York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah not too worried about traveling then! Didn't think she would give up her ski trip. Andrew looks happy and so do the girls so guess there not stressed about the turkey thing either.

I think this decision to travel to Switzerland might be because of Switzerland's own extradition laws which include: Extradition is also refused if proceedings abroad contradict the principles of the European Convention on Human Rights, or if they are carried out to prosecute or punish a person on account of their political opinion, their membership of a certain social group or nationality, their race or religion.

Extradition

I suppose it could be argued that Sarah's actions are based on:
1. her political opinion e.g. Turkey doesn't take care of its orphans and thus Sarah is safe in Switzerland as they won't extradite someone based on that person's political opinions,
2. her actions could be to highlight Turkey's abuse of the Human Rights of the children and thus she has protection because Switzerland won't extradite because the actions of Turkey could be seen to contradict Sarah's Human Rights and

In 2008 Switzerland refused to extradite members of the PKK - an organisation in Turkey classed as terrorist so they do have a history of not extraditing to Turkey far more serious offenders than Sarah.

Those photos of them skiing are from last year. The gallery says Feb 2011 in the description and I found similar photos on Zimbio from the same day dated Feb 2011 too.

The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York have been in their
skiing holidays in Verbier, Switzerland again!

Here are some pics of last Saturday, February 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Well it is nice to see the Princess' wearing helmets what with the passing of Natasha Richardson and her accident on the slopes. (no matter what year the pics) Does anyone know how well the Princesses' ski? I do know Fergie's a black diamond kinda gal and PA isn't a sloucher on the slopes.

really their look like a happy family, of course they are divorced but she look happy togheter

The Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Sarah, Duchess of York have been in their
skiing holidays in Verbier, Switzerland again!

Here are some pics of last Saturday, February 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Very Very Nice Pictures Prince Andrew look Very Nice & Princess Beatrice Look Nice Too :flowers: It Seems Nice Holidays :flowers:

I am confused.

The links say these pictures are 4th February 2011 but Iceflower has said they were last Saturday - which was the 4th February 2012.

Can we get some sort of confirmation about when these pictures were taken - 2011 or 2012?

I am confused.

The links say these pictures are 4th February 2011 but Iceflower has said they were last Saturday - which was the 4th February 2012.

Can we get some sort of confirmation about when these pictures were taken - 2011 or 2012?

This is the first post with pictures in from last year, seems they went on the same date last year too. There are certain similarities to the pictures, same clothes, same ski's but it seems to be sunnier and in one picture Eugenie has her hair back whereas in last years pictures she didn't. However the ones from "2012" could just be from a different day last year.

This is the first post with pictures in from last year, seems they went on the same date last year too. There are certain similarities to the pictures, same clothes, same ski's but it seems to be sunnier and in one picture Eugenie has her hair back whereas in last years pictures she didn't. However the ones from "2012" could just be from a different day last year.

They are definitely from last year. If you look at the gallery from the the link posted, the 4th picture is from the same day as this picture.
Sarah Ferguson and Family Go Skiing - Pictures - Zimbio

There's no way everyone would be wearing the exact same clothes and boots the year after. Andrew's clearly wearing the same clothes underneath his jacket and carrying his skis in the same way.

]
There's no way everyone would be wearing the exact same clothes and boots the year after. Andrew's clearly wearing the same clothes underneath his jacket and carrying his skis in the same way.

Whilst I agree that the pictures look like the ones from last year, it is possible for them to be wearing the same ski clothes they are after all only used once a year. Pictures from the Danish Crown Princely Couple's visit to Verbier show them wearing the exact same clothes from the previous year as well. You only where certain types of clothes for skiing, and underneath jackets.

Whilst I agree that the pictures look like the ones from last year, it is possible for them to be wearing the same ski clothes they are after all only used once a year. Pictures from the Danish Crown Princely Couple's visit to Verbier show them wearing the exact same clothes from the previous year as well. You only where certain types of clothes for skiing, and underneath jackets.

Yeah, but they are all standing in the same relative positions, wearing the same exact clothes even underneath their jackets, and carrying their skis the same way in the same location. (Besides the chances of Sarah Ferguson wearing the same black boots with the puff balls on them the next year are pretty slim and they are not ski boots either.) The pictures are both dated the same day in 2011 on their websites and no other website has pictures from this year or even mentioned that they were sighted there. I really don't think those pictures are from this year.

Andrew did go skiing at the end of January during his visit to Switzerland where he also made the comment about Britain having its own currency. The pictures from that visit are different to the ones from the 4th February so he does have more than one ski outfit.

He was doing official duties in Britain on 3rd February and again on the 6th February so squeezing in another visit to Switzerland would be a bit much even for Andrew.

It seems the winter holiday pics are indeed from last year. I only wonder why the agency has
added them to their news section, I haven't seen such an occurrence there before. So, sorry
for the confusion!

You don't have to have an HRH to be part of the royal family and do royal duties. Although they don't do many, Zara and Peter have participated in non annual royal engagements on behalf of their grandmother. Like someone said previously a record of Charles actually saying he wishes to downsize he royal family doesn't exist. All we hear is rumours, mostly containing information on Charles' apparent feelings towards his nieces the York girls. We will have to wait until he succeeds to find out his real plans. If he reigns long enough to put them in place that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duke of York, accompanied by Princess Eugenie, attended the launch of the Newcastle Theatre
Royal's 175th celebrations and viewed the results of the recent restoration programme. The Duke of
York also opened the new Hartlepool College of Further Education yesterday, February 16, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

wow she reminds me so much of the late Queen Mother as a young woman. She is very pretty and I like that she hasnt bought into the skinny celebrity hoohar not that Im criticising Bea who appears to have done it sensibly but Eugenie looks the sort girl that does things for her own reasons not influenced by others

Fergie overcomes her fear of arrest... to go skiing with ex-husband and daughters | Mail Online

This picture says it all: Fergie delighted to see cameras "we are still a family and I am part of it" , Andrew, not so much.
I wonder what he and the girls are thinking sometimes. To me see seems like a hanger-on that you just cant get rid of because if you do, it actually gets worse = Fergie having to look for own opportunities to make money.
We've been here before.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/19/article-2103567-0D0B675D000005DC-255_468x474.jpg

Fergie overcomes her fear of arrest... to go skiing with ex-husband and daughters | Mail Online

This picture says it all: Fergie delighted to see cameras "we are still a family and I am part of it" , Andrew, not so much.
I wonder what he and the girls are thinking sometimes. To me see seems like a hanger-on that you just cant get rid of because if you do, it actually gets worse = Fergie having to look for own opportunities to make money.
We've been here before.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/19/article-2103567-0D0B675D000005DC-255_468x474.jpg

Well the family might be away now, but the pictures the article have used are from last year. As we found out on this thread last week when the pictures cropped up on several image site as "this weeks news" when actually they're from 2011.

I did wonder that. Maybe they have been tricked by the date thing too. And let's face it the Mail Online can't miss a York shot.

Talk about melodrama by fergie no legitimate western democracy would arrest her. and then extradite her on such a farce of charges.

doric44 said:
Talk about melodrama by fergie no legitimate western democracy would arrest her. and then extradite her on such a farce of charges.

Well they would if she'd done something to be arrested and extradited for.

Lumutqueen said:
Well they would if she'd done something to be arrested and extradited for.

But she hasn't so ...

doric44 said:
But she hasn't so ...

Sarah's comment about thinking she might be arrested by Turkish authorities, was Sarah attempting to get another 15 minutes of fame. Oooo look at me I might be arrested, please write another article about this comment. And look the DM did, and included a story and pictures of an event that isn't even occurring to our knowledge.

How true does everyone think the rumors about the York girls are? I've notice we're seeing more of them, though that could be just them helping with the Jubilee.

I think the decision about them being working royals will be made within the next few years, so most likely that decision will be made by the Queen ( probably with Charles input). There does seem to be an abundance of working royals right now. However, There are a great number of senior royals that should be looking to reduce their workload in the coming years... The jubilee may be prove to be a farewell for some. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Andrew tries get both girls included on his commonwealth visits this year for the jubilee

Andrew is only going to India and it would surely have been announced at the time if Beatrice was to accompany him. Remember that Eugenie is still at uni so wouldn't even be considered for something like that.

:previous: I think it is a no-brainer. They have had their SUV's for a while with no adverse publicity about conspicuous consumption so obviously it was a slow news week for them to have dredged it up so long after the fact.

Whilst their cars don't run on bio fuel they are very environmentally friendly so I can't see Princes Philip or Charles having an issue with it. The fact that they also needed to dredge up the old "Dad is known as Air Miles Andy and Mum as Freebie Fergie" settles it.

This is just another nasty beat-up of the York family, and trying hard to get some traction in much the same way as the York family holiday in Verbier photo's recycled from 2011 were intended to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom