York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that, Andrew and Sarah certainly haven't done themselves any favours at times. Sarah's dealings with the 'Fake Sheik' and Andrew's friendships with convicted sex offenders being the most obvious in recent years. Incredibly ill-judged on both their parts.

To me, it's just unfair that their daughters are having to live with some of the backlash for which they were not responsible.

Having said that, Andrew and Sarah certainly haven't done themselves any favours at times. Sarah's dealings with the 'Fake Sheik' and Andrew's friendships with convicted sex offenders being the most obvious in recent years. Incredibly ill-judged on both their parts.

To me, it's just unfair that their daughters are having to live with some of the backlash for which they were not responsible.

I was going to say the same things. :flowers:
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Beatrice and Eugenie are blacklisted without using the word "Sarah".

I agree. Sarah and Andrew have done some questionable things, but that has nothing to do with their children. Beatrice and Eugenie seem lovely and I think they can be a real asset to the BRF. Hopefully we'll see them take on more royal duties.

Much as I like both girls, their outfits at William's wedding were pretty absurd and turned them into objects of ridicule around the world. Beatrice did try and work the attention to her advantage by auctioning her hat for charity, but I don't think they realised how their choice of outfits on that particular day would be hung round their necks for the forseeable.

Much as I like both girls, their outfits at William's wedding were pretty absurd and turned them into objects of ridicule around the world. Beatrice did try and work the attention to her advantage by auctioning her hat for charity, but I don't think they realised how their choice of outfits on that particular day would be hung round their necks for the forseeable.

I don't even remember what they wore and I watched that ceremony from start to finish. Fashion can be improved.

I also didn't pay attention to what Beatrice & Eugenie was wearing at the wedding. I thought they looked pretty normal after looking back the videos and pictures. I'm from the south, I have seen church ladies wear hats that will leave you puzzled. I know the British ladies are also known to wear huge hats.

No doubt, Andrew & Sarah have made their share of bad mistakes but the criticism towards their family remain over the top, IMO.

While the DM article is typically nasty, I was surprised at the top-rated comments at the end of it; most of them are not negative towards Beatrice and Eugenie which is a small miracle in itself.

Artemisia - that article was like watching a tennis match - a slam, than a defensive volley, then another slam. But now that I think about it, I think if I were Bea or Eugenie, the best thing I could do to help me navigate the next decade would be to go to The Princess Royal, or to Zara even and ask "What should I do - help me find my path in life." I think the advice would be realistic and reasonable. That said...
I don't think the public thinks the York girls are complete moochers; I do think a lot of people noticed that the girls have lobbied for royal jobs and have been cut off in that pursuit. But I also think they are seen as good girls, generally.
Just from actions, it seems the girls mum and dad are pushing for more. And they seem to be meeting resistance. And I think a lot of people believe the Queen has learned (through her own generous actions that came back to bite her) to make sure the "firm" is not too large or filled with people that find appearing before a crowd of 45 in a small town to place a plaque as a fate worse than death. .
I also think most people perceive that Charles does not support Bea and Eugenie for a role in the firm. The public also has not seen a collegial image or read of a collegial interaction between Andrew and Charles in a long time.
It appears from the outside to be a mess. I'm just sorry that Bea and Eugenie are caught up in it.

Last edited:
Artemisia - that article was like watching a tennis match - a slam, than a defensive volley, then another slam.
I don't think the public thinks the York girls are complete moochers; I do think a lot of people noticed that the girls have lobbied for royal jobs and have been cut off in that pursuit. But I also think they are seen as good girls, generally.
Just from actions, it seems the girls mum and dad are pushing for more. And they seem to be meeting resistance. And I think a lot of people believe the Queen has learned (through her own generous actions that came back to bite her) to make sure the "firm" is not too large or filled with people that find appearing before a crowd of 45 in a small town to place a plaque as a fate worse than death. .
I also think most people perceive that Charles does not support Bea and Eugenie for a role in the firm. The public also has not seen a collegial image or read of a collegial interaction between Andrew and Charles in a long time.
It appears from the outside to be a mess. I'm just sorry that Bea and Eugenie are caught up in it.

I agree with both you and Artermesia that this is the DM damning the girls with faint praise. But I find what you have written interesting.

1. "lobbying" - this is pure speculation by the press - there is no evidence. If I've missed the evidence (other than heresay) then please point me that way. But also no evidence that they didn't - I accept that. But Beatrice is working full time and Eugenie is also working so I have opted towards speculation

2. "Pushing" - again speculation, heresay, let's make up a story ....... no evidence. If Andrew really wanted this he could have brought them with him on visits for the past 10 years - its how Anne learnt the ropes. But he didn't so I'm thinking speculation.

3. "unveiling a plaque" - I'm sorry but what is this referring to? I've not been a member on this site for a very long time so might have missed something.

4. "Charles not supporting" Speculation and heresay by the press. No evidence, as there is no evidence anywhere that Charles wants a smaller BRF.

5. Very true but don't just concentrate on Charles and Andrew. It applies across all of the siblings. I think I've worked out why. Charles away at boarding school, then military including a longish stint in the navy, captaining a ship so limited interaction while younger boys growing up; Anne got married and did 3 day eventing which consumed all the available time outside of royal duties. The 2 younger boys are a lot younger, so different interests. Then Andrew away in the Navy. What chance did they have??

Because of all of this history its easy for the media to talk about falling out, disagreeing etc. They could do something about it if there was something critically important to the royal family to resolve or if it was true. I just think that it is athe natural outcome that they have little in common and have led separate lives.

I also agree with what has been said that these 2 girls do not deserve the bad press they get. And Andrew and Sarah deserve credit for bringing them up so well.

I was going to say the same things. :flowers:
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Beatrice and Eugenie are blacklisted without using the word "Sarah".

But it's impossible to get away from her.

If she would keep her distance when her daughters attend public events, it would be fine.
But many people perceive Fergie as clinging to her girls like a limpet, using them to attempt to wedge her way back into the RF (many of which loathe her and want nothing to do with her). I think it's a bit odd myself- how many fifty-something women go clubbing with their twenty-something daughters?

You can't tell me this doesn't impact on the York girls. It may be unfair, but it's the way of the world. (Harry is said to be close to his cousins, but when he was at the same Olympic event when they were there with Fergie, he was careful not to even acknowledge them).

Unfair? Maybe, but there it is!

If she would keep her distance when her daughters attend public events, it would be fine.
But many people perceive Fergie as clinging to her girls like a limpet, using them to attempt to wedge her way back into the RF (many of which loathe her and want nothing to do with her). I think it's a bit odd myself- how many fifty-something women go clubbing with their twenty-something daughters?

You can't tell me this doesn't impact on the York girls. It may be unfair, but it's the way of the world. (Harry is said to be close to his cousins, but when he was at the same Olympic event when they were there with Fergie, he was careful not to even acknowledge them).

I think the York's have their girls night out when they can. I don't think it's about Sarah trying to hang with the younger crowd or being clingy. Everynow and then you see Andrew join them at a club or restaurant. They are a family that enjoy going out together, nothing wrong with that.

From what I remember, Harry did wave to Beatrice & Eugenie at the Olympic game.

me and my mother, we really enjoy each others company. she would actually like going to the same clubs that i liked going to. some days we would invite her friends to come with us, some days we would invite my friends to come with us. this stopped when i started having kids. my drinking buddy was also my babysitter. so it didnt work out to well. :)

the point of the story is...there are always 2 ways of looking at a picture. maybe the girls are going out with her. and Sarah just happens to enjoys the same clubs.

There's a time and a place however. Sarah might enjoy the same clubs or restaurants as her daughters, but that doesn't mean she has to be their at the same time her daughters are.
I can imagine the situation, Beatrice and Eugenie are planning on going out with their boyfriends, Sarah overhears and casually invites herself because who would say no to their own mother? Sarah should know her place, as a mother, but she doesn't.

Did you and your mother walk around holding hands? Cause there are many pictures of Sarah still holding hands and it looks ridiculous for a 50 plus year old women holding hand of her twenty something daughters. Beatrice and Eugenie will need to be very careful a single foot wrong, silly outfit or reports of someone other then Andrew paying there way and the press will pounce and they will show even less mercy. This isn't a royal engagement it has nothing to do with BP or the Queen the Government for some bizarre reason asked them. I believe Andrew is behind it 2 young women just out of Uni with no economics degrees better known for their fashion and partying and a little charity work wouldn't be on the top of a lot of peoples list for this sort of role. Part of this is a reception with a discussion on economic issues as said in the report not too sure how either of these girls are going to do that neither studied it and Beatrice only started her job a couple of months ago. I wonder who will be helping them with everything? Andrews office or the government? People keep asking how will the RF cope with fewer people it makes sense that they will cut back on charities etc or find new ways to lend support. We may not know of Charles's plan until he takes the throne but it isn't a secret he wants a slim downed monarchy the palace and insiders have been saying so for years. It will be interesting to see how Germany react the thing about these sorts of things it's always hard to work out if it's successful or not.

This isn't a royal engagement it has nothing to do with BP or the Queen the Government for some bizarre reason asked them. I believe Andrew is behind it 2 young women just out of Uni with no economics degrees better known for their fashion and partying and a little charity work wouldn't be on the top of a lot of peoples list for this sort of role.

Perhaps the Government has chosen them to represent Great Britain abroad, and to bring attention to the country. Makes perfect sense to me, Henry was used in pretty much the same way last year. I don't believe the girls are known for their fashion, they simple wear clothes, their outfits are talked about in the press because that is what they prefer to discuss instead of the event going on behind. Catherine's fashion is the first thing mentioned when she attends an event, it's not like it's exclusive to the York Girls.

Partying is a different matter, they go out like pretty much every 20 year old university students do. Look and Henry and William when they were in their twenties, hardly watch movie types on a saturday night.

"Little Charity Work" - Beatrice climbed Mont Blanc in support of her charity Big Change Charitable Trust. She ran the London Marathon in supprt of Children in Crisis, she's done events in support of The Teenage Cancer Trust and Springboard for Children. All whilst studying and completeing a degree in History and History of Ideas in which she recieved a 2:1 a fantastic achievement for anyone, and even greater for someone who suffers from dyslexia.

Eugenie, who by the way has just finished a 3 year university and achieveing a 2:1 like her sister has often done engagements with her sister in support of The Teenage Cancer Trust, and she began patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital redevelopment appeal in April 2012. The hospital that treated her for scoliosis.

Part of this is a reception with a discussion on economic issues as said in the report not too sure how either of these girls are going to do that neither studied it and Beatrice only started her job a couple of months ago.

I have seen nothing about an economic discussion, could you point out an article for that?

but it isn't a secret he wants a slim downed monarchy the palace and insiders have been saying so for years.

Because insiders know everything, we don't know what Charles actually wants and he's hardly going to tell us the truth. Cutting back on charities and engagements is going to annoy and hurt a lot of people and continue the crys of "taxpayers money".

I thinks that beatrice and eugenie can stand the christmas with her mother if they want do. a couple years in the last it was imposible but now I think they can do it.
the girls would be royals their all lifes, some thing can changes when charles become in king, but the girls always will be royals and I think hat is great to the girls star to works to the firm, official or not. an d sarah always be their mother. I personally love sarah, I know her in person and is a very loverly lady, the firm have troubles with sarah not with the girls

It's a mini adventure for princesses Beatrice and Eugenie as they drive a car emblazoned with the Union Jack around Berlin to celebrate the best of British
They are not usually considered the most stylish members of the Royal Family, but today princesses Beatrice and Eugenie looked elegant and on-trend as they arrived at the Berlin British school, the first stop on a whistle stop tour of the city that will include a visit to a high profile Berlin fashion fair. The sisters are acting as ambassadors to Britain in their first joint overseas engagement. They have travelled to Germany for a two-day tour promoting the UK as part of the Great Campaign - a global initiative to attract visitors, business and students to the UK.

There's a time and a place however. Sarah might enjoy the same clubs or restaurants as her daughters, but that doesn't mean she has to be their at the same time her daughters are.
I can imagine the situation, Beatrice and Eugenie are planning on going out with their boyfriends, Sarah overhears and casually invites herself because who would say no to their own mother? Sarah should know her place, as a mother, but she doesn't.

It seems more likely that Sarah, Beatrice & Eugenie have their own girls night out and enjoy having a good time with their mum. I can see how it may look weird to everyone else to have a woman in her 50's hanging out with young girls in their 20's but I really don't think they care how it looks to everybody else.

Andrew very often join his daughters out on the town and I really don't see anyone complain about that. I just think they make sure they have their family time and don't mind the age difference

Did you and your mother walk around holding hands? Cause there are many pictures of Sarah still holding hands and it looks ridiculous for a 50 plus year old women holding hand of her twenty something daughters. Beatrice and Eugenie will need to be very careful a single foot wrong, silly outfit or reports of someone other then Andrew paying there way and the press will pounce and they will show even less mercy. This isn't a royal engagement it has nothing to do with BP or the Queen the Government for some bizarre reason asked them. I believe Andrew is behind it 2 young women just out of Uni with no economics degrees better known for their fashion and partying and a little charity work wouldn't be on the top of a lot of peoples list for this sort of role. Part of this is a reception with a discussion on economic issues as said in the report not too sure how either of these girls are going to do that neither studied it and Beatrice only started her job a couple of months ago. I wonder who will be helping them with everything? Andrews office or the government? People keep asking how will the RF cope with fewer people it makes sense that they will cut back on charities etc or find new ways to lend support. We may not know of Charles's plan until he takes the throne but it isn't a secret he wants a slim downed monarchy the palace and insiders have been saying so for years. It will be interesting to see how Germany react the thing about these sorts of things it's always hard to work out if it's successful or not.

The Yorks are not the only people that hold hands when out and about. I've seen Catherine & Pippa do the samething when out and about. The same goes for Chelsy and her friends and others. It seems like it's a way to show unity or possibly help each other through the the photographers that's ahead of them.

Last edited:
For all of us, some things we do follow us around for life. It may not be fair - but it is true.

Yeah, but I think the DM is just doing that to get the colorful comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom