York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of 21st parties have parents and parents friends there. It just doesnt make such a good story.

The DM reported it that way but that doesn't mean that is the case and it would be the height of bad manners to just turn up to a 21st birthday without an invitation.

Agreed Iluvbertie. The quote: "But Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie needed to best on their best behaviour when they hit the town last night - their mother had decided to tag along too."

Read more: Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have a night on the tiles... and mum came along too | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not only does the DM make the snarky comment, but they can't even get the sentence right. While we all make typos in private communication, it really cheeses me when the pros do it! Aaargh DM!

Most likely there were parents and other adults there too. The DM is always trying to start something.

The DM reported it that way but that doesn't mean that is the case and it would be the height of bad manners to just turn up to a 21st birthday without an invitation.

It absolutely would be for you and for me, but perhaps everyone doesn't see it that way?

I personally have gone to plenty of mixed-ages parties, 21st birthdays included. If a young person is celebrating a special occasion, I imagine that the parents are there, and they probably invite other parents. If you are entertaining a large number of young people, you need back-up! Not just two adults and dozens of inexperienced drinkers!

Apparently some here believe that Sarah is a frequent party crasher. Do you really believe that a Duchess needs to force her way into social situations to which she has not been invited? I don't, and I find it unkind to suggest that she is a rude individual who intrudes on the lives of her daughters and their friends.

Now that they no longer have protection officers, it may be that the girls, their family, and the families of those who invite the Yorks feel more comfortable with a 'chaperone.'

Sarah looks terrible. She didn't slap on even a drop of makeup. :ermm:

I don't know what is up with Sarah and her lack of makeup she has been doing that a lot lately. She doesn't have the skin to pull off no makeup she needs it. It just seems that whenever the girls get pictured going to a party there is Sarah along too it makes it look like she is hanging on and it's about the only time she gets papped these days. Most young girls would be with their boyfriends not with their mothers an odd party here or there is one thing but Fergie always seems to be there too. I notice we rarely see Andrew.

A lot of 21st parties have parents and parents friends there. It just doesnt make such a good story.

For my 21st birthday, I didn't have a party. Instead me and my immediate family (parents and both brothers) went to Darien Lake (just two hours away) and afterwards, my parents bought me my first legal American drink (the legal age here is 19; 18 in Quebec). I'd already had my first legal drink two years earlier. One of my presents was a black short-sleeve T-shirt that had "21" and the card symbols around it in pink, which I wore to the park. I played the guess-your-age game, and they thought I was 15 despite the shirt (I have yet to lose that game).

Andrew goes out with the girls when he gets the chance too. Seems like they all attended the party as they were all invited.

Apparently some here believe that Sarah is a frequent party crasher. Do you really believe that a Duchess needs to force her way into social situations to which she has not been invited? I don't, and I find it unkind to suggest that she is a rude individual who intrudes on the lives of her daughters and their friends.

To that, I would say that it depends on the Duchess.

It is no secret that Fergie is persona non grata in royal circles, and it wouldn't surprise me if this often carries over into aristocratic circles as well.

(You don't see Anne trailing around after Zara, or the Duchess of Gloucester hanging out in clubs with her daughters).

The York's do they're own thing and they seem to really enjoy each others company. Sarah isn't always with the girls when they are out and about, but when they all invited to something, they go together.

There's an old joke which applies to how the DM feels about Sarah:

One day Sarah was seen walking on the water, crossing the Thames.
DM headline: Fergie Can't Swim!

It may be true that the DM is overly critical of the Yorks.

Still, if Beatrice and Eugenie are dressed for a party and Fergie drops by and says she'll accompany them, what could they possibly say?

(I think the rest of the Yorks tend to be enablers for Fergie, frankly).

I like that the York's enjoy each others company and do what they like and not allow outsiders to dictate their lives. It's a shame how people and the media treat these people.

Still, if Beatrice and Eugenie are dressed for a party and Fergie drops by and says she'll accompany them, what could they possibly say?

I think that the Yorks have a very close family unit... even with the divorce of the parents. A very functional dysfunctional family but what the heck... it works for them.

And just think.. if Beatrice marries Dave, she'll be going right along with centuries of traditions and morals in marrying a Virgin husband. ;)

I believe that most young women, including the Yorks, are quite capable of challenging their mothers if necessary. If Sarah did make a habit of continually crashing the girls' party invitations, it would embarrass them in front of their hosts. If a girl's mother is embarrassing her, the daughter will let her know in no uncertain terms.

What gives any one on here the idea that Sarah does not have good manners? Her upbringing is such that good manners are guaranteed and would be instinctive. Hr daughters have manners.

Stop making stuff up, and go with facts. She may have been stupid in her actions, but she is not rude.

I agree, I think people should stop making things up about Sarah. She's made her mistakes but she's not a bad person at all.

Everyone seems to agree that the York girls have good manners so then we have to look at where they learnt them - in Bea's case we can't attribute to boarding school as she didn't go there all that long - so it must have been someone at home. Now Dad was away in the navy for a lot of the younger years and has a reputation for not having the best of manners anyway so that leaves - you guessed it - their mother. If Sarah taught her girls manners, and I suspect that a lot of the credit for the way they have turned out is down to Sarah's influence, then it isn't credible that she would have bad manners herself.

Thanks to all

Who are trying to put this topic (Sarah as party-crasher) to rest. It's unkind and petty and unlikely to be true, so why continue to promote it. Thank you, I'll climb down off my horsie now.

Sarah, Beatrice, Eugenie and her boyfriend Jack attended the Masterpiece Midsummer Party in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, hosted by Heather Kerzner, at The Royal Hospital Chelsea on July 2, 2013.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
thanks for that link, Dman; i had not realised the Duke of York had his own website; it's very nicely arranged and well worth a visit.

Sarah look bad that dress is just awful. At least she is wearing makeup. I like Eugenie's outfit and her hair looks great. Don't like Beatrices dress!

But for the over the top waist whatever is was (shawl, serape?) Sarah's dress might have been quite flattering but as it was it just drew the eye to the least flattering place, IMO. Beatrice and Eugenie both looked lovely. I'm a bit surprised that Dave wasn't there as the whole Branson clan was, perhaps he's not a tennis fan or had another commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom