The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
He hasn't distance himself from Sarah. Sometimes they even attend events together, private trips, and sometimes they are seen together on official trips together. I think Andrew wants people to understand that's he's happy and proud of his family. Not everyone understands his relationship with Sarah and finds himself having to explain his family life.
I think Sarah expressed it best when she said they had "the happiest divorce on Earth". Its obviously an arrangement that works well for them. If only all divorces could be so amicable.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think Sarah expressed it best when she said they had "the happiest divorce on Earth". Its obviously an arrangement that works well for them. If only all divorces could be so amicable.
I agree, I've seen so many couples go through separations and divorces and the families are just torn apart. Despite all the drama and bad press, the York's have managed to keep things together and in a happy way. I have to applaud them on that.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
He hasn't distance himself from Sarah. Sometimes they even attend events together, private trips, and sometimes they are seen together on official trips together.
I watched the whole video and I had a little different impression, so I agree that he was happy to talk about his family life and is proud of it (and I think he should be). But he does distance himself from Sarah in public...if you ever look at photos of them after having dinner together, one of them walks out first so as not to be photographed together. Also, if they do appear in public together, Sarah has a different position and status from Andrew and couldn't sit with him and Beatrice at David Frost's funeral. It's understandable, because they are divorced...but I find it sad at the same time.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I watched the whole video and I had a little different impression, so I agree that he was happy to talk about his family life and is proud of it (and I think he should be). But he does distance himself from Sarah in public...if you ever look at photos of them after having dinner together, one of them walks out first so as not to be photographed together. Also, if they do appear in public together, Sarah has a different position and status from Andrew and couldn't sit with him and Beatrice at David Frost's funeral. It's understandable, because they are divorced...but I find it sad at the same time.
The departing from restaurants is a very interesting thing. Sometimes I think it's done that way for security reasons. Beatrice & Eugenie sometimes do the samething.

There are times they are pictured together and there are times when they're not. Most recently they were in California and toured a school together with Will.i.am and was photographed together. They also arrived at Sir David Frost's funeral together.

I too find it sad that, if Sarah attends a formal event with Andrew, she have to sit in another spot. That's just the arrangement since their divorce. We have to keep in mind that Andrew and Sarah still live together, although she's in a different part of Royal Lodge.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 AM
Administrator

While Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London, see here, Sarah and Eugenie participated in the annual Charity Day hosted by Cantor Fitzgerald and BGC at BGC Partners in New York City yesterday, September 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

** aol.co.uk video: The Duchess and HRH Princess of York Bring Awareness to Children in Crisis **
Old 09-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

While Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London, see here, Sarah and Eugenie participated in the annual Charity Day hosted by Cantor Fitzgerald and BGC at BGC Partners in New York City yesterday, September 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

** aol.co.uk video: The Duchess and HRH Princess of York Bring Awareness to Children in Crisis **

I was wondering about this, as there's been some notice/press release in the past about this event IIRC, so when I didn't see one, I did wonder. Good to know Sarah took part, but I would think this is a very personal event for her to do, as she was supposed to be at a meeting at Cantor Fitzgerald in the WTC when the planes hit the Towers.

If she hadn't got caught in the morning Rush Hour in the cab she was in...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yesterday saw Princess Beatrice take to the phones in London as she joined Samuel L. Jackson for a day of celebrity trading for charity.
Not to be outdone, her sister Princess Eugenie and mother Sarah Ferguson followed suit a couple of hours later - only, in New York.
Mother and daughter took to the phones and cut or deal or two during the telethon at the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald and BGC in the Big Apple.
Girls day out! A glamorous Fergie and Princess Eugenie share a smile as they join forces for a charity telethon in New York | Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah looks absolutely great at the GBC Global Charity Day. That had to be an important day for her, she was minutes away from being the World Trade Centre on 9/11 and Howard Lutnick, who runs the charity, is a friend of hers.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah looks very smart. That's not something I get to say very often!

Eugenie looks pretty good, too.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Sarah looks absolutely great at the GBC Global Charity Day. That had to be an important day for her, she was minutes away from being the World Trade Centre on 9/11 and Howard Lutnick, who runs the charity, is a friend of hers.
Yes indeed. She was supposed to be in the Towers that day but she was running late. It probably saved her life.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Administrator

Sarah and Beatrice attended the Bell Pottinger Charity Dinner hosted for the Northwood African Education Foundation in London yesterday, November 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 11-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice was at Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi

November 23 2014. Princess Beatrice was at Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2014 Along with Prince Harry and the Duke Of York also including many other officials such as HRH Mohamed bin Zayed. view photos here: HRH Princess Beatrice, Princess Beatrice at Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu...
Old 11-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Royal Highness

It's a great shot the pic with Sheikh Mohammed bin zayed Al nahyan <3
Old 11-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, and his daughter Princess Beatrice today visited the British School Al Khubairat in Abu Dhabi to officially name two school buildings.

The British royals were joined by Shaikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, the Minister for Culture, Youth and Community Development of UAE, and the British ambassador to the UAE.

The National

Old 11-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Majesty

It's always nice to see Beatrice or Eugenie appear with their father.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Here is an interview with Andrew and Sarah about a charity project the York family is involved with:Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson talk about ethical fashion initiative Key To Freedom at Topshop | Marie Claire
Old 12-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of York as Santa for pub Christmas party with Beatrice and Prince Andrew* | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear.... I hate to say this but Sarah looks ridiculous... But that-s a christmas party so she didnt have to mind
Old 12-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's the beauty of the holiday parties, you can dress up in the most silly costumes and not care what others may think about it. Sarah looks good, but Beatrice was more creative with the Christmas pudding costume. Looks like they had a good time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Sure the outfit is silly, but it's a Christmas party at a local pub. Sarah's waist is tiny, her legs are slim, she's looking great and relaxed and confident. Interesting that she and Andrew went with Beatrice, I wonder if he went as Santa to match Sarah's Mrs. Claus?

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of york, old photos, pictures, prince andrew, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york