York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah is looking really well. Hasn't been that trim in a good decade and her hair looks great. Very nice to see the Yorks, as a family, out and about and happy.

Sarah looks good for a women rising 70 but not for a women in her mid-50s. Someone should also tell her that front slits in skirts are worn by the very young or by women of a certain profession.

I do hope that the girls age better than she does.

Last edited:
Sarah looks good for a women rising 70 but not for a women in her mid-50s. Someone should also tell her that front slits in skirts are worn by the very young or by women of a certain profession.

I do hope that the girls age better than she does.

Especially not a slit placed THERE. :eek:

She looks like she's regained a bit of the weight she lost - which may account for the dress being too tight thus the pulling apart of the skirt making the 'slit' into a gap. I believe that women of a certain age who have attractive legs can wear skirts with slits, however, the allure is the flash of leg as you move or sit, not constant exposure. In Sarah's case the slit is about a foot too high, IMO, but she looks happy and doubtless is clueless about how she appears, fashion never having been her strong suit.

Sarah seems to have a fondness for skirts that are too short for her and too tight, and there is no excuse for the split in that one. She still has good legs but we don't need to see her knees. A nice mid-knee-length a-line skirt would be far more attractive and suitable, I think, but if she must wear a pencil skirt then not so tight and put the split at the back, and only be long enough to allow for movement.

Oh dear I have heard of this woman I really hope it isn't true. If it is we will be hearing more about it she isn't very good with secrets she released private pictures of her with George Clooney it really isn't a good idea.

I don't know; she is very attractive, and it would be a chance to shake loose from Fergie.
Why not try for another shot at marital happiness, the way that Charles and Anne both did?

Both Andrew & Sarah have dated others over the years. Don't know if the story is true but it would nice to see him with someone and happy.

I would like to see Andrew happy with someone too. But not Monika Jakisic she is not what you would call Duchess material. I can see him having a fling with her but I don't see the Queen ever inviting her for tea. Way too much baggage and press would have a field day with her past.

with the range of opinions on this forum- far more particular than HMQ - no one would ever be invited to tea.

The Queen has learnt that those who were deemed 'duchess or princess' material haven't necessarily been the right wives for her sons and I am sure that if this woman, or any other woman, is the one Andrew does want she won't stand in his way - and anyway in a couple of years she won't be able to stop him.

One of the changes to the Succession to the Crown Act is that only the first six in the line of succession need the monarch's permission to marry. Once that is passed in all the realms and Andrew has dropped to 7th in line he can marry who he pleases and there is nothing anyone can do to stop him.

Last edited:
She can't stop him now. He is older than 25 so he would have to give notice to the Privy Council and it up to Parliament to stop him if the Queen refused consent. Considering that there is 4 people ahead for the throne, I don't think Parliament would care.

He has been seen talking to her in 2 public places. Lets try and keep this in perspective, shall we? This isn't supposed to be a gossip column

Why not?
Personally I love gossip!

(Like Alice Longworth....if you can't say anything nice about anybody, sit right here next to me!)

sadly, this might be where this forum is going

She can't stop him now. He is older than 25 so he would have to give notice to the Privy Council and it up to Parliament to stop him if the Queen refused consent. Considering that there is 4 people ahead for the throne, I don't think Parliament would care.

Currently he needs consent - from either the monarch or failing that make an application to parliament and wait a year and hope that neither house objects but...if he simply waits a couple of years there is a good chance he won't need to bother anyone and just be able to marry whom he like - as can any other person in the land.

The fact that the new law says the first six in the line of succession still must seek consent says that parliament regards having 4 ahead of a person as not sufficient protection otherwise they would have gone with a lower figure than 6.

Don't worry if he is seeing Monika Jakisic she will make sure everyone knows about it. I know quite a bit about Monika I am an avid follower of her rumoured ex George Clooney. The press would love for Andrew to be caught going out with her they would have a field day. I didn't know they were bringing in that law I wonder why 6 is the magic number? Andrew may not be all that keen to marry again anyway at the moment he can do what he wants when he wants and he seems pretty happy about it.

I would like to see Andrew happy with someone too. But not Monika Jakisic she is not what you would call Duchess material. I can see him having a fling with her but I don't see the Queen ever inviting her for tea. Way too much baggage and press would have a field day with her past.

Me too... always good for a laugh. He is a bit like the Gary Goldsmith. Does everyone have such an uncle?

Andrew is currently 5th and will likely drop to 6th in the next 12-18 months assuming W&C have #2. But he may be @ #6 for awhile as Harry is probably 4-5 years from having children and I'm guessing W&C will stop @ 2.
That said, I can't see this young woman as a long term partner for Andrew.
I had assumed the Yorks did not go on their annual skiing holiday for the Duke's birthday this year because both girls were working and couldn't get time off. But now I'm not so sure.

Monika Jakisic looks to be looking for a 'daddy'. Andrew is 20 years older than her & George was 19 years older.

Sarah is much better for him.

Monika Jakisic looks to be looking for a 'daddy'. Andrew is 20 years older than her & George was 19 years older.

Sarah is much better for him.

Eye of the beholder; I don't see how anybody could be worse for him than Sarah.

Me too... always good for a laugh. He is a bit like the Gary Goldsmith. Does everyone have such an uncle?

I think every family has at least one such relative. It's a requirement.

I think Andrew & Sarah do work well together but they have dated others over the years. Although not much has come come out of either relationships.

I'm not a huge Sarah fan but I would rather her with Andrew then Monika J. And it is true both Sarah and Andrew have dated others through the years it's a very unconventional relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom