and not everyone looks good really thin. When I got really skinny everyone thought I was ill I'm a curvy girl and so is Eugenie. Too each his own, I have always thought Eugenie is far prettier then Beatrice some think Beatrice is stunning, something I just don't see with her at all.

Both girls look lovely. The secret seems to be to 'keep things simple'. Simple style dress in a bold colour, straightforward accessories and no wild touches!

I don't follow the popular press too closely, but wasn't there a story doing the rounds to the effect that Beatrice and Eugenie were now employing a stylist?

And, if I may say so without causing offence, isn't it nice to see the sisters out without their mother holding their hands?

Alex

I couldn't agree more, for once both girls look lovely, I just hope they keep it up,if they have got a stylist she is doing well.
It is a delightful change to see them without their clinging mother. She has her place in their lives but not in every photo and every social event they attend, holding their hands has become a tad annoying too. It sometimes seems she holds their hands more now than when they were little children :whistling:

I couldn't agree more, for once both girls look lovely, I just hope they keep it up,if they have got a stylist she is doing well.
It is a delightful change to see them without their clinging mother. She has her place in their lives but not in every photo and every social event they attend, holding their hands has become a tad annoying too. It sometimes seems she holds their hands more now than when they were little children :whistling:
I think the girls tend to dress with far more individual style and generally behave with a far greater degree of confidence and self-assurance when they are not with their mother. When she is with them they seem to spend all their time running interference for her rather than just being their normal, happy selves.

As to Sarah clinging and holding their hands? I am beginning to think that the girls are the ones doing the holding. Not as a clingy thing but more as a way of protecting her, keeping her out of trouble, under control and trying to protect her and them, from herself.

That protection seems to extend to being more concerned about how their mother looks than how they do. Either that or she acts as their stylist and they don't want to hurt her feelings. Either way, their general standard of dress and deportment is far superior when they are on their own.

Yup. A good $9K worth of handbag. Altho the dress is recycled from her US press tour touting "Finding Sarah." So that's a whopping $400 or so saved by re-using it. New belt.

I've seen Sarah recycle clothing often, wearing the same outfit in public 3 or 4 times or more. This is more than the senior royals normally recycle clothes. Now, it's also a lot less than the rest of us recycle clothes, and maybe these clothes are too expensive to begin with; but I'm just pointing out that Sarah doesn't always try to live like a royal or one of the super-rich.

I have to disagree with Iluvbertie on Beatrice's and Eugenie's appearances: I thought they looked great. Beatrice's dress was a little flashy, but it looked good on her. Eugenie does look slimmer, and does anyone think that she has strawberry highlights to her hair in the summer? I remember when she was a baby, she actually had reddish hair.

Also, must we bring Sarah into a discussion of an appearance Beatrice and Eugenie made without Sarah? Don't we have enough to discuss about Sarah when she actually makes an appearance? I know she holds their hands, but...sometimes I feel like people come to these threads with the main intention of taking a dig at Sarah, and I find this irritating.

Last edited:
Also, must we bring Sarah into a discussion of an appearance Beatrice and Eugenie made without Sarah? Don't we have enough to discuss about Sarah when she actually makes an appearance? I know she holds their hands, but...sometimes I feel like people come to these threads with the main intention of taking a dig at Sarah, and I find this irritating.
When something is so obvious as a difference of style and attitude that it is noted, then yes, it is necessary. It may not reflect well on Sarah but that is not the point.

I might also point out that this is a public forum and people have as much right as you to voice their opinions of any of the Yorks, regardless of how irritating you find it.

Last edited:

The Duke of York and the Duchess of York today, September 9, attended Princess Beatrice's
graduation ceremony at Goldsmiths College in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

And here are some pics with Beatrice:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife ** gettyimages gallery 2 ** IBL gallery **

** express.co: PRINCESS BEATRICE GRADUATES AS PROUD ANDREW AND FERGIE LOOK ON **

** dailymail: Proud Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson unite to watch Princess Beatrice graduate Goldsmiths **

Last edited:
I see nothing in the body language of these two people that leads me to believe that they are "close" in any way. Neither at the recent funeral of Christopher Shale OR here. They could be two people that do not even know one another who just happen to be walking in the same direction. It's also time for Sarah to contain her hair a bit if she insists on leaving it long. IMO ... of course.

Very well done to Beatrice, a 2:1 is a fantastic achievement. I hope to be as good as Beatrice in History.

I see nothing in the body language of these two people that leads me to believe that they are "close" in any way.

True - although I noticed Prince Andrew eyeing the photographers here.http://i53.tinypic.com/2rh8qhx.jpg I have seen him glaring at photographers out of the corner of his eye on other occasions, too. IMO Sarah and Andrew keep their distance from each other publicly because they know there are photographers around.

True - although I noticed Prince Andrew eyeing the photographers here.http://i53.tinypic.com/2rh8qhx.jpg I have seen him glaring at photographers out of the corner of his eye on other occasions, too. IMO Sarah and Andrew keep their distance from each other publicly because they know there are photographers around.

So the very fact that they aren't photographed close together provides evidence that they are together? That's a bit of a reach, IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------

And the graduation! A proud moment in any parent's life, and a toast to the new graduate on that accomplishment.

:previous: Just as the point that Sarah and Andrew are not standing next to each other doesn't prove that they don't have any "relationship" at all other than two proud parents. A couple of snapshots that are taken for a couple seconds doesn't prove anything either way IMO.

Can't we just enjoy Beatrice's accomplishment without any Sarah digs?

--------------

Congrats to Beatrice! I like the statement from BP...it sounds like a very open ended statement (she can either go into business, charity or royal duties) or a mixture of all three.

:previous: Just as the point that Sarah and Andrew are not standing next to each other doesn't prove that they don't have any "relationship" at all other than two proud parents. A couple of snapshots that are taken for a couple seconds doesn't prove anything either way IMO.

Exactly my point, Zonk! Exactamundo.

Congrats to Beatrice!

Yeah, it's a pretty groovy thing.

Very well done to Beatrice, especially considering she's overcome dyslexia to earn herself a very good 2:1 in a subject that surely requires much reading and writing.

Sarah and Andrew both look happy and most importantly, they are demonstrating family unity which is certainly preferable to any other way a divorced couple could behave.

This is a really happy family occasion - I agree Loyal Royal, one aspect of Sarah & Andrew's relationship to admire is their joint parenting. If there have been strong disagreements about parenting matters, they have done very well in keeping these private.

Very well done to Beatrice, especially considering she's overcome dyslexia to earn herself a very good 2:1 in a subject that surely requires much reading and writing.

Sarah and Andrew both look happy and most importantly, they are demonstrating family unity which is certainly preferable to any other way a divorced couple could behave.

I totally agree - it's a wonderful achievement, especially, as you say, considering her dyslexia!

I think the point about family unity is a very important one too. One of the things I most admire in the Yorks is how they stick together as a family. When I graduated, my parents were also divorced, and my father refused to be in the same room as my mother. It ruined what should have been a memorable occasion, and I'm glad Beatrice doesn't have to go through that.
People will always speculate about the precise nature of Sarah and Andrew's relationship, but the most important thing is that they have always shown a united front as parents.

Once again, congratulations to Beatrice for all her hard work, and for an achievement that deserves to be celebrated!

I am glad to hear Beatrice's news, and also glad to hear that "royal duties" is still one of her options. I hope she gets to take some time choosing how to construct the next phase of her life, there's a lot one can do with a degree in history and there's probably a deeper personal reason why she chose that field. I'm guessing she knows a good deal about the history of her nation by now, as well as more than most young people about the history of the rest of the world.

Looking forward to hearing more about Beatrice.

MYROYALS: PR

WHAT is going on with Sarah's face?!?!?!?! IT also looks like she's put on a few pounds - comfort eating perhaps?

A very long and loud Standing Ovation to Princess Beatrice on her Graduation from Goldsmiths. As someone here said, considering her learning disability, to go after and achieve a degree/diploma (I don't know how things work in GB at University/College, but I'll get to that...) in an area/field where there had to be an awful lot of reading is very impressive indeed.

Now...

Very well done to Beatrice, a 2:1 is a fantastic achievement. I hope to be as good as Beatrice in History.

As I said, I have no idea how things work in GB when it comes to University/College. Here in Ontario, College is more practical, hands on learning and usually for two years. At the end of that, you acheive a Diploma in whatever you applied for. Which is why I say I have a Diploma in Broadcast Journalism from the Program I graduated from at the College I attended in Eastern Ontario.

University is different where it's four years, mostly theory and book work and you come out at the end of it all w/a Degree of some sort. Such as William and Kate both have BA's IIRC, right?

So what did Beatrice achieve, other than graduating obviously, when it says she graduated w/a 2:1 in History? Does she have a Degree or is it more a Diploma?

Sorry for asking what looks like stupid questions, but Mom asked me what her Degree was in and I couldn't tell her, because I didn't understand it myself. Thanks in advance Gang!! :)

Bea earned her BA (history) degree with honours

Bea earned her BA (history) degree with honours

That couldn't have been easy for Beatrice, given the media interest in her family during much of her time at Uni, plus her learning disability. Good for her, the BRF must all be so proud. I hope this bodes well for her future career and that she will have as much success in whatever she chooses to work at as she did in school.

Congratulations to Beatrice. I hope she finds a job she really likes.

Congratulations to Beatrice & her family! The BRF must be so proud of her and I too hope that she finds a job that will love.

University is different where it's four years, mostly theory and book work and you come out at the end of it all w/a Degree of some sort. Such as William and Kate both have BA's IIRC, right?

So what did Beatrice achieve, other than graduating obviously, when it says she graduated w/a 2:1 in History? Does she have a Degree or is it more a Diploma?

University degrees in the UK are usually 3 years, 4 depending on the course and 5, 6 or more if you're doing Medicine depends on the university. Beatrice got a 2:1 BA (Hons) in History and History of Ideas.

William got an MA upper second class honours which is also a 2:1 in Geography. His is an MA because he studied in Scotland. Catherine recieved an MA (2:1 Hons) in the History of Art.

BA stands for Bachelor of Arts and MA stands for Master of Arts.

In the UK, diploma can refer to several different types of academic qualification. The Diploma of Higher Education is a higher education award below the standard of a bachelor's degree. The term can also refer to a Postgraduate Diploma or to the new 14–19 Diploma that was introduced in England in September 2008. Postgraduate Diploma award is higher than the Bachelor's degree.

Whereas a degree, means different things to different people.
Academic degree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congratulations to Beatrice and I sincerely wish her all the best with her future plans. Andrew, Sarah and Beatrice all looked happy and proud, and I hope that at least for one day they were able to forget all their recent troubles and woes and enjoyed a very happy and special day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom