The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
Linley daughter clings on for dear life during rush hour school ride
How irresponsible of him....
Thanks for the pic, Alisa! Indeed it looks a bit strange and not that save with all that traffic around, but I'm sure David has been very careful. When I was in my first years at school a lot of mothers and fathers brought their kids to school like that, my foot once ended in the spokes which hurt a lot, but maybe it has only been a exception for the Linleys..

Old 09-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Royal Highness

Given how much money the Viscount got from his mother's auction, you'd think he would have been able to afford a proper bicycle already.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Is it known where these little people go to school, or is it kept secret ? Do you think all royal kids go to the same school in London ?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Given how much money the Viscount got from his mother's auction, you'd think he would have been able to afford a proper bicycle already.
LOL. Good point, Incas
Here are the newest pics from yesterday evening:

Caption:"David and Serina Linley attend a private viewing of "David Hockney: Portraits" at the National Portrait Gallery on October 11, 2006 in London, England."

(Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)
Old 10-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

Excellent pictures, Iceflower. I don't particularly care for Serena's dress (it looks like a ruffley slip to me) be she looks nice otherwise. There's something about her that reminds me of the Countess of Wessex. Maybe it's the coloring. Little Margarita certainly looks alot like her mum.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

The beige colour is really drab on most people with pale colouring to begin with.

In the mean time, Lord Linley finally got his new bike:
At last! Lord Linley makes a safe schoolrun
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy

father and son

lord linley looks just like his father
Old 10-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

I like the Serena's dress but I don't like the colour but she look gorgeous :)
Old 11-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Viscount Linley, named chairman of Christie's auction house

Auction house Christie's U.K. on Friday announced the appointment of Queen Elizabeth II's nephew as its new chairman.
Viscount Linley, son of the monarch's late sister Princess Margaret and the photographer Lord Snowdon, will assume his role on Dec. 1, Christie's said.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Viscount Linley, named chairman of Christie's auction house

Auction house Christie's U.K. on Friday announced the appointment of Queen Elizabeth II's nephew as its new chairman.
Viscount Linley, son of the monarch's late sister Princess Margaret and the photographer Lord Snowdon, will assume his role on Dec. 1, Christie's said.
Hmmmm . . . this is interesting. Does he have experience in this sort of thing (other than the auction of his mother's belongings)? Is this is a real post or just a "courtesy" position? How will it interfere with his furniture business? I don't know enough about Viscount Linley or Christies's to really comment but it just seems sorta strange. IMO.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've moved the posts about Lady Frances Armstrong Jones's wedding to Old New Royal and Blue, where you can find them in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hal-11540.html
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Pics 18.01.2007

Lord David Linley and Serena Linley attend the 'Great Britons' awards ceremony, Guildhall, London, Britain - 18 Jan 2007

David and Serena
Serena
Good looking couple
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Very nice pictures, Iceflower. I think Serena always comes across as elegant. They remind me of a couple for the Edwardian era or something. Alot of old British class.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Nobility

She could be addressed as "Lady Lindley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireweaver
Thank you :) I know that for some titles, they're addressed as "Lady" but I've no idea which ones those are.
But never Lady Serena Lindley. It is usually correct to address someone with Lady + specific title name (as long as they are female)
Old 01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Her fur wrap is very similar to one Princess Margaret had. I bet she inherited it.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

I thought she was addressed as Viscountess Linley?
Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the very interesting portraits, Ianna, and Madjenn on your pic the Queen looks like a wonderful swan
A portrait of Lord Linley in 2005:

David Linley
Old 04-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Commoner

there is a picture at polfoto (cants post) of viscount linley and his son watching a football match from saturday
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Aristocracy

Such a beautiful couple.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Here's the pic from last Saturday, David and his son watching soccer - FA Barclays Premiership - Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers - Stamford Bridge :

Tags
charles armstrong-jones, margarita armstrong-jones, viscount linley, viscountess linley