The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a rather tacky costume for a woman Fergie's age, though.
Beatrice's is more in the spirit of fun, Fergie just looks ridiculous, as someone mentioned earlier.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a Christmas party! You're entitled to look silly at a Christmas party. I think Sarah and Beatrice both look fabulous.

If I looked as good as Sarah does now, I'd wear a silly outfit like that, too, and I'm older than Sarah. I'm built more for the Christmas Pudding outfit, and I wouldn't need padding.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Administrator

I think Sarah looks great.

as previously mentioned...its a Christmas party after all. She is feeling confident in regards to her figure, and that isn't a bad thing imo. she isn't showing too much and she has a great legs.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's Christmas and most people wear silly things at some time during the Christmas Season.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Courtier

I think they should off swapped costumes. Sarah is just a little old to be wearing such a short dress no matter how good people think her legs are. No pictures of Andrew I kind of doubt he went as Santa or they would off said. Beatrices outfit is fun but she could off gotten away with Sarahs much better.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Majesty

Andrew and Sarah have bought a "nest egg" for their daughters.
Prince Andrew buys £13m ski lodge despite sex slave scandal | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Andrew and Sarah have bought a "nest egg" for their daughters.
Prince Andrew buys £13m ski lodge despite sex slave scandal | Daily Mail Online
I don't even know whether we should be very shocked, or not at all surprised. They are certainly re-writing all divorce rules. They've done everything to give their girls a family life despite the divorce, it's such a shame that they then spoil it by getting such negative press.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Not good timing !! People will want to know where has the money come from. Nice they want to do something for their girls but luxury ski lodge !! Fairly typical of them really

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

And where is Sarah getting her money these days ??? That's a pretty big mortgage

Old 01-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And where is Sarah getting her money these days ??? That's a pretty big mortgage

My guess is old 'moneybags' Andrew is supplying the bulk of the deposit, unless some nice friend has come to the party. Nothing would surprise me about these two and you're correct, royal rob, it's typical behaviour from them. Forget about being mired in scandal, dragging the dynasty's reputation through the mud. Let's buy an expensive ski chalet!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I don't even know whether we should be very shocked, or not at all surprised. They are certainly re-writing all divorce rules. They've done everything to give their girls a family life despite the divorce, it's such a shame that they then spoil it by getting such negative press.
When they bought it last year there was no scandal. But what really concerns me is your belief that they are the cause of negative press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Not good timing !! People will want to know where has the money come from. Nice they want to do something for their girls but luxury ski lodge !! Fairly typical of them really.
Money? None of our darned business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
My guess is old 'moneybags' Andrew is supplying the bulk of the deposit, unless some nice friend has come to the party. Nothing would surprise me about these two and you're correct, royal rob, it's typical behaviour from them. Forget about being mired in scandal, dragging the dynasty's reputation through the mud. Let's buy an expensive ski chalet!
Please get your facts right. The civil suit that started the "scandal" was not filed until the working week between Christmas and New Year, so I am guessing that Andrew and Sarah's crystal ball was a bit cracked!

They obviously don't need the Daily Mail et al to spread gossip and disinformation. There seems way too many prescient bullies pontificating about nothing.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

Money? None of our darned business

Your right not my business BUT since we know where Sarah as got money from before makes me wonder what she as had to do to get it again.

And I am disgusted that all the service and hard work the Queen has done and now her spoiled brat of a son is giving the UK the finger.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Nobility

This questionable deal is where most of the money comes from - who legitimately pays $3 million over asking price for a home long on the market then lets the place fall to ruin. The present house in the UK was $7.5 million, leaving $7.5 million plus they do work or could get a mortgage. Fergie is now selling food emulsifiers.

The fall of the house of York: Why has the mansion sold by Duke in mystery £15m deal gone to ruin? | Daily Mail Online

Is Fergie's 'Fusion Xcelerator food emulsifier' her most extraordinary pursuit yet? | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Andrew has dragged the royal family's reputation through the mud on several occasions. He and Fergie signed up for the chalet in November/December. I don't believe that news of this court action broke on poor naive Andrew, all unawares, as it happened, in January. I think he would have had some forewarning.

As for 'none of our business' I am a taxpayer in the UK as well as in Australia, plus the Queen is my Queen of Australia too. The behaviour of her crass and stupid son and his ex wife impacts on me as a monarchist and I'm entitled to comment on it.

If you think Andrew selling the former family home at a grossly inflated price to an Eastern oligarch's son and then buying a luxury ski lodge in between meeting with sex offenders and having massages from teenage girls is acceptable behaviour for the Queen's son, fine! It isn't for me!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
When they bought it last year there was no scandal. But what really concerns me is your belief that they are the cause of negative press.
Oh I'm sorry Marg I think you misinterpreted me. My point was that I think Andrew and Sarah have been brilliant in doing everything they can to ensure that the girls haven't had to endure the usual upsets/stresses/traumas of children of separated parents. Unfortunately I think this is balanced out by the upset the girls must feel when Andrew and Sarah are in the news for all the wrong reasons (not the girls). They have done absolutely nothing wrong.
I'm sure the girls would have been very happy before Christmas when Andrew and Sarah joined forces and bought the ski lodge, but Andrew's scandal will have overshadowed it.
IMO the purchase is another example of how united as parents they are, and I admire them for it (and your right it's none of our business).
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Andrew has dragged the royal family's reputation through the mud on several occasions. He and Fergie signed up for the chalet in November/December. I don't believe that news of this court action broke on poor naive Andrew, all unawares, as it happened, in January. I think he would have had some forewarning.

As for 'none of our business' I am a taxpayer in the UK as well as in Australia, plus the Queen is my Queen of Australia too. The behaviour of her crass and stupid son and his ex wife impacts on me as a monarchist and I'm entitled to comment on it.

If you think Andrew selling the former family home at a grossly inflated price to an Eastern oligarch's son and then buying a luxury ski lodge in between meeting with sex offenders and having massages from teenage girls is acceptable behaviour for the Queen's son, fine! It isn't for me!

Well said ! I TOTALY agree with what you say and we do have to right ask where the money has come from. We don't want her selling off time with Andrew again

And did you read the part where they explain that it was too big to be sold to non citizens so they had to sell it as 2 different lots so he got 2 levels and she got 2 levels. Wonder how that will play out long term when she's broke again

Old 01-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Serene Highness

I think its reasonable for people to query where the money has come from given we know both Sarah and Andrew have had dodgy dealings in the past - Sarah had her loans/bankruptcy (at least £15,000) paid off by Epstein and Andrew mysteriously managed to sell his and Sarah's house for £3million more than the asking price to the son in law of the President of Kazakhstan after years of trying to sell it
Old 01-09-2015, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not worried about this ski lodge investment by Andrew and Sarah. It's great they have this place for them and their family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Serene Highness

I think it's great that Sarah and Andrew have this place to stay with their daughters, and it looks like a beautiful mountain. However, it's very unfortunate timing for this news to emerge. I'm also blown away by the size of the chalet...it has an indoor pool, a lounge filled with antiques, furs in the master bedroom, and accommodates a chef and 5 other staff! Keeping in mind the public furore over Andrew's lifestyle, this investment doesn't reflect well on his ability to manage money.

I'm sure Andrew and Sarah could have bought something smaller and simpler, that could accommodate their family just as well, without splashing out 13 million pounds.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:36 AM
Royal Highness

Andrew has done many stupid things, but this is not bought with public money, so it's not our business.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Do you remember the Charles and Diana days. They dragged the royal family through mud MUCH MORE SO than Prince Andrew. Fact.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york