York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are some shoes! I guess she doesn't want the girls borrowing them. She really shouldn't wear such short dresses that shot of her in the car is less then flattering.

More likely that she is having some problem that prevents her from wearing heels.

Don't know about the shoes but I think she is too old to wear a dress that short.

I loved the caption (if she forgets who she is, she need only look down at her shoes...)

When you reach the age where you need to wear «comfortable» shoes you are too old to wear a dress that short, and may I add, too old to hang out in hip places with the young crowd!

Sarah, Duchess of York, Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended a private party
at the Downtown Mayfair restaurant, London on March 13, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Angry Prince Andrew has to pay for three former police bodyguards to protect daughters Bea and Eugenie
The Duke of York will now fork out at least £250,000 a year to provide *security for the royal princesses.
Prince Andrew has been forced to rehire his daughters’ bodyguards out of his own pocket after losing a long fight to keep royal protection for them. The Duke of York will now fork out at least £250,000 a year to provide *security for Princess Beatrice, 23, who has lost her Scotland Yard bodyguards. Sister Eugenie, 22, will lose her official guards when she finishes her degree at Newcastle University this year. *Andrew’s annual bill could then double to £500,000.

It isn't a huge shock it's been the cards for sometime. Beatrice and Eugenie are not going to be working Royals so it is hard to justify that much protection for them. Peter and Zara don't have bodyguards and get along just fine without them they both have careers and appear at Royal Events like the Trooping of the Colour etc just like the girls do. Beatrice lives at St James Palace so she has more security then some people do there and chances are Eugenie will get a similar type apartment from her Grandmother. If Andrew wants to pay then it's up to him.

Angry Prince Andrew has to pay for three former police bodyguards to protect daughters Bea and Eugenie - Mirror Online

It has been reported previously that the protection officers were not being paid for by the public - so not sure if this is to be believed or not. Why would the girls need protection during college, but not thereafter - that makes no sense to me. And while they currently live where there are officers (dad's place,) ultimately, presumably, they will move in with husbands and thus out of Dad's house - although Beatrice, I thought I read, has an apartment at St. James.

The public have been paying for the protection officers. It's saying that it has been decided that it is to be stopped now. Although there were reports floating around the last 12 months making it sound like this had already happened. So now if Andrew wants them to be protected he has to pay for it. Which to me only seems right. The girls are not doing any public duties and are considered more private like their cousins Peter and Zara who don't and never have had protection officers. Beatrice moved into St James a palace a few years ago so she has security at home and Eugenie is at school and there is a protection officer with her there. I sometimes feel that Andrew and Sarah regard themselves a little too highly. Anne hasn't felt the need for her children to have them and they too are grandchildren of the Queen. Even though they are 5 and 6 in line to the throne there would have to be some sort of major event to take place for either to move up the line. I don't think it's a bad thing but for some it will seem like a relegation of their status. You would think it would make life and certainly a working life so much easier for them.

I have no opinion as to whether they should or should not have protection officers- it's not my tax dollars that have paid for them all these years. I'm just questioning the logic of the explanation as to why now is a good time v. some other time.

I think they needed an excuse and the overspending for protection at the wedding and the Queen and Prince Charles wanting to downsize the monarchy is as good a reason as any. I don't think there ever is a good time for these things.

I read somewhere that potential employers of Beatrice were turned off by her protection officer. So on a positive view: maybe she has now better chances to find a suitable job?

I read that too. Not sure if it was true or not but it did say that some employers were turned off at the big burly guards. Not really sure how it would work in a office type situation.

Yesterday, April 3, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie saw "Florence and the Machine" perform
at the Royal Albert Hall in a fundraiser for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Apparently wearing red, Princess Beatrice joined her mother this evening at a Marie Curie Fundraiser.

Heather Kerzner Poses With Princess Beatrice And Sarah

Here are the Getty images.
Sigh, can someone explain Beatrice's decision to wear the black/floral jacket thing over what seems a lovely red dress? I don't get it, to my eyes someone whipped up a vaguely asian style short coat out of a horrid print fabric - in short it looks frumpy and like she grabbed what was handy from her closet w/out a thought to whether it worked w/ the dress. Am I just hopelessly old fashioned and Beatrice so avant garde that I'll never get her fashion mismatches? I don't mean to be unkind, I am just truly befuddled by the pairing.

Last edited:
I am with you it just doesn't go at all. There is usually some reason but I don't see it with this coat and dress. But then lately she has had several what was she thinking moments? I am wondering is the stylist has been given the boot? She picked for a while and now she seems to have reverted back. The dress would have been fine by itself but with that jacket it looks odd. Her mix and matching lately has been very miss. With all the black jackets she owns why not wear one of them?

Heather Kerzner Poses With Princess Beatrice And Sarah

Here are the Getty images.
Sigh, can someone explain Beatrice's decision to wear the black/floral jacket thing over what seems a lovely red dress? I don't get it, to my eyes someone whipped up a vaguely asian style short coat out of a horrid print fabric - in short it looks frumpy and like she grabbed what was handy from her closet w/out a thought to whether it worked w/ the dress. Am I just hopelessly old fashioned and Beatrice so avant garde that I'll never get her fashion mismatches? I don't mean to be unkind, I am just truly befuddled by the pairing.

I Think The Dress Nice But The Jacket ruined The Whole Look & Dress Design Very Much , would be Much Better without Jacket :flowers:

Sarah, Duchess of York and Princess Beatrice during the Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraiser hosted by Heather Kerzner at Claridge's Hotel on May 15, 2012 in London. Marie Curie Nurses provide free end of life care to patients with terminal illness in their own homes or in one of their nine hospices.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraiser Hosted By Heather Kerzner **

** Celebrities attend the marie curie cancer care fundraiser, hosted by heather kerzner at claridge's hotel **

** dailymail: On the other side of the lens for once! Kate Moss gets snap happy as she turns paparazzo for the night at Marie.. **

That's the event I mentioned last night and couldn't find any pictures, thanks Ice!

The jacket definitely didn't go with the dress. Still, Beatrice looked better than Sarah did, imo.

About that picture...it seems as if so many women wear their evening dresses so long that they trail on the floor. The hemlines must get filthy! (Not to mention the danger of tripping). Both Beatrice and Sarah seem to have dresses that brush the floor, while Heather's is way too long...how does she walk?

Why do they do this?

Sarah's dress is way too tight just look at the arms and it just isn't flattering. Although I am glad she is having her hair and makeup done again. The belt defeats the purpose of wearing black it does nothing for her. Bea well the dress would be fine without the necklace and jacket and purse she really doesn't look half as well turned out as she has been. I wonder how her new job is going?

What is it with Sarah that she has to hold everyone's hand?? :eek:

Mother and daughter night out! Sarah Ferguson and Princess Beatrice glam up to attend Marie Curie charity fundraiser
They're known for having a close relationship, so it was no surprise to see Sarah Ferguson and Princess Beatrice enjoying a night out together. The 52-year-old and her eldest daughter stepped out together to attend a Marie Curie Cancer Care fundraiser event at Claridges last night. The mother and daughter pair went all out with their attire and both looked rather glamorous in their floor-length numbers.
- Beatrice and Sarah arriving
- Beatrice and Sarah leaving
- Beatrice and Sarah with Heather Kerzner
- Beatrice and Sarah with a group of Marie Curie nurses
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/16/article-0-131C7B03000005DC-202_306x518.jpg

:previous: Sarah looks ebullient and Beatrice looks a wee bit uncomfortable.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom