York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a cheery occasion. Sarah looks quite respectable (though I admit I loathe animal print), and Bea looks great and relaxed.:flowers:

Tuesday 22nd May, Sarah and Beatrice opened a Teen Cancer Ward in Sutton. A few previous posts refer to it.

oh thanks so much, is so nice to see sarah and beatrice togheter doing charity.

If Beatrice and Eugenie have any hopes of even being part time working royals, appearing with their mother does not help their cause. It becomes guilt by association.

If Beatrice and Eugenie have any hopes of even being part time working royals, appearing with their mother does not help their cause. It becomes guilt by association.

I wouldn't say guilt by association as much as I would think that as much as the girl's seem to have their mother along, it detracts from the sense that the girls would be part of the "Firm". When you really think about it, the girls are pictured out and about with their mother more so than their father.

Perhaps the happy middle ground is that the girls do continue on doing charity work with their mother. That way it does give the charities a bit of "royal" flavoring and the girls themselves don't have the more encumbering duties that being a working royal would entail.

I just keep thinking that in the not too far off future, both girls are going to want to settle down to marriage and start a family. The way things are right now, they'll be able to ease into their own relationships out of the public limelight.

Thing is that it seems to be more Beatrice than Eugenie. Beatrice who still hasn't, publicly, settled on anything and is seen mostly out and about with her boyfriend. Compared to Eugenie, Beatrice doesn't seem to be doing much if one looks at the ratio of social events she's attending. It looks like she's following in her mother' footsteps, which, lets be honest, doesn't look good for her.

Last edited:
Thing is that it seems to be more Beatrice than Eugenie. Beatrice who still hasn't, publicly, settled on anything and is seen mostly out and about with her boyfriend. Compared to Eugenie, Beatrice doesn't seem to be doing much if one looks at the ratio of social events she's attending. It looks like she's following in her mother' footsteps, which, lets be honest, doesn't look good for her.

Beatrice has settled on a job. She had a work placement in a bank, which has now been extended. The bank in question has confirmed that Beatrice is now being paid.

Sarah is still patron of the Teenage Cancer Trust and carries out official engagements on their behalf, Beatrice has in the past accompanied her mother on these engagements. She's also done some things on her own, an environmental charity with tree planting comes to mind. Beatrice leads quite a private life so the only time she's photographed is at social events but this doesn't mean she does nothing else. She also has a strong sense of her family's history as she was the one who oversaw the refurbishment of the playhouse given to the Queen which is at Royal Lodge.

Sarah is their mother and the idea that by shunning her they will be more "valuable"?

She is their mother but that does not mean she has to accompany them at engagements or that they have to accompany her on her engagements.
Sarahs reputation in the UK is pretty much beyond repair and appearing together tars the girls with the same brush. If they have any aspirations to work for the Firm, appearing with Sarah just affirms why they should not be working royals. It gives the impression that if you want Beatrice or Eugenie you have to accept their mother as part of the deal and that is just a non-starter.
IMO their associations should be private, and other than graduations or marriage or a private dinner at a restaurant they should not appear in public together.

This event took place at a hospital that has a lot of Royal visits, I think? So even if the event wasn't "official", it looks semi-official because Beatrice was there--which in turn makes it look like Sarah was on a semi-official "royal" engagement. So yes, I agree with you on this. I noticed in the video how Sarah was doing a lot of talking whereas Beatrice was mostly listening to the patient speak. This speaks volumes to me. Sarah, as usual, was making the event about "her", whereas Beatrice was being supportive, which is what a Princess does.

IMO their associations should be private, and other than graduations or marriage or a private dinner at a restaurant they should not appear in public together.

I agree and I wondered about the plaque. Sarah's name is above Beatrice's I would have thought a Princess would outrank Sarah. It's small but it made me wonder. If Sarah is taking the girls with her to add that Royal flavour and ensure attention then it has to be looked into. BP are very careful about engagements it looks almost like Sarah is their momanger! I never read that Beatrice was being paid she only got the placement a couple of weeks ago. Being in the financial area seems a little out of sorts for a career with Beatrice. Her degree has nothing to do with finance and she really has shown no interest in it. For someone with such a serious job I wouldn't expect to see her out as much as she has been lately. Where did you read they had hired her?

Last edited:
Sarah's name is first because she has been a patron of the charity Teens with Cancer for years. Beatrice has been supportive of this charity as well but it is one of her mother's charities.

Beatrice knows that she isn't wanted by her uncle and cousins as a working royal and so is coming up with ways to be useful in her own right.

This engagement was not an official engagement by the way - no mention in the Court Circular.

The problem is that people think that everything the royals do is official and that means the girls can't actually support anything as people will think they are their officially rather than there as private individuals who happen to be royals and who have other connections e.g. Sarah who is a patron.

When you go and open a ward and get a plaque then it is natural to think it is an official visit of some sort. Most private individuals don't do that sort of thing. I don't think this will help Beatrice because it looks more like Sarah is using her to get publicity would we have heard or seen this if Beatrice wasn't with her? If Beatrice really wants to be considered for Royal Duties I would think she needs to start doing these things on her own and I don't mean just going to parties and showing up for the press.

Last edited:
When you go and open a ward and get a plaque then it is natural to think it is an official visit of some sort. Most private individuals don't do that sort of thing. I don't think this will help Beatrice because it looks more like Sarah is using her to get publicity would we have heard or seen this if Beatrice wasn't with her? If Beatrice really wants to be considered for Royal Duties I would think she needs to start doing these things on her own and I don't mean just going to parties and showing up for the press.

I think its pretty obvious from what we have been seeing lately that Beatrice working for the "firm" isn't going to happen. As the royal family downsizes, I also expect to see members of the royal family such as Beatrice and Eugenie still supporting charities but as themselves rather than representing the "firm".

Actually Sarah doing her charity work is a good thing in my book. She's been relatively calm without the limelight focused on her personally. Perhaps the Turkish suit has put a cramp in her jet setting. Perhaps she's laying low in respect to the Queen's Jubilee but whatever it is, its working.

Actually Sarah doing her charity work is a good thing in my book. She's been relatively calm without the limelight focused on her personally. Perhaps the Turkish suit has put a cramp in her jet setting. Perhaps she's laying low in respect to the Queen's Jubilee but whatever it is, its working.

I just don't trust Sarah at all.
I think she uses her daughters to get press coverage (if she'd been alone, would there have been any publicity for the Butterfly Ball?)

The more Beatrice attends these things with Sarah, the more distance will grow between her and the rest of the RF, imo.

I do love the colour of their dresses. But the hair on both of them just isn't right. I do wish Sarah would do something about her makeup, it ages her does little to make her look good. She looks drawn and pale. Both need to stay away from the hairspray. So Beatrice is with Sarah again these two are attached to the hip lately.

On June 7 Princess Beatrice and Sarah, Duchess of York were pictured leaving Daphne's restaurant in Knightsbridge, London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I thought the same thing. She isn't wearing any makeup and she doesn't have the skin or looks to pull that off. Why go out to a fancy place to eat and not make any real effort? Her outfit seems to have become some sort of uniform and it doesn't work for her. Beatrice doesn't look that much better either.

Frankly, I don't think either of them look that bad. Sarah was never any great beauty, imo, and she's aging, and this is what happens. Not everyone always wants to be 'on' for the cameras. Maybe she feels more comfortable without going out all the time piling on the make-up, so what? I'm sure there are plenty of photos of every person on this board that could be described as 'hideous', trust me, there's plenty of me. And I'm not being hounded by the papps at every turn. As for Pss B, I think she looks fine. Casual. Like countless young women her age. Really . . .

Sarah was never any great beauty, imo, and she's aging, and this is what happens. Not everyone always wants to be 'on' for the cameras. Maybe she feels more comfortable without going out all the time piling on the make-up, so what?

I'm aging and, like millions of women doing the same, I don't look that bad when I go to a restaurant!

We are talking about Sarah - so reading that not everyone always wants to be «on» for the cameras just made my day. Thank you so much for the laughs!

I know plenty of women around Sarah's age who don't get papped going to dinner and they make far more effort then Sarah has. She isn't going to McDonalds and being surprised here. She and Beatrice are at a well known high end restaurant where they both would have a fair idea they would get snapped. I would never go out and eat looking this way and neither do most women I know. Sarah has been showing up without makeup a lot it makes me wonder if she thinks it makes her look less interested in getting attention. I don't trust Sarah she always has a reason when she does things.

I think the point I was trying to make is that Sarah has lost interest in making an effort to look her best when out and about. We all have our "off" days, but it seems to be happening to her all the time. :eek:

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie were pictured shopping together in London on June 12:

** Pic ** gallery **

What are they wearing? Between Beatrice's thigh high suede looking black boots and Eugenie's black tights with white sneakers, green dress and black cardigan it's tough to say who looks worse. I know Beatrice thinks wearing black makes you look slimmer but it doesn't always look elegant and wearing those boots defeat the whole purpose anyway. You need to be really tall and wear certain types of clothes to get away with them and Beatrice doesn't have either. Beatrice didn't stay in Paris for long, I wonder if she is still working?

What are they wearing? Between Beatrice's thigh high suede looking black boots and Eugenie's black tights with white sneakers, green dress and black cardigan it's tough to say who looks worse. I know Beatrice thinks wearing black makes you look slimmer but it doesn't always look elegant and wearing those boots defeat the whole purpose anyway. You need to be really tall and wear certain types of clothes to get away with them and Beatrice doesn't have either. Beatrice didn't stay in Paris for long, I wonder if she is still working?
From my own personal observations at my local mall they are wearing what most of their contemporaries wear for a casual day's shopping, for better or worse...

For a casual day of shopping, I see nothing wrong with their outfits. They're dressing to blend in with the crowd. If Eugenie is anything like me, she's probably wearing sneakers in while in transit and has a better but less comfortable pair of shoes in her purse.

This pic is my favorite. I would have loved to know what they were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom